Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Huge changes coming to Gold Passport [1 Mar 17]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge changes coming to Gold Passport [1 Mar 17]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
And for the 60+ Hyatt night guests, the "free" Category 1-7 award must be used within 4 months of earning or ends up wiped out? Sounds cheap of Hyatt, but this is not really surprising to me at this point.
Marriott does that with many of their free certs, but they're pretty generous about extending them.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by exmike
What will the Andaz Maui do now to nickel an dime their guests now that Globalists don't pay resort or parking fees?
They'll put up a LOT FULL sign.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
They sure suckered me in with their generous program and status match last year. Unless you're lucky on location it's hard to get a lot of nights at Hyatt, they just aren't in a lot of places. I was going out of my way to stay with them. 25 stays I can do but 60 nights? Likely not, and if I'm just going to be mid tier with meh benefits I'll go with SPG/Marriott which is much easier to attain because they're pretty much everywhere.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
This news ruined my day

For someone who spends 25 stays per year will not even hit mid tier. Unless I can spend a few thousand more say $12000 to make minimum spend for the mid tier status, and then what do I get....a whole 4 stays with Regency Club access.

I still have most of my suite upgrades left...why?? Because most hotels have limited "standard suites" anyhow. So I will get a room on a higher floor. Wooopie

What about free breakfasts? Only when the lounge is closed? I hate to say Hyatt, no looking forward to Diamond status that performs like Platinum status.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by SP03
I think the most disappointing change for me is the Hyatt Chase Card downgrade. Unlike many here, I'm perfectly happy with Platinum. Late check out is great. Faster internet is nice too. I do a combinations of cash stays and award nights using Chase UR point transfers. While no major upgrades, it's nice to not have the worst room in the hotel.

This completely changes how I value the credit card. With the change, the only benefit of having the card is really the Cat 1-4 free night, which often requires me to stay at a Hyatt that's either out of way or move hotels for a longer stay.

If they offer 15,000 points for renewal instead of the free night, I might keep the card. But it's just not worth the hassle for a 1-4 cert that expires in a year.
I agree, like you I was fine with Platinum for my needs. But I'd been on the fence about keeping the card. I can earn UR points faster with Ink, CSP and CSR and transfer to Hyatt as needed, as far as award nights are concerned. Pretty sure I'll just cancel the card in the near term now.

I know it's not substantive, but the new tier names are so ridiculous, they actually made me think the leaked news wasn't real initially - I mean, what paid marketing department came up with these? They sound like parents trying to use their teenagers' slang terms but missing by a mile.

It's also kinda funny that they rebranded the program World of Hyatt considering their "world" is so much smaller than most of the other chains.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by smilee
This news ruined my day

For someone who spends 25 stays per year will not even hit mid tier.
Is virtually every single one of your stays a single night?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is virtually every single one of your stays a single night?
Mine are. Right now I'm at 25 stays and 27 nights.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Mine are. Right now I'm at 25 stays and 27 nights.
7/29 here
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Since this has been confirmed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rld-hyatt.html . I'm going to lock this tread for house keeping. Please continue discussions in the referenced thread.

Peteropny - co-mod - hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.