Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 59Impala
link to review on FT, since the official link does not seem to work.
Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Construction pictures from Facebook

The GM will be the former GM of HR Hakone - Ms. Hiroko Noguchi.
As of this April, she has been replaced by Mr. Shigeki Murao. He formerly ran the Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort, and was once the Vice General Manager of the Hyatt Regency Osaka.

No idea what Ms. Noguchi is doing these days, though she's missed at the Hakone property.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel is moving from Cat 4 to Cat 5 next month, so will no longer the best place in Japan to use a Cat 1-4 cert.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 5:34 pm

Not going to be a full review, but I guess I'd update this thread with more recent info.

Booked on points and pulled up to the front where they went off a guest list and was given complimentary valet (Globalist).

Hotel registration had the normal check-in stands but was asked to sit down on one of the couches. Front desk staff came by a few moments later and told me that breakfast was in the main restaurant, but that on Sunday (unless I heard wrong) I could have Japanese breakfast in the Japanese restaurant on the second floor. Immediately after I completed check in, the rooms manager introduced himself and presented his business card.

Was given an automatic upgrade to the largest standard room since all the suites were sold out: a corner room on the farthest end opposite the lobby but closer to the pools. Super quiet (this was the backside of the property) with direct ocean views and even the tub had a tub to ceiling window overlooking the ocean. Room was 550 sq. ft. and technically had two twin beds but because I booked a king, it was pushed together for a very large single bed.

Breakfast is no longer in the club (they don't even open until after breakfast) and is in the main restaurant. Multiple chef stations - omelette, french toast, meat carving, etc. - on top of the usual buffet foods with half Japanese and half Western options. Paper cups are also provided if you wanted to take some coffee to go.

Real standout was the Japanese breakfast which had 270° ocean views and is a single set plate. Hope I heard wrong and this is offered on other days besides Sunday, but I was half awake when I was checking in. Salmon was salt-grilled over some binchotan and served with some sashimi and some pickles.

Shoutout to the FDA who I forgot to ask for her name, but rushed over to me as I walking past the lobby at 10 PM. Apparently, when I checked in she forgot to ask me what time I wanted to check out and not only remembered my name but proactively offered 4 PM checkout despite being a resort property.

Pool is open until sunset, but the indoor pool is open until 9 PM which is basically a daycare with a ton of kids. At least the fitness center is now 24 hours and is decently equipped.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:31 pm

Cool, hoping to make it here soonish since it's so nearby. But most of our travel is booked for the next year so we will see.

Thanks for the review. (I still can't like posts in certain threads) Would it be easy to get a cab from Naha to this hotel?
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:25 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Cool, hoping to make it here soonish since it's so nearby. But most of our travel is booked for the next year so we will see.

Thanks for the review. (I still can't like posts in certain threads) Would it be easy to get a cab from Naha to this hotel?
yeah, when there is a review in the thread, you cannot like posts.
what irritates more is that there is only some reference to the review, which in fact is my review. I have mentioned to the moderators, but somehow it cannot be fixed...

here the link to my review on FT (I'll put it in the wiki as well): Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
yeah, when there is a review in the thread, you cannot like posts.
what irritates more is that there is only some reference to the review, which in fact is my review. I have mentioned to the moderators, but somehow it cannot be fixed...

here the link to my review on FT (I'll put it in the wiki as well): Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island - Hotel Reviews (flyertalk.com)
Ah I understand. And thanks also for your review, it is helpful.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 5:12 am

Any recent stays? Are the ocean view corner suites worth the splurge? I've got them booked next month for about 300USD + 9k points / night. Cash rate is over 900 USD.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any recent stays? Are the ocean view corner suites worth the splurge? I've got them booked next month for about 300USD + 9k points / night. Cash rate is over 900 USD.
I would go for it considering you can pretty much see the ocean from every room in the suite.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I would go for it considering you can pretty much see the ocean from every room in the suite.
Sounds great. I'm excited, thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:38 pm

Had a great stay in the ocean view corner suites mentioned above. Booked using a great Premium suite points upgrade rate (~300USD + 9k points). Two even more premium suites were available at check in but we were not further upgraded.

Staff were excellent everywhere. Suite was fantastic in basically every way and I actually preferred the lagoon view (facing south from the property) to the ocean view. All outdoor pools were closed in November, the indoor pool was adequate and facilities include a steam room and hot tub. Gym is small and only offers basic equipment. My wife says the bicycles had a sign stating they are available for free but the website lists them for rent. Not sure which is accurate...we did not ask or partake.

Lounge was nice but not very impressive for Asia. Offerings were slim but decent quality, alcohol pretty good and self-serve during cocktail hour. Breakfast in the restaurant is available for an upcharge of about 1500 JPY and it was worth it in our opinion. Restaurant breakfast was significantly more substantial. Still only marginally above average among our experiences in Asia.

The hotel offers a 3000 JPY incentive for choosing their light housekeeping option. I don't remember the exact details, but something along the lines of no housekeeping on Day 2, light housekeeping on Day 3, etc. They will replace towels and toiletries on request and independent of this "light" option.

I recall that parking was available for a low fee, but we used the limousine bus which was around 1800 JPY each way and relatively comfortable.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Has anyone stayed here and the Terrace Club at Busena? I’m leaning towards Busena to avoid tons of kids. Seragaki is 20k/night and Busena is 30k. I have no status with Hyatt.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Has anyone stayed here and the Terrace Club at Busena? I’m leaning towards Busena to avoid tons of kids. Seragaki is 20k/night and Busena is 30k. I have no status with Hyatt.
I've never stayed at Seragaki, but Busena is amazing. I would choose Busena without hesitation.
Psyduck1 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Stayed at HR Seragaki last year. I didn’t really see kids, but maybe because it was just before the GW holiday time? My room was really quiet, too. Though I would choose the Terrace Club if I don’t have Hyatt status since all guests can access to the club/lounge. Seems like they are offering free shuttle service between the airport and Busena hotels before 3/31/24.
Psyduck1 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thanks, I’ll go with Busena
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:28 pm

Had a great stay in the ocean view corner suites mentioned above.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I've never stayed at Seragaki, but Busena is amazing. I would choose Busena without hesitation.
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Stayed at HR Seragaki last year. I didn’t really see kids, but maybe because it was just before the GW holiday time? My room was really quiet, too. Though I would choose the Terrace Club if I don’t have Hyatt status since all guests can access to the club/lounge. Seems like they are offering free shuttle service between the airport and Busena hotels before 3/31/24.
Does the recommendation change for a globalist deciding between HR Naha w/ SUA vs HR Seragaki w/ SUA vs Terrace Club at Busena? How would you compare the properties from that perspective?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.