Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:44 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

The Centric in Santiago de Chile is expected to open in February 2018

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/080717-Hya...Chile-and-Peru

After the Grand Hyatt Santiago has left the Hyatt chain (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-2017-a-3.html), this could be an alternative in lieu of the Hyatt Place as well...

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 7, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Enrique Foster 30 is the address.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:22 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
For those who take public transportation, a more convenient location compared to the former GH-- around the block from the Ritz Carlton and adjacent to a subway stop.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:06 pm

Category for the Chile one?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joetro
Category for the Chile one?
tbd.

The HP was a 1, but moved up to a 2 in the last set of changes. The GH was a 2, but was moved up to a 3 before it de-flagged.

The Centric should be a 3, but we'll have to wait and see. As a new hotel it could be a 2 until it builds up a market...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Centric means no lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Centric means no lounge.
If only Regency for sure meant lounge, then we'd be on to something useful.

I am a bit curious at all of the new build Centrics in South America. Hyatt must be offering a good deal on franchisee fees.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:26 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If only Regency for sure meant lounge, then we'd be on to something useful.

I am a bit curious at all of the new build Centrics in South America. Hyatt must be offering a good deal on franchisee fees.
probably - yes. I'm not keen on the Centric's at all, frankly quite disappointed. Only nice one so far was Chicago. I'd prefer to see more HR's and GH's.
some info on the franchise:
https://ehotelier.com/properties/201...talbot-hotels/
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I think it's a Category 4? Can't tell. It says 0 points + $100 USD.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:37 pm

Taking bookings from June 15 onward. (Website says May 1, but this is wrong.)
Old May 9, 2018, 8:23 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stvr
Taking bookings from June 15 onward. (Website says May 1, but this is wrong.)
Opened on Monday, 7 May as per the Hyatt official press release, although not bookable on hyatt.com yet (16 May stated on website)

Category 4 hotel

Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases

Hyatt today announced the opening of the 166-room Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago, and the opening of the 254-room Hyatt Centric San Isidro Lima on May 7, 2018, marking the Hyatt Centric brand’s entry into these two South American countries. Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago is the second Hyatt hotel in Chile, joining Hyatt Place Santiago/Vitacura, and Hyatt Centric San Isidro Lima is the first Hyatt hotel to open in Peru.

Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago offers 166 guest rooms featuring a high-style, eclectic design and modern furnishings with local Chilean craftsmanship. Floor-to-ceiling windows invite guests to take in skyline views of the hotel’s unbeatable location right in the center of Santiago’s financial district, locally known as “Sanhattan.” Its signature restaurant, Talbó Brasserie, presents upscale, authentic Chilean cuisine with a French influence, impressing both guests and local community alike. For moments of relaxation, guests are invited to take in panoramic skyline views of the Andes Mountains from the striking rooftop bar and outdoor pool. For meetings and events, Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago offers up to 7,100 square feet of flexible, technology-equipped space and the support of a dedicated meetings and events staff.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 9, 2018 at 8:32 am
Old May 17, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
An alternative will be Hyatt Place Vitacura for only 8000 pts (C2 hotel). I think it's still easily accessible by bus and metro to downtown.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
An alternative will be Hyatt Place Vitacura for only 8000 pts (C2 hotel). I think it's still easily accessible by bus and metro to downtown.
It's been a while since i was last in santiago, but Uber had been trying to gain a foothold as well. I liked the HP. brand new, nice rooms. I always got upgraded to a suite as a diamond. breakfast was a bit of a zoo. Location of the centric is definitely way way more convenient for getting around for drinks and dinner. But if you are trying to conserve points, the HP is a great value at only C2.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:38 am

I beg to differ. Hyatt Place Vitacura specifically flagged that they didn’t have to upgrade a globalist to anything per the terms and conditions (true). I can’t wait for this hotel. Yes you can Uber from Vitacura but you have to sit up front like a bandit.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:16 pm

Just finished a very good 7 day stay here.

Location was excellent. Los Condes is a very pleasant neighborhood and it has a good mix of restaurants nearby (I highly recommend the ShakeShack knockoff Streat Burger). The hotel is less than 100m from the El Golf metro station and it is a quick trip to the center of town.

The staff was also fantastic. The concierge provided us with excellent help with an urgent dental issue and everyone else was consistently pleasant and helpful. This was a group of genuinely kind and helpful folks.

The hard product was good. The hotel is less than one year old so everything is in very good condition and well designed. Initial impressions were damped by the concrete / earthquake-proof construction which makes the hotel feel a bit cold. In addition no one would confuse the room furnishings and design with a Park Hyatt. However everything worked well and the rooms were very pleasant for a week stay. I would happily return.

We stayed on a breakfast included rate (damn I miss Diamond). The breakfast buffet was good although more European than American in layout (three varieties of fruit, ham / cheese. spreads and yogurt, fresh baked bread and (less fresh) pastries. The buffet did badly with sausage (tiny hot-dog like things), bacon (always under cooked) and scrambled eggs (a soupy mess all week). But you could also order eggs from the kitchen and the omelets were good.

Room pricing was better than competing Santiago hotels (including the HP) and parking was reasonable ($15 usd per day). My only disappointment was that they did not upgrade this explorist to a view king. I was tempted to pay for one, but after seeing the views from the roof I am not sure any of the view rooms would be worth the upcharge -- Santiago's haze is pervasive and the section of Andes you would see from the room are kinda blah.

I have stayed at a few Centric's over the past few years and this was the only one that felt like it had a cohesive brand positioning. This was certainly a great stay, I would happily return.

Last edited by BobR; Oct 16, 2018 at 6:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.