Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ Delhi, New Delhi, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANDAZ Delhi, New Delhi, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:26 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone have the email contact for the Andaz?
as per the website: [email protected]
Old Sep 9, 2023, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I recently stayed not-quite-2-nights here before doing a Golden Triangle tour. I emailed beforehand to advise of a 2am arrival into DEL, and to request an airport pickup (₹1904 including taxes); the driver was waiting at the customs/immigration exit with a hotel property sign. I booked "1 KING BED" and never saw the app say anything other than, nor did they mention anything at check-in, but did get a suite upgrade (x54 room facing the interior courtyard).

Breakfast in Annamaya was pretty good, variety of both western and Indian options, egg station (take note of your table number when seated, tell it along with your order at the station, and they deliver it to you when ready), a couple other made-to-order options, juice/coffee bar. When you sit down they also put a small red "OCCUPIED" plaque that you can turn over to say "VACANT" when you leave, but it seems this isn't strictly observed -- one time I got up to pick up just a couple more quick items (I was gone 2 minutes, tops) and came back to find an employee just about to remove my juice and coffee that were both nearly full, but quickly set it back down when they saw me. Not a huge deal, but why bother having the sign if you aren't going to pay attention to it

But overall a nice property and experience.

Globalist welcome letter

There was also a rainfall showerhead, not visible in this pic though

Toiletries; there was also a packet of bath salts by the tub

Didn't realize this came out poorly at the time -- going from memory I think the two drinks on the lower right were Sprite and Schweppes.

atojbk likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 9, 2023 at 1:11 pm
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; AA EP; Hilton Gold
Stayed here for 2 nights prior to heading to Rajasthan. The hotel is conveniently located in Aerocity (~7-8 minute drive end to end from the terminal to hotel) but annoyingly there is no airport shuttle so your options are Uber, taxi, or airport transportation.

Aerocity is a community of various hotels (JW Marriott, Roseate House, Pullman, etc) and a very nice shopping complex (Worldmark) and multinational offices but there is a decent amount of construction going on that makes it inconvenient to walk to the Aerocity metro station (orange Line) so unfortunately you’ll have to rely on cars for transport.

The hotel was popular w/ the locals and breakfast at Annamaya was decent (Western + Indian specialties) with a ton of options. The Qatar and Singapore Airlines staff were also staying here and breakfast had a lot of other airlines employees.

The common areas were well-maintained, but the rooms are showing a bit of age - there are small things that keep this from being on-par with the best hotels in the city (no Toto-toilets, wood is a bit worn on the edges, grout finishing in the bathrooms is a bit sloppy). Overall it’s decent but given the rates at this time (~$200/night) and newer inventory in Delhi, there are better alternatives imo. Service though was friendly and prompt.

Was upgraded to a suite (similar to the post above so added pictures). It had 1.5 baths and a large living space:

Overall it is a nice option when transiting near the airport or for a quick stop in Delhi, but if you are a tourist looking to actually visit or stay more than a night, I would recommend the Oberoi, Leela, Taj, Lodhi, or other options given the prices that are located within the city and are slightly better maintained.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Booked for 1 night under the Hyatt Prive rate which includes $100 USD F&B credit (which should roughly be around ~8300 INR) but Hyatt is claiming they are using their own exchange rate which comes out to be 6400 INR which is around $77 USD which is a 23% reduction... is this normal?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Zorak
When you sit down they also put a small red "OCCUPIED" plaque that you can turn over to say "VACANT" when you leave, but it seems this isn't strictly observed -- one time I got up to pick up just a couple more quick items (I was gone 2 minutes, tops) and came back to find an employee just about to remove my juice and coffee that were both nearly full, but quickly set it back down when they saw me. Not a huge deal, but why bother having the sign if you aren't going to pay attention to it
As someone who has had their table cleared more times that I can count while going to get additional items at a breakfast buffet , this is a brilliant idea, although disappointing if it is not actually observed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.