Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Re-qualification? Am I scr*wed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Re-qualification? Am I scr*wed?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It's not really worth arguing this with you, but just as example, I recently needed a night in "Podunk" Frankfurt, Germany, before an early morning flight. Guess who doesn't have a property in Frankfurt.

If Hyatt works for you with the new requirements, fine, congratulations.

By the way, if you consider the lower-end Marriott properties junk, I assume you apply the same label to Hyatt Place properties. What percentage of Hyatts remains available to you then? And do you realize that their focus for new properties is "junk" properties?
Please read my entire reply prior to commenting. " Albeit, I will agree its certainly larger across the international space with higher quantity of quality properties."

Yes - I consider a vast majority of HP and HH properties to be junk; however, some of the new special built ones in cities like Austin (DT), SouthBay, Emoryville, etc to be nce.

The ones I listed from Marriott are more inline with the junk summerfield suites properties that were converted to HP - those are trash. I've yet to be in a marriott "house" style property that compared to the new HP and HH properties.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
This kind of thing happened to me with Continental one year. 12/31 flight cancelled, rebooked for 1/1. Just write them a sweet letter and ask them to give you an exception to their rule. Don't mention mattress run, but state how much you love your status.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by austin_modern
While its lovely that they have junk low tier hotels dotted all over BFE - I dont particularly think that having several "courtyard," "SpringHill," "TownePlace" and "fairfield" properties in those podunk cities all that great of a thing.

Like does anyone really care there are 3 marriotts in Las Cruces to choose from? I certainly dont.

The reality is their footprint is quite a bit lower for many folks staying at hyatt. Albeit, I will agree its certainly larger across the international space with higher quantity of quality properties.
I do, however, care that when I go visit my family back home, I can't find a Hyatt to stay at for stay credit. There are a couple of Marriotts I believe. Or the night when I got stranded in a city b/c my original flight was cancelled and by the time I got to the airport, the car rental place was closed. I couldn't even take advantage of getting an extra stay credit for the money I was forced to spend. Yet there was a Marriott there. Or how about where I travel for work. I did 15 nights last year of travel. Location had no Hyatts. Only Marriott and Hilton. I would have LOVED to have gotten stay credit and nights on the company's dime. Lastly, with an upcoming wedding, I would have loved to have setup Hyatt as our room block hotel! While there are 4 in my metro area, they are all in the neighboring city and I wasn't going to ask my guests to drive 45 mins between hotel and venue. Guess what is close to my wedding area, more than one Marriott and a few Hiltons. And this is NOT a Podunk area. It's a huge city but Hyatt hasn't decided to open any locations over here.

Therefore, yes it is quite important that the footprint of Hyatt is small and yes it will make it quite harder for the avg traveler, especially those footing their own bill, to get 50 nights even if it is in a "Podunk" area.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I'm in the same boat as others in this thread and have called three times, and am now in an ongoing conversation with Customer Support via e-mail. Glad to hear that others have had success, and hoping Hyatt does the right thing considering my loyalty last year. I have stayed 0 nights in 2017, so it doesn't make sense that I should have any elite credit yet this year. Crossing my fingers. If anyone has tips on a specific contact within Hyatt GP I can reach out to, would love to hear them!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Starwoord, United Airlines
Red face

Just wanted to let you know we did get Diamond Status for my friend as I assume they did research and saw that we both did travel together and he has been Diamond for 5 years! It was a struggle Thank you Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.