Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Teabags. Teabags!?!

Oh my goodness.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
I've been booking some rooms on C+P. I've noticed that the hotels are pretty darned full.

The other morning, I picked up my paper outside my room at HR LAX. It was 6AM and I was on the 11th floor, where I'd expect quite a few Globs. I looked at the entire floor and I didn't a single other newspaper. Mind you, the hotel was sold out that night. Sold out; I confirmed this online after checkin the night before.

From what I'm seeing, Hyatt's doing fine right now. Their hotels are looking full even with the new loyalty program. I don't expect any material program changes.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by itsallgood
I've been booking some rooms on C+P. I've noticed that the hotels are pretty darned full.
I imagine this will vary greatly by date, hotel and location.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thegrailer
My recent response after a providing good post-stay hotel review, but with scathing WoH commentary, was similar to Beachfan's. Also added that all would be well if Hyatt pulled a New Coke and took a mulligan back to pre-WoH.

Cheers
Funny you should say that. I did the exact same thing.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I too received an email/call after putting on my survey the ZERO benefits I received at a HP: worst room in the house, no mention of water, not even thanks for coming. I strongly suggested WoH needs to add tangible benefits for GLOBs to HP/HH stays, and to ensure properties implement them consistently.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:54 pm

I have three main issues.

1. Get rid of the stupid name. Absolutely cringe when the hotels welcome me as a Globalist. I'm sure they find it as equally lame & stupid as I do. I'll never use the term and still use Diamond, though CSRs always correct me.

2. If best room or suite upgrade is a benefit, then please ensure the properties comply. I find it cheap & cheesy to have to prod and negotiate a stated benefit. I'm not in flea a market here, but checking into my hotel.

3. In the US, enough with the honor bar. Take a script from int'l Hyatts and make the adult drinks complimentary.

That's about it. But, if I can have one thing? Don't place your guests in a position to have to haggle for a benefit when checking it. It's cheap, crass and leaves a bad taste during the entire stay.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Can someone please PM me the contact info for this engagement team? I have a very troublesome issue with my account and no one I've talked to Hyatt seems to have a solution.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Katlor
For some reason Hyatt isn't even sending me the surveys after my recent stays, it's like they know they are going to get an earful.

If I do get one my first complaint is going to be that with the WOH rollout I watched Hyatt staff go from being efficient and accommodating (under Gold Passport) to being extremely talky (in some hotels since WOH there's been lots of chatty attempts to "connect" from desk staff) but without firepower to accommodate the guest with even the tiniest tokens of appreciation. For example at the HP Flushing the staff member was very welcoming but could only offer some teabags as an amenity, and teabags are already included in the room. At Hyatt Mexico City the manager talked my ear off for 15 minutes but there was zero in the way of actual Globalist upgrade. Then in other Hyatts I've had downright surly staff who have refused amenities that are actually included in Globalist status (such as resort fee waiving on award stays). So I've basically had staff tell me rudely that I can't have things that are part of the Globalist package. I've started to wonder if Hyatt instructed staff to be extra rude/withholding to Globalists in an attempt to discourage them from using the hotels, as a cost-saving measure?

Needless to say I've happily moved many stays to SPG.
Note that Globs shouldn't be paying resort fees on regular paid stays either, not just on award stays. It's parking that's only waived on award stays.

Please report this. It sounds like the hotel is incorrectly or fraudulently grabbing lots of money by charging resort fees to all Glob guests.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by JetAway
I imagine this will vary greatly by date, hotel and location.
Sure. Where have you found hotels to be somewhat empty? Perhaps it would be a good place to vacation. I know that Egyptian hotels have occupancy issues, but other than that, I'm at a loss to think of elsewhere in the world, although I'm sure that there are other locations.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I received an e-mail from Member Engagement staff inviting further feedback after making positive survey comments about benefits on a recent award stay. I was specifically invited to comment on three subjects: (1) replacement of the welcome amenity with other benefits, (2) new qualification standards, and (3) WoH branding and marketing.

Wish they had done this before making changes.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by itsallgood

The other morning, I picked up my paper outside my room at HR LAX. It was 6AM and I was on the 11th floor, where I'd expect quite a few Globs. I looked at the entire floor and I didn't a single other newspaper. Mind you, the hotel was sold out that night. Sold out; I confirmed this online after checkin the night before.

From what I'm seeing, Hyatt's doing fine right now. Their hotels are looking full even with the new loyalty program. I don't expect any material program changes.
I hardly ever receive a paper in the morning. Is this something that is in our member profile/preferences?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I received an e-mail from Member Engagement staff inviting further feedback after making positive survey comments about benefits on a recent award stay. I was specifically invited to comment on three subjects: (1) replacement of the welcome amenity with other benefits, (2) new qualification standards, and (3) WoH branding and marketing.

Wish they had done this before making changes.
Hence my "ready, fire, aim comment." This type of research should have been done more thoroughly prior to launching the program.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Here's an email I received; thoughtful replies will be combined into mine to them:

"Good Afternoon Mr. <<kerrigjl>>,

Thank you for getting back to us, I will be available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between the hours of 1:00pm-9:00pm (Central Time Zone) so if there is a convenient time, I would be more than happy to contact you via phone. If it is more convenient, you may also certainly respond to this email and I will make sure that it is copied and forward to our World of Hyatt management!

Your response doesn’t have to be too official or in any particular format, we’re just curious how our Globalists feel about the following aspects of World of Hyatt:

-Your preferences pertaining to the removed welcome amenity bonus weighed against the instatement of the category 1-7 free night awards, the ability to use suite upgrades on free nights, along with complimentary resort fees and parking at participating locations.

-Along with the new Nights/ Base points requirement of your status.

-The names, feel, esthetic of the new program

-Any additional thoughts or experiences you’ve had thus far.

Any response will be copied to our management for review so we very much appreciate your participation!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Best Regards,
<<representative>>"
Old May 1, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by econ
I hardly ever receive a paper in the morning. Is this something that is in our member profile/preferences?
I thought it was there (perhaps it used to be - or it could be another hotel chain that I have status with), but I searched and can't find any newspaper preferences. I've been asked at the front desk on several checkins.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just got a call from Hyatt regarding WoH.

They claimed this was for management as they are to review the program next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.