Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Huge changes coming to Gold Passport [1 Mar 17]

Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

I was reading this - http://penandpassport.com/world-of-hyatt/

Apparently, the program will be called World of Hyatt instead. The new program rules will be announced November 1st officially, with a program start date of March 17, 2017. Loyalty programs have traditionally given their members access to the previous year’s status through the end of February of the following year: Hyatt will give 17 days beyond that in 2017.

Can anyone verify this?

Last edited by l380; Oct 27, 2016 at 5:26 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:23 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I was just about to post the same link.
interesting.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I wonder if credit card status will map to "Discoverist" or "Explorist".
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:39 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It true it's awful. They will be the first program to remove qualification by stays. Airlines have moved to a revenue model so it's not completely unbelievable.

I would move my business to *wood. Losing DSUs is a massive disincentive and the key reason I stuck with Hyatt.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
I presume re-qualified Diamonds (like me) will receive Globalist status, even if below 60 nights (hopefully, will have about 54 by the end of the year)
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by m0hamed
It true it's awful. They will be the first program to remove qualification by stays. Airlines have moved to a revenue model so it's not completely unbelievable.

I would move my business to *wood. Losing DSUs is a massive disincentive and the key reason I stuck with Hyatt.
That shows them still allowing qualification based on nights -- just not based on stays.

That also shows them getting rid of upgrades to club floor rooms/lounge benefits for a large segment of current Diamonds.

And a lot of current Diamond customers are going to end up being no better than what Platinums used to be when Hyatt had Platinum Extras. This is a real gutting of benefits for a lot of Diamond customers.

These changes will get me to dump Hyatt and dedicate myself further to Marriott/Starwood. Can't say that this is what I expected Hyatt to do in response to the Marriott/Starwood merger.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:47 am

Quite a scoop for Matthew and likely true.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No more Diamond Suite Upgrades. Globalists can be upgrade to a suite upon arrival, but seems that nothing is guaranteed anymore.

That could be why they changed the DSU redemption policy last year, and why they didn't bother coming up with a policy for redemptions for newly renewed Diamonds beyond February 2017. If so, then this has likely been planned for over a year.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I wonder if credit card status will map to "Discoverist" or "Explorist".
Discoverist level for regular Chase Hyatt credit card account holders.

Not sure how entirely accurate everything on that site is at this moment, but this is indeed a lot like something that Hyatt had been planning even before this year. I would have thought that the Marriott/Starwood thing closing would have gotten them to reconsider a bunch of these customer-unfriendly changes.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Free breakfast seems to be gone as well, unless it is still there in properties without the lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fims
Free breakfast seems to be gone as well, unless it is still there in properties without the lounge.
It seems like a lot of current Diamond level types would need to to use the reincarnated version of Platinum Extras in order to get breakfast/club access four times a year.

Welcome to Diamond customers becoming the Hyatt Platinums of yesteryears.

Even as someone who can easily do 25-50 nights a year to have current Diamond benefits, I can't see doing 60 nights at Hyatt just to keep most of what I currently get for 25-50 nights. And being a Hyatt Platinum by another name won't attract me to Hyatt.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Discoverist level for regular Chase Hyatt credit card account holders.
Is this something you have already been made aware of? I didn't see anything about that in the referenced article.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by m0hamed
They will be the first program to remove qualification by stays.
Sorry, but Marriott Rewards members qualify for status using only nights, not stays. And rollover nights count towards next year's status (and also for lifetime qualification as well.)

-mvitale
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I wonder how it will compare to the unified SPG/Marriott program, yet to be launched in 2017.

Accor also gets worse on 1st Jan 2017.

IHG probably can't get worse as there aren't really any serious benefits.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:18 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mvitale
Sorry, but Marriott Rewards members qualify for status using only nights, not stays. And rollover nights count towards next year's status (and also for lifetime qualification as well.)

-mvitale
To 'remove' indicates that they were once available. In this sense this qualification method is being discontinued.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.