FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iflyjetz

I will keep my Hyatt CC, as it gives me a 'free' annual night along with Discoverist status. Discoverist gives me Pearl at MLife; the minimum level for free self park at MLife properties. My Hyatt CC used to be my primary card; it will now go in the sock drawer next to my IHG CC and I'll be using a Hilton CC as my primary.

Edit: I may have to move Hilton to the top of my hotel list. They just made LT Diamond status a bit easier: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...e-diamond.html
Cant believe Im agreeing with you on HH, but thats my plan as well. With MR LT no need to run after MR or SPG. Cant believe Im heading back to the dark side of HH, but with the 11 reses made for Jan the rates ended up alot cheaper then anyone else, but with no chain having any CS loyalty any longer to their customers, keeping as much $$s in my pocket is all that is important
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
No survey here; no surprise. I've opted in for every Hyatt email including monthly statements for a long time. I haven't seen a monthly statement in a LONG time - maybe a couple of years.

The last email I got from Hyatt was 5 Dec, stating that I requal'd for Diamond.

I would normally be booking almost all of my hotel stays for the rest of the year at Hyatt (due to a ridiculous dream of one day achieving LT Diamond), as I've requal'd with every other loyalty program that I use. Instead, it looks like Marriott's Renaissance will be getting quite a few of my year end bookings. I'm already MR LT Plat so the stays won't advance me toward any new LT status.

I will keep my Hyatt CC, as it gives me a 'free' annual night along with Discoverist status. Discoverist gives me Pearl at MLife; the minimum level for free self park at MLife properties. My Hyatt CC used to be my primary card; it will now go in the sock drawer next to my IHG CC and I'll be using a Hilton CC as my primary.

2017 will find me sampling Fairmont, burning Hyatt points, and booking the cheapest decent (FS) room I can find, with an eye on value. I expect Marriott/Hilton/SPG to get almost all of my dollars that I don't spend at Fairmonts. Hyatt will get my points. And I've got at least a couple years of Hyatt points to burn.

Edit: I may have to move Hilton to the top of my hotel list. They just made LT Diamond status a bit easier: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...e-diamond.html
I have been "sampling" Fairmont and frankly have been impressed. Booked through AMEX Travel using my PLT card so got a nice upgrade, didn't even have to ask
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:08 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I applied for Amex Platinum and got SPG Gold and thus MR Gold as well. I booked a couple of stays with Marriott and one thing I noticed immediately was...whoa, all these choices and properties to fit whatever your budget is.

I was loyal to Hyatt for 6 years and never even thought of staying with a different chain except for the occasional Accor property.

Given the massive footprint of Starwood/Marrriott, there's no incentive anymore to stay with Hyatt, with the exception of a couple of properties.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Not sure I would go as far as to make my Citi Hilton Honors primary; but, yeah, like you, the Hyatt Chase Visa has been, for several years now, my top card. Food at 2x was a big part of my daily spend; I stayed a lot in Hyatts where the 3x on the card made my total spend come up from 6.5x to 9.5x; I like the 2x on airfares, especially when coupled with the great insurance functions (delays, cancellations) of the card; and because I wanted to hit $20,000 every year (if not $40,000) for the extra stays/nights that can make all the difference, I often rationalized some big spends at 1x toward the beginning of the year, to make sure I could keep my Diamond groove on. I really like(d) Hyatt points a lot because I really like(d) Hyatt a lot, and I got enough true value out of Hyatt points to see them as worth 2 cents at minimum, but often a lot closer to 3 cents or more (PHV addiction).

The card was part of the huge virtuous cycle that was Hyatt Diamondality. But the downward spiral on every front will really cut into my card use (though, yes, it's a keeper for the one free night at a category 4). I mean, once I don't have to make a $20,000 annual nut, and set myself up for the possibility of $40,000, it's just another low-use specialty card.

Oh, well ... frees up some spend for Barclay Aviator cards, for AA EQDs. But the lifestyle does get that much less efficient.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been diamond for at least 10 years and probably longer and no survey nor box for me. Nothing for my non-status husband either.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Not sure I would go as far as to make my Citi Hilton Honors primary; but, yeah, like you, the Hyatt Chase Visa has been, for several years now, my top card. Food at 2x was a big part of my daily spend; I stayed a lot in Hyatts where the 3x on the card made my total spend come up from 6.5x to 9.5x; I like the 2x on airfares, especially when coupled with the great insurance functions (delays, cancellations) of the card; and because I wanted to hit $20,000 every year (if not $40,000) for the extra stays/nights that can make all the difference, I often rationalized some big spends at 1x toward the beginning of the year, to make sure I could keep my Diamond groove on. I really like(d) Hyatt points a lot because I really like(d) Hyatt a lot, and I got enough true value out of Hyatt points to see them as worth 2 cents at minimum, but often a lot closer to 3 cents or more (PHV addiction).

The card was part of the huge virtuous cycle that was Hyatt Diamondality. But the downward spiral on every front will really cut into my card use (though, yes, it's a keeper for the one free night at a category 4). I mean, once I don't have to make a $20,000 annual nut, and set myself up for the possibility of $40,000, it's just another low-use specialty card.

Oh, well ... frees up some spend for Barclay Aviator cards, for AA EQDs. But the lifestyle does get that much less efficient.
I'm making a Hilton CC primary for the $40k spend = Diamond. That allows me to log less than 30 stays with Hilton annually and maintain Diamond with them.

I'll probably favor the best value room at any given time. I know I'll have zero problem hitting 10 stays with Fairmont, which will be the only program that I'll need to devote nights to (assuming I get $40K spend with my HH CC).
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I've been diamond for at least 10 years and probably longer and no survey nor box for me. Nothing for my non-status husband either.
damn
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
I applied for Amex Platinum and got SPG Gold and thus MR Gold as well. I booked a couple of stays with Marriott and one thing I noticed immediately was...whoa, all these choices and properties to fit whatever your budget is.

I was loyal to Hyatt for 6 years and never even thought of staying with a different chain except for the occasional Accor property.

Given the massive footprint of Starwood/Marrriott, there's no incentive anymore to stay with Hyatt, with the exception of a couple of properties.
And with SPG adding Design Hotels increasingly, I must say Marriott/SPG is currently doing me a good deal better than even Hyatt GoldPassport, let alone its devalued reincarnation as WOH.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

Based on that spending, you really should check out the Chase Sapphire Reserve. That should be all 3x.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by josephstern
Based on that spending, you really should check out the Chase Sapphire Reserve. That should be all 3x.
Definitely. Headed that way once I duck under 5/24 in Spring. Because, what the heck, these Chase UR points are 1-to-1 with Hyatt, if I'm not mistaken. But I might not have been headed this way had they not made the $20K (or $40K) worthless (except for points, which aren't as valuable without status, at least in my view) under the new WOH regime.

I'm making a Hilton CC primary for the $40k spend = Diamond. That allows me to log less than 30 stays with Hilton annually and maintain Diamond with them.
Ah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, I have been doing the $10K not for Gold (or whatever the intermediate level) status, but for the weekend WA annual night. Can be worth something. But that $10K was always after I got Hyatt and other stuff squared-away. As for ratcheting it up to $40k, well, maybe. Except for Hilton stays, the point multipliers aren't seductive given the point values, and speaking of WA, it's always annoying to realize that even as an HH Diamond (I took the match earlier this year), I wasn't going to get b'fast or a real late check-out (4pm). Have to do FHR or equivalent for that.

Gosh, I miss Hyatt already, and I haven't even started my 2017 <strike>Diamond</strike> Globulist farewell tour. Benefits were real and pretty darned uniform across properties (I'm looking at you, Courtyard at Marriott... and I'm not through with you yet, WA!) and -- the point of this two-part meander -- it had the curious property of making a hotel card one of my top one or two cards. Until now.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
70 night diamond here and no survey, so it would appear the survey is targeting folks that qualify based on stays?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandc99
70 night diamond here and no survey, so it would appear the survey is targeting folks that qualify based on stays?
Perhaps. I qualify on stays and received the survey.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:39 pm

Over 60 nights and I have a private line agent and no survey or anything else.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

57 nights / 22 stays here and I got the survey. Random chance?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Stay qualifier here. No survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.