Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free bottle of water.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Is this really worth the hassle?? If I stay somewhere and there is no lounge where I can get a few bottles at once, I just buy a six pack or two of water (depending on length of stay) from the nearest grocery/ drugstore / gas station etc. It will cost me $3-$6. The time I save trekking down to front desk to beg for water daily is worth more than $3!!
Stop putting reasoning into it.

Insert voice of "but we deserve it..." from the unwashed masses.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Stop putting reasoning into it.

Insert voice of "but we deserve it..." from the unwashed masses.
It's more accurate to say we paid for it, not we deserve it.

How much time we spend to get the things we paid for is a personal decision. Some people care about a dollar and some people don't care about a hundred of them.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by mauld
Last week checked into the Andaz Savannah, was told my mini fridge was stocked with free non alcoholic beverages and snacks. What they didn't mention was that the 2 water bottles were opened and half full, and the candy bar was bitten into and left on the shelf. When I called down to complain, I was told 'sorry' they'll refill, upon check out the next day, still no new water.
That's surprising to me, I usually have excellent service at the Andaz Savannah.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat

people will still whine its confusing. But the new tags.
Same at the Hyatt Union Square, though it's $5 for non-glob/disc/exp. 1L bottle of Evian.

I drink a lot of water. I do often shlep to the grocery/drug store for a couple 6-packs when I can't get it in the hotel. But I also often get to hotels late at night, or have work to do when I arrive, and I hate having to find a place to get water. For me, this is a really convenient benefit, and I do hope to actually get it.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NJNY
Same at the Hyatt Union Square, though it's $5 for non-glob/disc/exp. 1L bottle of Evian.
The tap water in NYC is better than any water that comes in a bottle.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I am 7 nights into a 10 night Globalist award stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. Temps here have been breaking records. I had originally poo-poohed the free water benefit, but not this visit. Daily I have requested and received two cold waters at the front desk, where they keep a small fridge. I was also advised that as a Globalist, I could use the 33 oz. Aquafinas in the room and would not be charged. I've confirmed this after checking my bill thus far.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I can't believe that anybody would really go through such a hassle. And if you can afford a night in a hotel, my gosh.. is it that bad if you need to buy a bottle of water.
Be thankful that you can afford a hotel room. so many people do not have a place to stay nor a bottle of water....
So maybe ask Hyatt to provide bottles of water to people outside the World of Hyatt. Those people who don't have one and can't afford or get one. Hand the WoH elites a little certificate at checkin that a bottle has been provided in their name.

I am grateful that I can afford a decent hotel and either get water "free" or buy it. I try to use some of my wealth to try to make the life of others better. That isn't the topic of his thread or forum, though.

The purpose of this form is to discuss the Hyatt program and properties. Part of this program includes the new "free water" benefit. There is, in my opinion, nothing cynical about discussing this benefit and the ridiculous and inefficient way it has apparently been implemented. There are, however, other threads if this one isn't to your liking. Be warned - they mostly are about travel experiences that many on this planet cannot afford, though.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Be warned - they mostly are about travel experiences that many on this planet cannot afford, though.
technically - most of the world cant even read your post as they have 0 access to internet. (If you really want to put things into perspective.)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
technically - most of the world cant even read your post as they have 0 access to internet. (If you really want to put things into perspective.)
That's not still the case. For example: http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

This time last year, the percentage was 46% of the world's population online. With a 3% yearly growth, that's now about 49%. The world's population includes people who can't read or get online because they are infants or demented. Or they can't read these posts because they can't read.

That's not even counting people who aren't online because they don't choose to be online.

At the end of the day, half the world's population being connected to each other is amazing and epochal.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Dumb and annoying twist. HH San Jose Silicon Valley used to provide a small bag with some snacks and a bottle of water to Diamonds at checkin. Bags are now gone (were still present right before WoH started) and replaced with a water card which they are actually dating with initials each day you come to get your bottle of water
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
The tap water in NYC is better than any water that comes in a bottle.
Except for the copepods
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2010/09/...le-shrimp.html
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Dumb and annoying twist. HH San Jose Silicon Valley used to provide a small bag with some snacks and a bottle of water to Diamonds at checkin. Bags are now gone (were still present right before WoH started) and replaced with a water card which they are actually dating with initials each day you come to get your bottle of water
that hotel sucks so bad. I do miss the nuts and chocolate they would leave though. For 250+ they should do more for guests. At least they're not
doing the stupid pump shampoo and conditioner anymore like a motel 6.

Probsbly the the second worst hyatt in South Bay with Fremont being the worst.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
HP LAS. Asked for and staff gladly provided bottled water at front desk.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by NJNY

I drink a lot of water. I do often shlep to the grocery/drug store for a couple 6-packs when I can't get it in the hotel. But I also often get to hotels late at night, or have work to do when I arrive, and I hate having to find a place to get water. For me, this is a really convenient benefit, and I do hope to actually get it.
Have seen that tag at a few Hyatt properties now -- some of them actually used to have 1L bottles in the room pre-WoH, but have since changed to 500ml bottles.

Since I don't do housekeeping every day, I actually just get extra bottled water with breakfast since it gets rolled into the Globalist breakfast benefit anyway.

Agreed on the convenience though -- I'm in a location now which doesn't seem to have any 24-hour supermarkets, so it definitely helps when I arrive late-night or after a red-eye.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:08 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
HP Fort Myers - at checkin was offered to pick any 2 soft drinks from the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.