Search
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
They can always do double-night-credit promos if needed, potentially targeted towards select members.
They can do a lot of things. I seriously doubt a double night credit would be targeted, and if they chose to do such a promo, how many nights/year would be required to make globocrapist? 30. That's even less than current Diamond requirements.

The good thing is now that this is a 'new' loyalty program, I can probably get a 'once in a lifetime' status match if they're offering double night credits. Status match has been Hyatt's traditional method to gain butts in bed - I've never seen them do double night credits.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by canyonleo
But there is no Diamond Lite... the benefits below the top tier suck - that's the issue.
Spot on. And the new program is more of the same. The only Hyatt tier worth achieving is globocrapist - the rest aren't even worth the effort.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The writer of that article seems to be a corporate shill.

If this writer really believes this kind of Hyatt program change is a response to competition from Airbnb, she really needs to put down the corporate Kool-Aid.

I must say that ever since Hyatt did its IPO and even some customers picked up its shares in the secondary market, apologists for the company's moves have become more widespread online and offline.
Exactly my point that I posted earlier everyone can thank Equity Capitol
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Greetings! I just read about changes to Hyatt's program yesterday in this USA Today article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...ates/92902648/

Allow me to be old school politically incorrect for a response. The names are gay (and not in a good way). I can guarantee that there will be backlash from some individuals for these names - I am one of many who find 'globalist' to be an undesirable word. And I doubt that they've been vetted for worldwide consumption - what seems innocuous in US culture almost invariably offends at least one other culture in this world. I give Hyatt 24 months max before they're back to precious gems/metals.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Most of us are agreeable to Hyatt creating uber/full-Diamond at 55 nights....
Are we reading the same thread? It has struck me that most feel 55 nights is asinine considering the small footprint that Hyatt currently has.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:38 pm

Just noticed that the upgrade benefits are at each property's discretion. Are you joking me? This means that higher floors will suddenly become "suites" or all rooms suddenly are booked only when a diamond checks in. No thnaks.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
So did Hyatt hire a bunch of social justice warriors from BuzzFeed to revamp their loyalty program? Calling top tier status "Globalist" and "rewarding empathy"?? Seriously?? Why not also reward members for "virtue-signaling".
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by antonius66
Ok, I want to make sure I am understanding this post correctly.

You state:
1) you have so far have 18 stay and 25 night credits this year
2) FOUR of those stays and FOUR of the nights are Mlife mattress runs
3) TWO of the stays and FIVE of the nights are from credit card spend
4) you plan on getting THREE MORE stays and FIVE MORE nights credit from the credit card by the end of the year, giving you 20/30.
5) you plan on MRing the last 5 stays to make 25, giving you 25/35
Sounds exactly like the kinda diamond that Hyatt is wanting to eject from their top standard tier.

Can't say I would blame them.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:27 pm

Here's an interesting question that I don't think I've yet seen addressed on any of the blogs. How about purchased points? Hyatt limits each member to 55k max but would those be considered base points?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Sounds exactly like the kinda diamond that Hyatt is wanting to eject from their top standard tier.

Can't say I would blame them.
I've followed the T&C set forth by Hyatt. if the minimum wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be the minimum. Hyatt has every right to change the T&C at any time, just as I have the right to walk away from the program at any time.

The chain has far too small a footprint to justify such high minimums.

I will now burn my 4 unused DSUs from this year (plus 4 for next year) and will only give Hyatt properties P+C or award stays until I've exhausted my Hyatt points. As per the T&Cs.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Twinmommy19
Here's an interesting question that I don't think I've yet seen addressed on any of the blogs. How about purchased points? Hyatt limits each member to 55k max but would those be considered base points?
Base points are only earned for hotel expenses at 5:1. Room, food, services only.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Are we reading the same thread? It has struck me that most feel 55 nights is asinine considering the small footprint that Hyatt currently has.
While we all dislike the 55 night requirement, I think we all objectively have to agree that there's nothing so evil or bad about Hyatt creating a high bar for a top tier of a loyalty program in an effort to reward the most loyal customers based on spend/nights.

I mean, when CC was created, the Diamonds didn't mostly say "CC sucks, I'm just as good/loyal". That's because the Diamond set of rewards wasn't greatly diminished (cut) to create CC.

What is upsetting to most, is that instead of creating a new set of rewards for just that top of the top target, HGP is using a mostly lesser Diamond set of rewards, and is saying to a vast number (majority?) of Diamonds, basically, "sorry, you're not getting a poor reward set... step up to new Diamond, accept your poor reward set, or leave."
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
While we all dislike the 55 night requirement,
No. we do not all dislike it.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Base points are only earned for hotel expenses at 5:1. Room, food, services only.
Makes it one of the hardest lifetime (kinda like UA's BIS except for spend) IMO (those who spend only on $1k / night suites and stuff would find it much easier).

What pisses me off more is that they won't announce the lifetime program changes until March 1st. Which (atleast to me) indicates SOMETHING is going to change but they aren't even sure what.

Thats when the last shoe dropped (for me) and I cancelled all (20) of my future Hyatt bookings yesterday. I love my Hyatt Concierge rep so I will give myself a week to cool down before I let her know.

Last edited by edcho; Nov 1, 2016 at 8:46 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
While we all dislike the 55 night requirement, I think we all objectively have to agree that there's nothing so evil or bad about Hyatt creating a high bar for a top tier of a loyalty program in an effort to reward the most loyal customers based on spend/nights.

I mean, when CC was created, the Diamonds didn't mostly say "CC sucks, I'm just as good/loyal". That's because the Diamond set of rewards wasn't greatly diminished (cut) to create CC.

What is upsetting to most, is that instead of creating a new set of rewards for just that top of the top target, HGP is using a mostly lesser Diamond set of rewards, and is saying to a vast number (majority?) of Diamonds, basically, "sorry, you're not getting a poor reward set... step up to new Diamond, accept your poor reward set, or leave."
You're arguing a different metric now. There are few indeed holding Hyatt to task for changing the minimums to reach status, however there are equally few who agree 55/60 nights is rational considering the holes in cities/countries where Hyatt has little to no presence.

That the benefits in each tier (save Glob) are not worthy of chasing is yet another poorly thought out aspect of this rollout. And Glob itself lends incredible leeway to the individual hotels to dole out upgrades at their whim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.