Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
link to review on FT, since the official link does not seem to work.
Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Had a great stay in the ocean view corner suites mentioned above. Booked using a great Premium suite points upgrade rate (~300USD + 9k points). Two even more premium suites were available at check in but we were not further upgraded.

Staff were excellent everywhere. Suite was fantastic in basically every way and I actually preferred the lagoon view (facing south from the property) to the ocean view. All outdoor pools were closed in November, the indoor pool was adequate and facilities include a steam room and hot tub. Gym is small and only offers basic equipment. My wife says the bicycles had a sign stating they are available for free but the website lists them for rent. Not sure which is accurate...we did not ask or partake.

Lounge was nice but not very impressive for Asia. Offerings were slim but decent quality, alcohol pretty good and self-serve during cocktail hour. Breakfast in the restaurant is available for an upcharge of about 1500 JPY and it was worth it in our opinion. Restaurant breakfast was significantly more substantial. Still only marginally above average among our experiences in Asia.

The hotel offers a 3000 JPY incentive for choosing their light housekeeping option. I don't remember the exact details, but something along the lines of no housekeeping on Day 2, light housekeeping on Day 3, etc. They will replace towels and toiletries on request and independent of this "light" option.

I recall that parking was available for a low fee, but we used the limousine bus which was around 1800 JPY each way and relatively comfortable.
When you booked your award stay, did it include access to club or was it through status? Was there breakfast items at the club? I was hoping the restaurant breakfast was part of the club access upgrade.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by freckles123
Does the recommendation change for a globalist deciding between HR Naha w/ SUA vs HR Seragaki w/ SUA vs Terrace Club at Busena? How would you compare the properties from that perspective?
I've never been to Terrace Club. Globalist is great at HR Naha and Seragaki, not sure it tips the scales one way or the other. Just depends what you want as they're very different properties and locations.

Originally Posted by goober153
When you booked your award stay, did it include access to club or was it through status? Was there breakfast items at the club? I was hoping the restaurant breakfast was part of the club access upgrade.
I think every suite includes access to the club. It's listed in the room description. Yes, breakfast is available at the club and it's not bad, just not as good as I'd expect given this quality of property in Asia. The restaurant breakfast is available for an upcharge (~50%), so you are kinda getting a 50% subsidy by upgrading from club access.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Japan is a stickler for the rules and club access means club breakfast.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
We stayed here in late January 2024. I booked a Regency Suite using cash and points and got a very good rate during this off-season period. Although built in 2018, the hotel is still in almost pristine condition and looks like it was only just built.

Room
The Regency Suite is the smallest suite at 74-76 sqm but is plenty spacious for two people with a bedroom, living room, dining area (with microwave), and two bathrooms. It has a long balcony that covers the entire length of both rooms with full ocean views. It is attractive, very comfortable, and modern with nice wooden floors.

Regency Club
The club was nicer than I expected based on reviews I have read. The club is bright, modern, and spacious with plenty of seating, but it was never crowded. The food provided during the evening cocktail time was substantial enough to serve as a meal substitute and the sparkling wine was abundant and good. The breakfast was even more substantial but considerably less so than the restaurant breakfast buffet.

Indoor Pool
On our first day, the pool was barely used so we mostly had it to ourselves. On the other days, there were several people in the pool but there were still sufficient recliner seats for all. There’s a jacuzzi at one end of the pool and a steam sauna at the other end. It’s the only place to swim in the winter months when the outdoor pools and beaches are closed. The pool water is also heated. Just outside the sauna are two high-pressure showers that cool you off after your sauna. It’s a nice setup and the pool area is a great place to hang out for a few hours.

Steam sauna and showers

Activities
You are not allowed to swim in the ocean or outdoor pools unless you pay for a guided snorkeling tour in the surrounding ocean. Since this was our only choice, we did this and were guided for one hour in the ocean next to the hotel. It’s unfortunate that the surrounding ocean has been totally monetized and that guests cannot snorkel freely on their own, as our hour-long snorkeling tour costs 10,000 yen per person. The gym is located next to the pool locker room and is well-equipped, but I could imagine it getting crowded during the busy summer months. We used the hotel bicycles freely for up to three hours and explored the nearby coastal areas.

Overall
Wintertime is not the best time to visit this ocean resort with beaches and pools, which all close during the winter months. However, the room rates are much lower during this time, so if you have other things to do besides water sports, you may find it a worthwhile time to visit, as the hotel offers various other activities, though they are mostly paid. The facilities are all still in excellent condition and there are a few restaurants onsite, and you can order in-room dining. Having a car would be an advantage, especially during the off-season when the beaches and pools are closed. The hotel is very self-contained, having almost everything you might need for your stay. If I were to return, it would be during the warmer months to take advantage of water sports, which is what this hotel was designed for.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Activities
You are not allowed to swim in the ocean or outdoor pools unless you pay for a guided snorkeling tour in the surrounding ocean. Since this was our only choice, we did this and were guided for one hour in the ocean next to the hotel. It’s unfortunate that the surrounding ocean has been totally monetized and that guests cannot snorkel freely on their own, as our hour-long snorkeling tour costs 10,000 yen per person. The gym is located next to the pool locker room and is well-equipped, but I could imagine it getting crowded during the busy summer months. We used the hotel bicycles freely for up to three hours and explored the nearby coastal areas.
For the beach access/snorkel tour. Did that one time fee include access all days there? We reserved this hotel for beach access and it would suck to have to pay 100000 yen each day. Thanks.

Last edited by Zorak; Feb 21, 2024 at 9:39 am Reason: please remove images and trim extraneous text when quoting
Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
For the beach access/snorkel tour. Did that one time fee include access all days there? We reserved this hotel for beach access and it would suck to have to pay 100000 yen each day. Thanks.
It was a snorkel tour only and had nothing to do with "beach access" (the beaches were closed to swimmers during our stay). As far as I know, beach access is free when the beaches are open, which I think is from March to the end of October. The snorkel tour was 10,000 yen for one hour on one day only. You would have to pay 10,000 yen again to do it a second day. Again, it has nothing to do with beach access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.