Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:08 am

Benefits for Discoverist at Park Hyatt Kyoto

Do discoverists get anything special here? Breakfast? I'm guessing an upgrade of any kind is almost impossible, but I'm curious if it's worth it to splurge here. Right now, for my dates, the Regency is sold out, so it's here or the Hyatt Place... I can spend the money and/or points, and love the PH experience elsewhere, but want to hear what others think.

Also, what's the Park Hyatt Kyoto like with children?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ABEPITPHLDCA
Do discoverists get anything special here? Breakfast? I'm guessing an upgrade of any kind is almost impossible, but I'm curious if it's worth it to splurge here. Right now, for my dates, the Regency is sold out, so it's here or the Hyatt Place... I can spend the money and/or points, and love the PH experience elsewhere, but want to hear what others think.

No breakfast included for Discoverists.

I've taken my kids to quite a few Park Hyatt's, always a great experience. I wouldn't expect children running around the lobby and bar. They sent up some kids snacks and little toys when we stayed here when they just opened.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ABEPITPHLDCA
no breakfast for discoverist and upgrade not likely depending on when you are going.

My 3yo enjoyed her stay here in Nov (and we’re coming back in Apr) and like everywhere in Japan, PHK was accommodating. They didnt go out of their way to make her feel like a VIP (that award goes to Conrad Osaka followed by WA Amsterdam) but she still enjoyed it.

Last edited by travelbugging; Mar 4, 2023 at 8:38 pm
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:33 pm

Booked a stay here in 2020 that was cancelled for travel restrictions and have been trying to get back for 4 years to test it out. During original booking, emailed concierge to ask to have them request entrance to Saihoji for me, and they did it gladly and easily by sending a postcard on my behalf and even sent me the confirmation of my entry being approved before I was forced to cancel the trip. Requested the same thing this week for my upcoming 3 day stay and they want me to send a credit card authorization form with photocopies of CC front and back over email to do the same thing. Costs them nothing since Saihoji is paid at the entrance in cash so all they do is send a postcard for you. Big hassle for a minor request they handled the way, well a hotel charging 1000-2000 USD a NIGHT should handle back in 2020. No impressed at all to start. Emailed them back and told them politely that for the added steps before they would handle it for me, I would just as well go to the store and mail a postcard myself or use the online system (which I prefer to avoid since it is only usable 2 weeks prior to entry instead of postcard which allows greater advance request).
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by travelbugging
no breakfast for discoverist and upgrade not likely depending on when you are going.

My 3yo enjoyed her stay here in Nov (and we’re coming back in Apr) and like everywhere in Japan, PHK was accommodating. They didnt go out of their way to make her feel like a VIP (that award goes to Conrad Osaka followed by WA Amsterdam) but she still enjoyed it.
For the award booking, usually it shows unavailable if I add kids ( 2, one will be 4 and the other will be 3 at the time of check in) during the search. I am thinking to just book the room and reach out to the hotel to let them know there will actually 2 adults and 2 kids. From your experience, would it be ok. Reading some posts saying the Japan hotels are pretty strict on the number of guests in the room.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:06 pm

Mightyzion you should be able to book award with 2adults, 1child because I was able to. Though this was booked last year so it may have changed? I would book with the max allowed and then email them asking if they can accommodate the additional kid. Prob easier to accommodate if your toddlers bedshare though cause the standard room wont fit 2 cribs.

ime all the hotels we’ve stayed at had no problems with our daughter bedsharing but I do make sure to email them in advance and get it in writing.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: World of Hyatt: Globalist, Aeroplan: 25k
Was fortunate to check out this property in Nov 2022. Stayed in room 512. The in-room breakfast spread was impressive. Between my girlfriend and I, there were so many small plates! I am still trying to figure out what kind of coffee they used in the french press, maybe I need to call them and ask. It was so delicious.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Mightyzion you should be able to book award with 2adults, 1child because I was able to. Though this was booked last year so it may have changed? I would book with the max allowed and then email them asking if they can accommodate the additional kid. Prob easier to accommodate if your toddlers bedshare though cause the standard room wont fit 2 cribs.

ime all the hotels we’ve stayed at had no problems with our daughter bedsharing but I do make sure to email them in advance and get it in writing.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mightyzion
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
I contacted the hotel a few months back asking if the rooms could accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (a bit older than yours, but both under 10), and they stated that max occupancy is 3.

If you're able to stay with 2 children, a quick post would be appreciated!
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by husky96821
I contacted the hotel a few months back asking if the rooms could accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (a bit older than yours, but both under 10), and they stated that max occupancy is 3.

If you're able to stay with 2 children, a quick post would be appreciated!
There is likely zero chance that they would allow 2 adults and 2 children in a room with a maximum occupancy of 3. Probably the only way to do it is to book the award room and they enquire about a paid upgrade to a room that will accommodate 4. I believe there is a post saying that someone had success doing this. However, occupancy has really jumped at PH Kyoto and they might not be willing to do it.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:07 pm

I just emailed the hotel about this and will update the post once I heard back from them. It might be as long as the kids can bedshare with adult or there is an age limitation. A DP on the GH Tokyo, I was able to book the stay for 2 adults first and ask them to update the reservation to include the two little ones.

Heard back from them (PH Kyoto) in just 20 minutes, they said their 45 square meter rooms allow up to 2 adults and 2 children( one child up to 12 and 2nd child up to 6). To make the booking, just enter 2 adults and 1 children and specify there are 2 children in the comment field.

Last edited by Mightyzion; Mar 16, 2023 at 10:36 pm Reason: Add clarification
Old Mar 16, 2023, 10:15 pm

I just emailed the hotel about this and will update the post once I heard back from them. It might be as long as the kids can bedshare with adult or there is an age limitation. A DP on the GH Tokyo, I was able to book the stay for 2 adults first and ask them to update the reservation to include the two little ones.

Heard back from them in just 20 minutes, they said their 45 square meter rooms allow up to 2 adults and 2 children( one child up to 12 and 2nd child up to 6). To make the booking, just enter 2 adults and 1 children and specify there are 2 children in the comment field.
The 2 adults and 2 children in the 45 square meters room is for the Park Hyatt Kyoto?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by husky96821
The 2 adults and 2 children in the 45 square meters room is for the Park Hyatt Kyoto?
Yes, it is for the PH Kyoto.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

Heard back from them (PH Kyoto) in just 20 minutes, they said their 45 square meter rooms allow up to 2 adults and 2 children( one child up to 12 and 2nd child up to 6). To make the booking, just enter 2 adults and 1 children and specify there are 2 children in the comment field.
Be sure to keep a copy of that email. I would even suggest having a hard copy ready at check-in. We've stayed here a total of 6 times, 5 over the last 12 months, and for 3 of those stays the check-in staff were completely oblivious of any pre-stay communications. We just got back yesterday from a 5-night stay which was booked on 2 separate reservations; we booked 3 nights first and then added 2-nights on a separate res. I would normally inform a hotel of the consecutive bookings just to be sure, but 2 weeks before the stay I received an email confirming the details for the 5 night stay, and then at check-in the staff thought it was just 3 nights.

On a different note, those 45-m2 rooms would be a really tight fit for someone with 2 kids age 12 and 6. A lot of space is taken up by the large entry hall, the ample closet space, and the large vanity area, resulting in a bedroom area that is not that large, and then there is a large table and a large easy chair in addition to the bed(s) and a bench-like "day bed". I imagine you can get by with your 4-yr old and 3-yr old, but I can't imagine where a 12-yr old and 3-yr old could both sleep.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:26 am

Yes, it is for the PH Kyoto.
What was the email address that you sent your message to?

Last edited by husky96821; Mar 17, 2023 at 10:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.