Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ryandc99

Two interesting points from this T&C:
  • Stays booked via the telephone don't count? Any other channel other than the website and app and telephone I am not thinking about? Obviously 3rd party OTAs etc.
  • M-life stays booked via Hyatt.com are always more expensive. Will be interesting to see if this is a trend for future hyatt promotions.
Yeah, bummer, I have an offer booked Anchor and Crown for $150 F/B credit on a $180 stay at Mandalay Bay in December. Booking through WoH would be an extra $75, no F/B credit. $75 for an extra 1000 or so Hyatt points, plus having to pay extra for food instead of meals at Charlie Palmer's and Libertine Social? LOL, pass.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I recently called the Citi Prestige Concierge to book a 4 nt stay during this new promo period. She made several attempts to book the stay through Hyatt.com but the Hyatt systems were so screwed up, she was forced to call and book it over the phone.

I doubt I'll waste both Citi's time & mine to try again & rebook this upcoming stay on Hyatt's wonky website!

• Stays booked via the telephone don't count? Any other channel other than the website and app and telephone I am not thinking about? Obviously 3rd party OTAs etc.
  • M-life stays booked via Hyatt.com are always more expensive. Will be interesting to see if this is a trend for future hyatt promotions.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What's this telephone thing you are talking about?

Actually, so no corporate travel system bookings? (which usually count as eligible bookings for points/night credit) My gut feel is that the authors of the T&C didn't think this through.... What say you, @World of Hyatt Concierge ?

Anyways... not going to change any of my existing non-Hyatt reservations because of this promo. There is one night I may need to still book where a HP might be convenient and competitive. We'll see.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just booked 9 stays at Marriott to complete Platinum with them, double points for a month sure as hell isn't going to get me to switch those back.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by invalyd
Just booked 9 stays at Marriott to complete Platinum with them, double points for a month sure as hell isn't going to get me to switch those back.
They really should have done a massive promo if they really wanted to try to get people back but now it seems they really could care less. Perhaps somebody that hadn't already planned out her/his holidays might happen to go to hyatt.com to make a reservation and may come across that there is a promo going on now. A proverbial middle finger to the elite members that abandoned them once WoH was implemented.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Thumbs down Hyatt Brainiacs

I just cancelled and rebooked via website, a 6 night club reservation because it was 'only' made via phone direct with Hyatt and wouldn't qualify for promo. Absolute morons governing this 'World of Hyatt' now. Thankfully same rate was still available. Hyatt do you honestly think this is conducive to retaining members? What a waste of my time having to do this.
nineworldseries likes this.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 15, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:46 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good evening everyone,

The double points are for all stays that are booked through our digital channels (Hyatt.com, mobile web or mobile app). I'm hoping this helps clear up any questions you may have.
Remember I'm always here to help.

Rebecca S
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good evening everyone,

The double points are for all stays that are booked through our digital channels (Hyatt.com, mobile web or mobile app). I'm hoping this helps clear up any questions you may have.
Remember I'm always here to help.

Rebecca S
Your phone channel should count too. That's ridiculous.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Aventine
Agreed. My upcoming stays in Japan involves a mix of cash and points, full point redemptions, free night cert, revenue nights using my company’s corporate rate, and Globalist Suite Upgrade certs. There’s no way I could have done all of this online.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Only post-GP WoH could come up with a lame promo so awful that it excludes (apparently) the methods by which most of their members book stays.

I have said it before, SPG gets my first 25 stays every year. Despite making Globalist via 60 nights for 2018, mostly enabled by unexpected project wins in areas that have a Hyatt presence, I will have no future voluntary Hyatt stays unless and until the new VP from SPG starts immediately making common sense, elite-friendly changes.

30 stays / 45 nights / bring back the welcome amenity
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
They're trying to train us to use channels that don't require Hyatt corporate to pay for telephone cs agents. As always, it's just about the $$.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
They're trying to train us to use channels that don't require Hyatt corporate to pay for telephone cs agents. As always, it's just about the $$.
This is one of those SMH moments.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Promo

I suspect that the channel restriction has two purposes; 1, to reduce use of phone bookings and 2, to only offer promo to people booking rack rates - this smells to me of a promo designed to exclude people booking with corporate rates.

Well done Hyatt - now that I can’t use my corporate rates for the promo, I don’t feel so bad making bookings with other chains, as the relevant rack rates are above our max per night.

Brilliant strategy - not.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I personally don’t think this promotion is all that bad, despite the limitations on booking channel. Yes, I wish it had come earlier, was longer, and was more amenable to corporate rates, but just $2,600 of spend during one of these gets you enough points for a top tier redemption (30k). I can’t think of any promos run in recent memory by the other brands that come close to this. Can you imagine earning the 30-35k required starpoints for a top tier redemption at SPG by spending only $2600? It would require one of their rare, restrictive 3x starpoints promos AND being a 75 night Plat!

Excluding points earned by credit card spend, of course. This is also just factoring in the value you’d get from hotel night redemptions. Once you get into comparing Hyatt with the flexibility of SPG, it gets a little murkier.

Last edited by blahmeh14; Nov 16, 2017 at 12:25 am
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I find it rather amusing that one much touted benefit of WoH is a private concierge for re-qualifying Globalists, yet reservations made through that private concierge are not eligible for promos
MSPeconomist, 59Impala and lautaro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.