Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Huge changes coming to Gold Passport [1 Mar 17]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge changes coming to Gold Passport [1 Mar 17]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by m0hamed
To 'remove' indicates that they were once available. In this sense this qualification method is being discontinued.
Ah, understood. Sorry 'bout that. I need more coffee this morning.

-mvitale
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:23 am

So it seems the term 'standard suites', may be differently interpreted by the properties. They may term Junior or Parlour suites as standard suites too.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:25 am

Two major questions still not clear. What will happen to people who already qualified for next year or will qualify in time for next year? Also no mention of getting night credit based on CC spend.
Doing 60 nights on Hyatt isn't easy. 30 nights is manageable but 60 nights based on Hyatt footprint is just not feasible like before for regular vacation travel folks like me.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lowjhg
So it seems the term 'standard suites', may be differently interpreted by the properties. They may term Junior or Parlour suites as standard suites too.
Yes. And Hyatt doesn't really care to push all its properties in this regard even with regard to those properties participating with DSUs. Can't see Hyatt pushing all of their properties harder on granting actual suites rather than "junior suites" in a post-DSU world.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anubond005
Two major questions still not clear. What will happen to people who already qualified for next year or will qualify in time for next year? Also no mention of getting night credit based on CC spend.
Doing 60 nights on Hyatt isn't easy. 30 nights is manageable but 60 nights based on Hyatt footprint is just not feasible like before for regular vacation travel folks like me.
Wouldn't you bet on Diamonds getting put into the top to try to placate the group for a while and not rock the boat too much more than it already will? I'd bet on it.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Good way to thin the herdof diamonds.

Different slant on my diamond+ thoughts for folks who have significant nights or stays.

I'm most interested to know about the diamond stay bonus.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:32 am

Now having had a comparison between the purported changes to HGP vs HH, the offerings from Hyatt still stands out. At least the properties are of a higher quality than the overall picture at hiltons. I am staying put it seems.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Good way to thin the herdof diamonds.

Different slant on my diamond+ thoughts for folks who have significant nights or stays.

I'm most interested to know about the diamond stay bonus.
I'm willing to bet that Hyatt doesn't want to thin the herd of Diamonds too fast. See my prior post responding to anubond005.

Longer term this will thin the herd, but that doesn't do me much of any good even if I would give Hyatt 60+ nights/year.

Does Hyatt think that jacking up the qualification requirements will get a larger proportion of current Hyatt Diamonds to migrate away from other hotel programs and further concentrate stays with Hyatt and thus become "more loyal" to Hyatt? Perhaps, but I just don't see there being a huge proportion of current Diamonds in such position.

Is Hyatt just another program to have been "schooled" in how to respond to "gamers", as if the gaming at the margins is a material problem?

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 27, 2016 at 6:42 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
Two major questions still not clear. What will happen to people who already qualified for next year or will qualify in time for next year?
I imagine-and expect-requalified Diamonds will be given the highest tier if the new program is implemented in 2017. If the program goes into effect in 2018 but the qualification period begins in 2017, then they will be Diamonds.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm willing to bet that Hyatt doesn't want to thin the herd of Diamonds too fast. See my prior post responding to anubond005.

Longer term this will thin the herd, but that doesn't do me much of any good even if I would give Hyatt 60+ nights/year.

Does Hyatt think that jacking up the qualification requirements will get a larger proportion of current Hyatt Diamonds to migrate away from other hotel programs and further concentrate stays with Hyatt and thus become "more loyal" to Hyatt? Perhaps, but I just don't see there being a huge proportion of current Diamonds in such position.
We can finally stop hearing people whine about hotel hoppers at 69/night properties for 25 nights being top tier.

Also, this will weed out the vacation crowd who constantly would harp: "but I spent my own money at Hyatt" as if the source of revenue mattered.

Will be interesting to see how this affects: diamond lifetime, stay bonus, crowded lounges, etc.

While I will qualify for the top tier, I'll be considering this year if I'm going to status match to another brand. I was hoping for an added Courtesy Card light program vs just uppping the qualification for diamond.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Big scoop... looks too detailed to be anything but true.

I'm sure there will be lots to complain about, but as long as Hyatt...

1. keep C+P as qualifying nights
2. keep offering a couple of big promos per year requiring 25 nights each
3. keep treating Diamonds/Globalists as well as currently, if not better
4. DON'T hand the top status out like candy with status matches!!!

Then I'll still be doing my 60+ nights per year and enjoy the fact that fewer people are in the lounge/competing for suite upgrades...
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
got hyatt diamond through a Status Challange (make xy nights in 3 months) last year.

This year I requalified by 25 stays (34 nights) as I liked the diamond treatment and the benefits. Would be willing to requalify again for 25-30 stays with similar benefits.

But their new treshold just seems tooo much.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:51 am

The top tier will be a worthy goal if certain "popular" properties (e.g., PH Sydney, Andaz Maui, etc.) stop playing games with room assignments and other perks for top tier guests. Hopefully, Hyatt will ensure that all properties fully buy-in to the new program.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:57 am
Suspended

The properties' games with room assignments will still continue.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
We can finally stop hearing people whine about hotel hoppers at 69/night properties for 25 nights being top tier.

Also, this will weed out the vacation crowd who constantly would harp: "but I spent my own money at Hyatt" as if the source of revenue mattered.

Will be interesting to see how this affects: diamond lifetime, stay bonus, crowded lounges, etc.

While I will qualify for the top tier, I'll be considering this year if I'm going to status match to another brand. I was hoping for an added Courtesy Card light program vs just uppping the qualification for diamond.
Are you promising that the whining about low-cost top-tiers is going to end? I doubt that. Keep in mind, there are still ways for people to get 60 Hyatt status nights for less than $2000 out of pocket. That game will still continue too.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you promising that the whining about low-cost top-tiers is going to end? I doubt that. Keep in mind, there are still ways for people to get 60 Hyatt status nights for less than $2000 out of pocket. That game will still continue too.
If someone wants to mattress run for 60 nights - go for it. Most people I see on here are limping into their 25 stays. And - ya - people will always whine about low cost top tiers in any program... this change will significantly lesson that on the new hyatt "diamond" tier.

(Im also not concerned with someone limping in with 2k out of pocket burning a bunch of points with p+c - assuming that actually still stays around).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.