Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ Delhi, New Delhi, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANDAZ Delhi, New Delhi, India REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I set up a stay for my brother and his family as the original plan to arrange a driver to Meerut fell through:

We booked for four people a Twin Bed Deluxe (wanted the airport transfer and breakfast). For the short stay (it ended up being about 9 hours) they got upgraded to a two bed apartment, which probably was a godsend to my dad as he had just spent the last 20-some hours traveling with a 3 year old!

Breakfast, hard product, and general service got very high reviews. Service at the base level is still not polished, but I think few hotels succeed on this in India. The transfer was very smooth and professional.

Two quirks that the family commented on: the layout can be quite confusing and the floors, which very nice, can be quite slick.

All in all, I’d probably stay there if I need to make a visit to Delhi in the future.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Andaz Delhi? Or, is there a better choice in the area?

I searched and couldn't find a thread for this hotel. Mods, please merge if there is one?

I'm wondering about this hotel (Andaz Dehli). The hotel looks nice but the location looks terrible (from the map -- I haven't actually visited the area yet). Unfortunately the Hyatt Regency Gurgaon seems to have the same issue.

Are there any nice, well-located Hyatts in the area? The Hyatt Place seemed to be an ok (not great) location, but I prefer to stay somewhere higher-end than that if possible.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:00 pm

Ironically that is considered a good location.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Ironically that is considered a good location.
It seems like it's kind of outside the city. I hear that Gurugram is lots of fun but I don't want to be a 45 min drive outside the city.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:00 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
Hi,

we just stayed for two days at the Andaz Delhi. Staff were outstanding and it is very convenient in getting to/from the airport.

Rooms were quite large and clean and there are several very nice restaurants nearby.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I searched and couldn't find a thread for this hotel. Mods, please merge if there is one?

I'm wondering about this hotel (Andaz Dehli). The hotel looks nice but the location looks terrible (from the map -- I haven't actually visited the area yet). Unfortunately the Hyatt Regency Gurgaon seems to have the same issue.

Are there any nice, well-located Hyatts in the area? The Hyatt Place seemed to be an ok (not great) location, but I prefer to stay somewhere higher-end than that if possible.
I stayed at the Andaz Delhi last year and it's a great hotel. I'd stay there again without hesitation. It's very close to the airport, so convenient in that respect. Especially if arriving from a late night flight.

The location is fine, but I guess it depends on your plans in Delhi. Note that there is a metro stop nearby and it's only a 15 minute ride to the terminus near Connaught Place. Though hiring a driver is more convenient.

If you're going to be there for several days doing sightseeing, it might not be the most convenient location. The Regency Delhi is somewhat more centrally located, but not significantly so. If you want to be in central Delhi, you may need to venture beyond the Hyatt portfolio.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Will be staying there in July for a quick stopover from DPS back to the US; given cheap paid rates at this property (around $140/night all in), Prive bookings for short stays offer tremendous value.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A quick mini-review. Booked two nights on a Prive rate for our stopover - although in retrospect should have booked one of the cheaper rates as we did not end up dining at the hotel. Decided against using Andaz transportation (1033INR incl. tax) on the way in, opting for an Uber for 260INR. This was a mistake - should have just paid for a comfortable ride vs. walking to the hot parking garage, trying to find our Uber and barely fitting our luggage into the jalopy that arrived. Booked the airport return at the front desk - a much nicer experience. Lesson learned.

The hotel is a stone's throw from the airport, but seems like an absolute pain to get to, as there's only one unmarked turn-around, and another turn-off. Our driver got lost and had to circle multiple times. Once we arrived, after a quick security check and X-Ray of luggage, we were welcomed to the Andaz. Check-in was quick, and we were upgraded to a suite for our two night stay - not the larger version posted above, but a nicely sized suite nonetheless, with a courtyard view.

The room, while large and seemingly well appointed, had a number of oddities. Even though it's a very recent build, there only one USB plug by the dining table, and single electric outlets by the bedside, making it difficult to recharge electronics. There's no towel rack or towels in the powder room, and linens and towels in the room are of poor quality, and gray/yellow in color, although seemed clean. Toiletries seemed to have possibly been used by previous guests as the small bottles were not full, and had varying amounts of liquid - not quite sure what's up with that. Finishes and furniture seemed a bit tired too. Just not what you'd expect from an Andaz that's been only open for a couple years. Since we were there only a short time, we didn't really care, although I did mention the linen issue to the front desk when checking out. Other than that, a capsule espresso machine, varying teas, complimentary minibar (non-alcoholic drinks and couple snacks) and fancy water in large glass bottles were nice.

Breakfast is served in the food court in the lobby, and was very extensive with multiple stations, including eggs, southern and northern Indian, fruit, pastries and crepes, and varying juices. You can also order a number of a la carte dishes. Everything tasted very good, and staff were nice and attentive. We did not have dinner at the hotel as we were too full from eating during the day. Hong Kong Club seems to be the only "fancy" restaurant at the Andaz - no other fine dining option - an international and Indian menu are available at the food court. The food court also has a very nice selection of Indian food items and spices for sale.

Location-wise, it was only a 30 min drive to the Old City and other sights, but that was on a Sunday, so during the week would probably be much worse.

All in all, not a bad place to stay, but this is no Andaz Tokyo.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Thanks for the review. I like this hotel a lot, but you are right, it's no Andaz Tokyo (then again I don't think there is any Andaz hotel that is close to as good as Tokyo).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
A quick mini-review. Booked two nights on a Prive rate for our stopover - although in retrospect should have booked one of the cheaper rates as we did not end up dining at the hotel. Decided against using Andaz transportation (1033INR incl. tax) on the way in, opting for an Uber for 260INR. This was a mistake - should have just paid for a comfortable ride vs. walking to the hot parking garage, trying to find our Uber and barely fitting our luggage into the jalopy that arrived. Booked the airport return at the front desk - a much nicer experience. Lesson learned.

The hotel is a stone's throw from the airport, but seems like an absolute pain to get to, as there's only one unmarked turn-around, and another turn-off. Our driver got lost and had to circle multiple times. Once we arrived, after a quick security check and X-Ray of luggage, we were welcomed to the Andaz. Check-in was quick, and we were upgraded to a suite for our two night stay - not the larger version posted above, but a nicely sized suite nonetheless, with a courtyard view.

The room, while large and seemingly well appointed, had a number of oddities. Even though it's a very recent build, there only one USB plug by the dining table, and single electric outlets by the bedside, making it difficult to recharge electronics. There's no towel rack or towels in the powder room, and linens and towels in the room are of poor quality, and gray/yellow in color, although seemed clean. Toiletries seemed to have possibly been used by previous guests as the small bottles were not full, and had varying amounts of liquid - not quite sure what's up with that. Finishes and furniture seemed a bit tired too. Just not what you'd expect from an Andaz that's been only open for a couple years. Since we were there only a short time, we didn't really care, although I did mention the linen issue to the front desk when checking out. Other than that, a capsule espresso machine, varying teas, complimentary minibar (non-alcoholic drinks and couple snacks) and fancy water in large glass bottles were nice.

Breakfast is served in the food court in the lobby, and was very extensive with multiple stations, including eggs, southern and northern Indian, fruit, pastries and crepes, and varying juices. You can also order a number of a la carte dishes. Everything tasted very good, and staff were nice and attentive. We did not have dinner at the hotel as we were too full from eating during the day. Hong Kong Club seems to be the only "fancy" restaurant at the Andaz - no other fine dining option - an international and Indian menu are available at the food court. The food court also has a very nice selection of Indian food items and spices for sale.

Location-wise, it was only a 30 min drive to the Old City and other sights, but that was on a Sunday, so during the week would probably be much worse.

are there any Indian snacks in the minibar?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
are there any Indian snacks in the minibar?
Here's a picture of all the snacks from the minibar.
SkyTeam777 and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
First time staying at Andaz - and this location - really appreciated the property for its balance between whimsy/local flavor/design and business amenities. At check-in, I was offered paid suite upgrade including breakfast and airport transfers - it was a no-brainer. Room was very quiet, bed comfortable and I appreciated the separate living area w kitchenette. Only complaint were stains on the carpet which I’ve also experienced at other India hotels - I should have asked for a runway-facing view as I love plane-spotting. Breakfast buffet and fresh selections were amazing - enjoyed the Juniper bar for happy hour drinks - and ordered room service one night and it was hot and tasty. The gym, steam, and spa services were great escapes (although the spa special running on the TV was no longer available when I inquired). Staff was available and helpful when needed for driver and business center issues. I thought I would miss a lounge and a more central location (big ITC fan here) but I didn’t - the public spaces were buzzy but not too loud for me. Poolside tables were popular when the weather allowed.

I walked 5 min to a mall area for a haircut and there are other easily accessible services and restaurants nearby serving large number of hotels in aeroCity.

Overall I would return just for something different and the airport proximity - pleased Hyatt has this option, location, and reasonable price point for future visits to DEL.
ebayj likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:02 pm

I am currently an Explorist with 55 nights and in order to get to 60 nights I was planning on staying at the Andaz Delhi for 2 nights next week. I also have 8 club access awards and 2 Suite upgrade awards but I am wondering if I will be entitled to have breakfast in the restaurant with either of those awards. Any suggestions on how to avail the breakfast option on an award?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by svasandani
I am currently an Explorist with 55 nights and in order to get to 60 nights I was planning on staying at the Andaz Delhi for 2 nights next week. I also have 8 club access awards and 2 Suite upgrade awards but I am wondering if I will be entitled to have breakfast in the restaurant with either of those awards. Any suggestions on how to avail the breakfast option on an award?
No. You would only be able to have breakfast if they had a lounge to use your certs at.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by US @ DEN

First time staying at Andaz - and this location - really appreciated the property for its balance between whimsy/local flavor/design and business amenities. At check-in, I was offered paid suite upgrade including breakfast and airport transfers - it was a no-brainer. Room was very quiet, bed comfortable and I appreciated the separate living area w kitchenette. Only complaint were stains on the carpet which I’ve also experienced at other India hotels - I should have asked for a runway-facing view as I love plane-spotting. Breakfast buffet and fresh selections were amazing - enjoyed the Juniper bar for happy hour drinks - and ordered room service one night and it was hot and tasty. The gym, steam, and spa services were great escapes (although the spa special running on the TV was no longer available when I inquired). Staff was available and helpful when needed for driver and business center issues. I thought I would miss a lounge and a more central location (big ITC fan here) but I didn’t - the public spaces were buzzy but not too loud for me. Poolside tables were popular when the weather allowed.

I walked 5 min to a mall area for a haircut and there are other easily accessible services and restaurants nearby serving large number of hotels in aeroCity.
Overall I would return just for something different and the airport proximity - pleased Hyatt has this option, location, and reasonable price point for future visits to DEL.

About how much was the offered upgrade ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.