FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Las Condes Santiago REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:16 pm
BobR

Just finished a very good 7 day stay here.

Location was excellent. Los Condes is a very pleasant neighborhood and it has a good mix of restaurants nearby (I highly recommend the ShakeShack knockoff Streat Burger). The hotel is less than 100m from the El Golf metro station and it is a quick trip to the center of town.

The staff was also fantastic. The concierge provided us with excellent help with an urgent dental issue and everyone else was consistently pleasant and helpful. This was a group of genuinely kind and helpful folks.

The hard product was good. The hotel is less than one year old so everything is in very good condition and well designed. Initial impressions were damped by the concrete / earthquake-proof construction which makes the hotel feel a bit cold. In addition no one would confuse the room furnishings and design with a Park Hyatt. However everything worked well and the rooms were very pleasant for a week stay. I would happily return.

We stayed on a breakfast included rate (damn I miss Diamond). The breakfast buffet was good although more European than American in layout (three varieties of fruit, ham / cheese. spreads and yogurt, fresh baked bread and (less fresh) pastries. The buffet did badly with sausage (tiny hot-dog like things), bacon (always under cooked) and scrambled eggs (a soupy mess all week). But you could also order eggs from the kitchen and the omelets were good.

Room pricing was better than competing Santiago hotels (including the HP) and parking was reasonable ($15 usd per day). My only disappointment was that they did not upgrade this explorist to a view king. I was tempted to pay for one, but after seeing the views from the roof I am not sure any of the view rooms would be worth the upcharge -- Santiago's haze is pervasive and the section of Andes you would see from the room are kinda blah.

I have stayed at a few Centric's over the past few years and this was the only one that felt like it had a cohesive brand positioning. This was certainly a great stay, I would happily return.

Last edited by BobR; Oct 16, 2018 at 6:50 am