Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thank you! I've stayed at ROS a few times, and am familiar with its pros (suite upgrade chances, lounge) and cons (location, age). I just looked at my ROS reservations and realized that two of them have guaranteed 8am checkin approved (Your24), so that's a further edge for the hotel. But it sounds as though it'd be crazy anyway to pay an extra THB 500-1000 to stay at HP.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Just had a quick 1 nighter here and a few updates:

Glob drink coupons, I was given 2, are only good for a tiny subset of drinks to the point it's now offered as a separate menu. After 6 months there's still nothing provided to wipe down gym equipment. Breakfast continues to offer a large selection of foods over and above what one would expect from an HP.

Will continue to utilize the hotel for quick stays especially if able to grab rates at 2000 THB.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:29 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Breakfast continues to offer a large selection of foods over and above what one would expect from an HP.
I did not comment in my review because I did not eat breakfast during my stay. However before leaving the hotel early morning, I stopped by to look at what's on offer and I would agree with comments from dsquared37. The breakfast spread looks nice. If we compare to breakfast in full service hotels, my cursory observation would be that the HP breakfast is between what you can find in an executive lounge versus breakfast buffet in a hotel restaurant (lounge breakfast < HP breakfast < full service hotel restaurant breakfast).

Given that breakfast is free for all guests at HP, once again it supports my previous arguments that HP is a solid hotel particularly for someone without status at any chain. However having status does not give you anything extra regarding breakfast (as far as I know) than some random traveller, so the value proposition is more mitigated if you have status.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
Given that breakfast is free for all guests at HP, once again it supports my previous arguments that HP is a solid hotel particularly for someone without status at any chain. However having status does not give you anything extra regarding breakfast (as far as I know) than some random traveller, so the value proposition is more mitigated if you have status.
I almost always am given the xx07 room (soi 24 facing suite) though would never utter a word of disappointment if not. This hotel does appear to take care of Globs at least as far as room allocation goes, which is about all they can do, and still over and above what is required.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 3:10 pm

I almost always am given the xx07 room (soi 24 facing suite) though would never utter a word of disappointment if not. This hotel does appear to take care of Globs at least as far as room allocation goes, which is about all they can do, and still over and above what is required.
Interesting. So the rooms xx01 are the specialty rooms, and the rooms xx07 are the suites? I thought I looked at the floor plan and did not notice a room bigger than mine (xx01) on the floor - maybe I am wrong.

Perhaps Globalists with several stays at this property have better odds of suite upgrades and that because it was only my 2nd stay I did not get a suite.

And what is the difference between a specialty room and a view specialty room? Is it about low floor vs high floor?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. So the rooms xx01 are the specialty rooms, and the rooms xx07 are the suites? I thought I looked at the floor plan and did not notice a room bigger than mine (xx01) on the floor - maybe I am wrong.

Perhaps Globalists with several stays at this property have better odds of suite upgrades and that because it was only my 2nd stay I did not get a suite.

And what is the difference between a specialty room and a view specialty room? Is it about low floor vs high floor?
Does the xx01 room look back over the park? I've had that room as well in the past but I don't care for the layout. Floors have different plans; I don't know if there are xx07 suites below the pool. Otherwise I haven't paid attention to room types and names. There are also bigger suites above the Aire Bar from what I understand.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:32 pm

Does the xx01 room look back over the park? I've had that room as well in the past but I don't care for the layout. Floors have different plans; I don't know if there are xx07 suites below the pool. Otherwise I haven't paid attention to room types and names. There are also bigger suites above the Aire Bar from what I understand.
Yes the xx01 rooms look over the park, I could see the Marriott Marquis from the window. When you get out the elevators, you turn right and the xx01 room is at the end of the hallway. Those are the "specialty" rooms; on hyatt.com we can see it's 37 sq m. Both times I was above the pool (23rd floor and 28th floor).

The suites are 51 sq m and seem to have a different layout according to pictures on hyatt.com. The living room is completely separated from the bedroom by a door, unlike the specialty room which is just one big room with no division. Sounds like you normally have the suites indeed, and it's good to know that Globalists can get the suite.

And there is also the "Suite View" which is 58 sq m on the top floor (so you are correct, above Aire Bar). It is 1000 THB more than the regular suites.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes the xx01 rooms look over the park, I could see the Marriott Marquis from the window. When you get out the elevators, you turn right and the xx01 room is at the end of the hallway. Those are the "specialty" rooms; on hyatt.com we can see it's 37 sq m. Both times I was above the pool (23rd floor and 28th floor).

The suites are 51 sq m and seem to have a different layout according to pictures on hyatt.com. The living room is completely separated from the bedroom by a door, unlike the specialty room which is just one big room with no division. Sounds like you normally have the suites indeed, and it's good to know that Globalists can get the suite.

And there is also the "Suite View" which is 58 sq m on the top floor (so you are correct, above Aire Bar). It is 1000 THB more than the regular suites.
The suites are nicely laid out as you describe with ample space in the bedroom and a reasonable layout in the second room as well. Both have windows looking out over the pool and to the east. The bathroom is sufficient. The problem I had with the xx01 room is the TV placement on a stand on the floor (similar to BKK PH actually). Also the air systems blows directly onto the bed assuring the couch/bathroom remain warm while the bed side of the room is cold.

I don't know if other Globs receive the same kind of upgrades here or it's my luck based upon a combination of knowing staff who moved over from the GH and having conversed with the GM on several occasions.

I'm still curious how the opening of the HR will affect both GH and HP rate wise. I'd also surmise the HR will be a Cat 3 hotel.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I have moved a few stays to Hyatt while the Marriott system mess continues, and as such have had two stays at the HP.

overall I am very pleased with this hotel, good rates, good and functional rooms. I like the beds very much, firm mattress, feather pillows and duvet.

breakfast is pretty good although can be a bit of a zoo with tour groups.

as an explorist I was upgraded to a xx01 room on my return stay, a very nice room, spacious and great views.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I just checked in here for 6 nights on points, as a Globalist, they gave me a standard room and told me they do not give upgrades on points. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of, considering the heaps of praise I read on this forum and on TA.

I’m calling BS. And all room categories are available for sale.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I just checked in here for 6 nights on points, as a Globalist, they gave me a standard room and told me they do not give upgrades on points. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of, considering the heaps of praise I read on this forum and on TA.

I’m calling BS. And all room categories are available for sale.
That's as according to the T&C for Hyatt Place.

Edit: What I mean is, not giving upgrades is according to the T&C. If they give them out on cash stays but not on pts nights, they are technically doing more than is required, although it rubs me the wrong way too.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's as according to the T&C for Hyatt Place.
oh.. then I stand corrected. I knew I couldn’t use a suite upgrade but I wasn’t aware they did not upgrade on points either. That sucks.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to be really clear, the "best room available benefit" section of the terms ends with Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Rewards destinations.

It's my opinion that they should treat people redeeming awards or points the same way that they treat people paying cash. That is the whole purpose of points. However, that's just my opinion, and there's nothing preventing them from discriminating against people staying on points when it comes to providing benefits that are beyond the requirements.

So, it rubs me the wrong way, enough that I might discuss it with the manager. They should understand that most people who are staying on points (particularly globalists) earned those points by paying cash at other Hyatt properties. Today's points customer might be tomorrow's cash customer, so it would be in the property's best interests to treat those customers well, especially in a place like BKK where there are 4 Hyatts, as well as a myriad of other hotels. But in the end, it's up to them.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Just to be really clear, the "best room available benefit" section of the terms ends with Not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts or M life Rewards destinations.

It's my opinion that they should treat people redeeming awards or points the same way that they treat people paying cash. That is the whole purpose of points. However, that's just my opinion, and there's nothing preventing them from discriminating against people staying on points when it comes to providing benefits that are beyond the requirements.

So, it rubs me the wrong way, enough that I might discuss it with the manager. They should understand that most people who are staying on points (particularly globalists) earned those points by paying cash at other Hyatt properties. Today's points customer might be tomorrow's cash customer, so it would be in the property's best interests to treat those customers well, especially in a place like BKK where there are 4 Hyatts, as well as a myriad of other hotels. But in the end, it's up to them.
HHs and HPs have welcomed me as a Globalist but gave me what I booked (standard room). Not really enhancing my low opinion of them. It wouldn't kill them to upgrade their highest tier members to whatever the best room in the house is.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 20, 2019 at 3:34 am
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
HHs and HPs have welcomed me as a Globalist but gave me what I booked (standard room). Not really enhancing my low opinion of them. It wouldn't kill them to upgrade their highest tier members to whatever the best room in the house is.
I tweeted Hyatt after check in but before I knew the terms, an executive team member reached out to me with a specialty king view room. One hell of a view now even tho I feel like a dick about it but it will make my 6 night stay significantly better
Aventine and VegasGambler like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.