Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, United 1k, Le Club Silver
Trying to decide whether to complete the challenge.
After 10 nights of the Explorist Trial, we still won't get any lounge certificates right?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pollyG
Trying to decide whether to complete the challenge.
After 10 nights of the Explorist Trial, we still won't get any lounge certificates right?
No lounge Certs. It’s the same as if you got Explorist via MGM.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:18 am

I did receive lounge certificates (4 if I remember correctly), when I completed 10 nights under the challenge in July this year.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
No lounge certs, I got mine when I hit 20 days as usual but not 10 days for Explorist upgrade.

Quick note if you do the Globalist challenge without any prior stays, Lounge Certs are pretty useless since they expire when Globalist status expires unless I'm missing something?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have enrolled for this trial, do nights at MGM resorts hotels in Las Vegas count as part of the trial offer?
navatwal did you ever figure out the answer to this question?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
navatwal did you ever figure out the answer to this question?
The answer is Yes as long as they are booked as an eligible rate.

Meaning a stay at MGM is:

(1) Booked through Hyatt using Cash (Credit or Debit)

(2) Booked through Hyatt using Points

(3) Booked through Hyatt Using Cash and Point

(4) Booked using a Free Night Certificate

All the above count, anything else including Comp Night from MGM do not count.

IMO it’d be much better to just book a stay at a Hyatt in Las Vegas as they tend to be cheaper than MGM if you’re going the route of trying to earn nights to complete the Globalist Trial.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:21 pm

If I am already a Globalist, can I sign up for the corporate status challenge and stay 20 nights to keep the Globalist status until 2021.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by gigadigit
If I am already a Globalist, can I sign up for the corporate status challenge and stay 20 nights to keep the Globalist status until 2021.
Yes
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:35 am
Suspended

Haven't seen this one answered yet, but do point stays count toward the 20 nights or only paid stays?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by arjaok
Haven't seen this one answered yet, but do point stays count toward the 20 nights or only paid stays?
Point stays count
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:57 pm

I saw that this is being offered again this year. We're planning to have some remodeling done at home, and it would be convenient for us to combine moving out for 3 weeks with staying at a cheap local Hyatt to hit the 20 days (my wife's company is an eligible employer). The hotel we have our eye on offers a cheap extended stay rate. Does anyone know for sure whether an extended stay rate is a qualifying rate for purposes of the nights counting. It would be brutal to pay for 20 nights in one shot expecting it to get us Globalist, only to find out the rate didn't qualify.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:12 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I saw that this is being offered again this year. We're planning to have some remodeling done at home, and it would be convenient for us to combine moving out for 3 weeks with staying at a cheap local Hyatt to hit the 20 days (my wife's company is an eligible employer). The hotel we have our eye on offers a cheap extended stay rate. Does anyone know for sure whether an extended stay rate is a qualifying rate for purposes of the nights counting. It would be brutal to pay for 20 nights in one shot expecting it to get us Globalist, only to find out the rate didn't qualify.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Your reservation confirmation email should say something like "Rate is eligible to earn points and tier credit." if the rate qualifies.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Elite Tier Offer (Fast track to Explorist in 10 nights & Globalist in 20 nights)

Anyone seen or know about this fast track offer ?
Fast track to Explorist in 10 nights & Globalist in 20 nights

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

Seems like you need a corporate email to register, and the email domain should be a company that Hyatt has specifically sent the offer to.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Anyone seen or know about this fast track offer ?
Fast track to Explorist in 10 nights & Globalist in 20 nights

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ier-offer.html

Seems like you need a corporate email to register, and the email domain should be a company that Hyatt has specifically sent the offer to.
Been around forever.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
What corporate businesses qualify? Perhaps time for my wife to register...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.