Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's just awful and rude behavior. That attendant should be fired for doing that to a guest.
I debated staying here in Nov before deciding that was a horrible idea which has proved to be correct based on this thread. Booked here for Nov 2020 now instead. Expecting the service issues to be sorted by then, but...

"they also handed me a bottle of Evian and asked me to put in the mini-bar. "

this anecdote is less a teething issue and more an issue hiring someone who is clearly not qualified to work in a luxury hotel.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
they also handed me a bottle of Evian and asked me to put in the mini-bar. "
That's just mid boggling, especially for a PH. I'd expect even the housekeeping staff at something like the Excalibur in Vegas to know better than this.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Visconti
That's just mid boggling, especially for a PH. I'd expect even the housekeeping staff at something like the Excalibur in Vegas to know better than this.
Hiring quality staff is at a premium in Japan.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
"they also handed me a bottle of Evian and asked me to put in the mini-bar. "

Hyatt needs a new brand that encompasses the hard product of a Park Hyatt and the soft product of a Hyatt Place.
Come to think of it, the staff at Hyatt Place Tokyo Bay was actually quite nice, so I can't imagine the Evian Incident happening there.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
It was definitely poor judgement of her to try to combine delivery of the bath salts, which were nicely placed on a wooden tray, with restocking of a single small bottle of Evian in the minibar. She may have thought that she could come in an place both herself, but I was answering the door with the sole intention of taking delivery of the bath salts and when I did not invite her in I guess she decided she could ask me to put it in the minibar. When she handed it to me I asked her if this is complimentary, assuming it was not, and she said no, it is chargeable. I brushed it off as minor incompetence.

I was a lot more upset with the doorman who told us to have a seat in the lobby and that somebody would be with us shortly and then did not tell any of the front desk staff that we were waiting to check-in.

We have another 2-night reservation in late March and then again next Nov.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Oddly enough, I never received a post stay survey from this property. Has anyone else?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by invalyd
Oddly enough, I never received a post stay survey from this property. Has anyone else?
I did receive the survey yesterday, 2 days after checkout and the same day the stay posted.

Did you stay somewhere else just before PH Kyoto? When we travelled and stayed at multiple properties I would typically only receive a survey from one property, usually the first we stayed at.

I completed the survey with a very brief version of what I posted here, but I doubt that I will receive any type of response. I've also posted a review on TA, where the reviews of PH Kyoto are definitely mixed.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I did receive the survey yesterday, 2 days after checkout and the same day the stay posted.

Did you stay somewhere else just before PH Kyoto? When we travelled and stayed at multiple properties I would typically only receive a survey from one property, usually the first we stayed at.

I completed the survey with a very brief version of what I posted here, but I doubt that I will receive any type of response. I've also posted a review on TA, where the reviews of PH Kyoto are definitely mixed.
Ah, yes that would make sense. I had a stay the night before.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The bath amenities are one area where I think the PH Kyoto falls short vs PH Tokyo and PH Vendome. Just generic made-in-Malaysia Le Labo. I understand they also have a special Japanese brand in the suites. With all the emphasis on Japanese styling, I would think they should have Japan-made signature bath amenities in all the rooms.
PH Sydney uses LeLabo - I think it's a high quality product - obviously not Japanese, but neither is the Aesop that PH Tokyo supplies. On your other point Andaz Tokyo does something similar with a better product (Argan) in the Large rooms and Suites.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by invalyd
I never received one either.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
PH Sydney uses LeLabo - I think it's a high quality product - obviously not Japanese, but neither is the Aesop that PH Tokyo supplies. On your other point Andaz Tokyo does something similar with a better product (Argan) in the Large rooms and Suites.
I think the American Le Labos (eg PH NY) are great but PHs in Asia Pacific use ones made in a generic Malaysian factory. Different feel and scent to them.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:57 am

Well, they have until April to get their stuff sorted out for me.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I think the American Le Labos (eg PH NY) are great but PHs in Asia Pacific use ones made in a generic Malaysian factory. Different feel and scent to them.
I'll probably book RC Kyoto for a few nights before PH Kyoto so I can "bring along" the Asprey products.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'll probably book RC Kyoto for a few nights before PH Kyoto so I can "bring along" the Asprey products.
Too bad you can't bring along the pool too.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:51 am

You've probably forgotten more about toiletries than I'll ever know! At least it's not the supersized dispenser contraption thing, but I'll probably bring some of the stuff from either the PH or HR Tokyo before my stay. Now that we're going to common wash theme, going to start asking housekeeping for extras nightly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.