Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Maybe he meant Platinum.
That would make him the first person I've ever heard of that bent over backwards to get Hyatt Platinum.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Markie
Thanks for the follow up questions. I will collate these and do another email to Jeff towards the end of the week.

So far:

1. I will requalify as glob in 2018 (good through feb 2019) and get 4 suite upgrade voucher if only i made 60 nights - if i requalify by 55 nights i will not get that 4 vouchers?

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?
5. Is the Explorist Club Upgrade benefit also capped at 2 adults/2 children?

6. If stays/nights in Jan/Feb 2017 are valid for qualification under the old rules, does that also mean that the 1,000 pt Dia amenity will also still be awarded for stays in Jan/Feb 2017?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
6. If stays/nights in Jan/Feb 2017 are valid for qualification under the old rules, does that also mean that the 1,000 pt Dia amenity will also still be awarded for stays in Jan/Feb 2017?
I can't see why that wouldn't be the case. The Gold Passport program is still in place until the end of February.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Everyone has their own preferences. I don't really care about suites as much as I suspect the average guest does since I mostly travel without my spouse or family. (And when I do have them with me, then I can't even use a DSU because I'll use points!) I've had suites that had TOO much room. Really. That said, if I have suite upgrades then sure, I'll use them because overall they are a slight plus.
I agree with you on these points. About 50 percent of my travel is solo; if I am upgraded to a suite, I will take it. However, I won't even inquire if one is available at check-in. A nice king room is all that I want or need when I am alone.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:20 am

Speedy Conversion of GP Points to Airline Miles

When the WOH news first broke last week, I took a look at my account, and determined that my point balance of over 425K was probably too heavy, so I decided to convert some to DL Skymiles, which are still valuable to me, since I am not fixated on premium class air travel.

I executed the conversion on Saturday afternoon, and the points are in my Skymiles account this morning.

I mention this only because the Hyatt T&C's state that the conversion might take six to eight weeks to be completed.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:33 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Picking up on some of the questions in this thread, your Mods asked Jeff Z some questions. Here they are, with his answers.

4. You plan to announce Globalist for Lifescheme this week?

We will announce the new Lifetime program March 1st with the launch of World of Hyatt.
I don't know if this is yet another example of how poorly thought out this new program is, or a further indication of how bad the new program will be ...

For me, and I suspect at least a few others here, the lifetime program is the only thing keeping us from abandoning Hyatt completely. I'll be about 90% of the way to today's lifetime Diamond by the end of the year (if I don't cancel my current reservations), but I definitely won't cross that threshold by 28 Feb. I was counting, based on the Facebook responses last week, to get some indication of what the new lifetime program looks like this week. Seeing now that nothing is coming until next March just seems like another push from Hyatt to find another program now.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
5. Is the Explorist Club Upgrade benefit also capped at 2 adults/2 children?

A possible question seven if I may.

The room upgrade benefit for Globalists states "Enjoy an upgrade at check-in, up to standard suites". Does this mean a Globalist is guaranteed a suite (subject to availability), or simply that an upgrade of some description, up to and including a suite, will occur? At the moment, the benefit reads like the latter.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:45 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
There were a couple of comments around status matching to M-Life. In future it will be GOLD only for Globalist.
I have just been matched to Platinum until 9/30/2017. So if you are currently Diamond (and even if you do not requalify for 2017), I suggest getting matched NOW, so you'll at least have Platinum for a year.

Instructions on doing so are here (unfortunately no online possibility anymore):
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...tnerships.html
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by skj
I don't know if this is yet another example of how poorly thought out this new program is, or a further indication of how bad the new program will be ...

For me, and I suspect at least a few others here, the lifetime program is the only thing keeping us from abandoning Hyatt completely. I'll be about 90% of the way to today's lifetime Diamond by the end of the year (if I don't cancel my current reservations), but I definitely won't cross that threshold by 28 Feb. I was counting, based on the Facebook responses last week, to get some indication of what the new lifetime program looks like this week. Seeing now that nothing is coming until next March just seems like another push from Hyatt to find another program now.
Agreed. It has lead me to push all my reservations to SPG/Marriott (Plat there already).

I will re-evaluate at the end of 2018 and will status match/challenge if I want to return for the 2019 year.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by zombietooth
But, there will be no information on spend available to the franchisees, that is Hyatt's proprietary information. So all Globs will be equal in the franchisee's eyes.
I am pretty sure hotels have had information to segregate Diamond members thus far, so what you are describing would be a change.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And there's no reason to think it holds any truth.... the properties will still have the same kind of information they have today. And they aren't franchisee's but Hyatt has a management contract, something completely different as well.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Glad to hear you are 'excited' Mr. Zidell but your customers are not!

Just like your lousy website is running your customers to other hotels, now your 'new and improved' dis-loyalty program will add to it.

Good luck as we will be taking our business some where else!

Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalker's,

Today I’m excited to introduce World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program, which will replace Hyatt Gold Passport® on March 1, 2017.

World of Hyatt is about building community and finding more ways to engage with you. At Hyatt, we believe in putting empathy into action. More than great locations, luxurious rooms and top–notch amenities, we have a greater purpose — to care for you so you can be your best.

We designed the program for you. We heard what makes your experiences better and more meaningful – and we tailored World of Hyatt to meet those needs, so you can expect the exceptional.

We will share additional information about World of Hyatt with Hyatt Gold Passport members in the coming days.

I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,
Jeff Zidell

[mod edit - the link to the thread that was started in the morning prior to the official announcement is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-mar-17-a.html (That thread has been locked - please continue discussions in this thread - the link has been provided for reference)]
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
So then in theory, suite upgrades would be first come first serve. So if you check in right after rooms are cleaned and available you would get a suite upgrade. Obviously this also depends on overall occupancy and time of year etc....but the policy a hotel would follow would be to assign an available suite to first Glob member checking in, provided the Globs length of stay aligns with suite availability that week.

But we all know that hotels do take care of frequent guests so if you stay regularly at the same hotel then you would think that gives you better odds of getting the suite upgrade.
I suspect that it won't be any different than it currently is. At a lot of hotels, they pre-book Diamonds into rooms the morning of or maybe the day before. When you check in, they already have a room set aside for you. It may be based on loyalty though, method of payment, number of nights staying. At check in, you can of course always ask for a different room type.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 59Impala
There were a couple of comments around status matching to M-Life. In future it will be GOLD only for Globalist.
I have just been matched to Platinum until 9/30/2017. So if you are currently Diamond (and even if you do not requalify for 2017), I suggest getting matched NOW, so you'll at least have Platinum for a year.

Instructions on doing so are here (unfortunately no online possibility anymore):
https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...tnerships.html
Two comments,

One why are so many people flossing about M-Life? My company has done a lot of work in Vegas over the years and I honestly don't see the big deal. Upgraded rooms are easily had checking in, sure now that parking is being charged for but that's a small price, besides who really needs a rental car in Vegas,

Second, can some one explain "qualifying rate" I do notice a numerous mention of this and "pre paid " room nights to secure certain benefits.

As many know I have been a very loyal Hyatt traveler for a long time but given the small foot print of Hyatt for my travel I am unsure of making Globalist and frankly why stress myself out attempting to do so. I read an interesting article the other day relating to Millennials and their travel habits. The article went on to talk about their using various travel sites looking for best deals. My son and his wife do this even though they use UA as their "base" program. Interesting
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:17 am
Suspended

never mind

Last edited by craz; Nov 1, 2016 at 8:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.