Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
IMHO the property is just fine (I didn't stay in a suite, so can't speak to those).
The suites (I think they have only two) are great, with at least one having a large balcony/porch.😊
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 2:26 pm

Anyone traveled to Santiago during N.A summer months like July? Curious if it was too cold or rainy to sightsee around the city or do any wine tasting?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by madderlake
Anyone traveled to Santiago during N.A summer months like July? Curious if it was too cold or rainy to sightsee around the city or do any wine tasting?
I would like to know too.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do I take public transportation from the airport to this hotel?

If I take private transportation, I think I read that I can hire them with a credit card at the airport? I don't have checked luggage so if I could take transit that would be ideal.

As a Globalist, I'm assuming I am entitled to breakfast and possibly a room upgrade? No lounge right?

Is the nearby Streat Burger any good?

Would you guys redeem 8000 points or pay $144?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
How do I take public transportation from the airport to this hotel?

If I take private transportation, I think I read that I can hire them with a credit card at the airport? I don't have checked luggage so if I could take transit that would be ideal.

As a Globalist, I'm assuming I am entitled to breakfast and possibly a room upgrade? No lounge right?

Is the nearby Streat Burger any good?

Would you guys redeem 8000 points or pay $144?
If you contact the hotel. they can arrange for good quality transportation for <$40 USD. Better than fighting the scrum at the airport,
Breakfast is good in the restaurant or the room and its included for Globalists. The suites are great, if you can get them; there are only a few so a TSU is the way t go.
Both the points and cash rates are good deals.
No clue about Streat Burger.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
If you contact the hotel. they can arrange for good quality transportation for <$40 USD. Better than fighting the scrum at the airport,
Breakfast is good in the restaurant or the room and its included for Globalists. The suites are great, if you can get them; there are only a few so a TSU is the way t go.
Both the points and cash rates are good deals.
No clue about Streat Burger.
Is it this bad at this time of the year? Is transit not possible?

Can you comment on the breakfast itself? Do you remember what was served?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
I don't think any easy public transit option exists from SCL, other than taking a bus to the Metro. That said, you can take Uber or DiDi. Used both recently in Santiago and no issues with either. Uber should be around US$20 from the airport
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is it this bad at this time of the year? Is transit not possible?

Can you comment on the breakfast itself? Do you remember what was served?
There is always a scum of taxi drivers just outside customs.
Breakfast is off the menu with a variety of options. All my meals there have been great.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I'm at the Hyatt Centric Las Condes now. Excellent property. I was upgraded to the Junior Suite using a certificate. The room isn't huge, but is very stylish with a wonderful balcony with an amazing view.

The staff has been super friendly and helpful, including the GM who has checked in on us every time we walk through the lobby.

Breakfast was very good, and dinner at the on-site french restaurant was excellent.

Location was great for walking around the beautiful area.

Highly recommended if you are visiting Santiago.
lsquare and katstarr like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Thanks for the review, some dude - I知 staying here in January and was looking forward to some feedback. Glad the property comes recommended. Never been to Santiago before, so keen to check out Las Condes and any neat city sights without the risk of any dodginess I知 reading about online. Hopefully you didn稚 experience any!

khabah
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
Thanks for the review, some dude - I知 staying here in January and was looking forward to some feedback. Glad the property comes recommended. Never been to Santiago before, so keen to check out Las Condes and any neat city sights without the risk of any dodginess I知 reading about online. Hopefully you didn稚 experience any!

khabah
I was in Santiago earlier this year and found it quite safe-feeling - I was also warned before going. As always, keep your wits about you!
lsquare and khabah like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah

khabah
I値l post more details later, but I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. You値l have a good time as a Globalist.

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I was in Santiago earlier this year and found it quite safe-feeling - I was also warned before going. As always, keep your wits about you!
I was a bit worried about the petty crime from my reading, but I found Santiago to be no worse than any major US city. I wasn't robbed/mugged. I made it out alive! What frustrated me more was the long line to PDI and shortening of my time at the lounge!
khabah likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:20 pm

I actually booked this ( yet to stay) over the Mandarin Oriental . Oh and the Mandarin Oriental was less expensive!!!
Trip Advisor gave this a 100% for walkability and the Mandarin Oriental got mixed reviews and we are going in their winter so the pool/resort is of zero appeal.
From Hyatt Centric , can walk 2 minutes to Metro ( not at all about $$ - I know Ubers are super cheap-- and of course we'l take those also ) . But want an immersive experience. It seems at Hyatt Centric , you walk out the front door in the middle of an upscale neighborhood .
Is 3 nights , including day of arrival at 6:30 am enough time in Santiago?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:11 pm

For me, yes.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
May need to overnight in SCL to avoid lengthy layovers. One way I値l spend a few nights. The other way will be a quick overnight.

how convenient to the airport (in a weekday) is the Hyatt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.