Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I'm planning on staying here quite regularly but I won't be paying £13.50 for an egg and a couple of slices of bacon
Distract all the staff* and help yourself from the hot buffet while they're not looking?

* by asking to pay your bill, for instance

More seriously, I agree the hot options aren't worth an extra £13.50!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by christianj
Do you stay at Heathrow very often? Virtually NO hotels at Heathrow offer an airport transfer. You have to take the bus.
I don't. Familiar only with the Hilton and Sofitel.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was somewhat surprised to see on reading the (very) fine print that technically there is no Diamond breakfast benefit at Hyatt Place:

Benefit not valid when staying at Hyatt Place properties, Hyatt House properties, or Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
I've never stayed at a Hyatt Place (granted all in US) that didn't include free breakfast for all guests....same with Hyatt House.

Do they offer day rooms here? I was looking to book a room for my parents when they transited through London, but it was about 2 weeks before this HP opened.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't. Familiar only with the Hilton and Sofitel.
Lucky you as virtually all the hotels billed as Heathrow Airport hotels don't offer their own shuttle services and you need to use the Heathrow Hotel Hoppa Bus to get to the hotels.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Lucky you as virtually all the hotels billed as Heathrow Airport hotels don't offer their own shuttle services and you need to use the Heathrow Hotel Hoppa Bus to get to the hotels.
Many of the hotels are accessible by local bus in the LHR free travel zone:

http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...d_Heathrow.pdf
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Many of the hotels are accessible by local bus in the LHR free travel zone:

http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...d_Heathrow.pdf

Thanks for clarifying that there is a free local bus option as well as the Hoppa. To most....a bus is a bus (free or not) which is a big difference to a hotel having it's own or even a shared shuttle that doesn't stop multiple times and require the studying of a route and even a schedule. My point was to inform Kacee that being a a hotel being a "Heathrow Airport Hotel" does not guarantee a hotel specific shuttle bus.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Quirky but nice

Stayed here for an overnight layover. We had 4 of us in a room, and it was tight but manageable for a single night. Hotel is nice and new. Didn't receive any Diamond room upgrade, but was offered choice of amenity (took the points). Was provided drinks and snacks upon check-in (which was an early check-in) and a few breakfast items as we were leaving (left early, so no time for full-breakfast).

Service was very friendly and attentive, but was quirky. Examples:

- Booked a car to/from LHR via email in advance. Never received acknowledgement that car was in fact booked, and ended up having Hyatt_Concerige on Twitter verify that it was booked.

- On arrival at LHR did not see anyone holding a sign with our name. Had to call hotel. Driver was out waiting in parking area, but ended up coming in and finding us. He was perturbed, but I explained I received no notification from hotel that we should go to parking area to find him. He complained to hotel, but hotel insisted it was a meet-n-greet and he should've been inside waiting. Hotel staff apologized to us and didn't charge us for the transfer, so they made good in my opinion.

- At check-in I asked them to verify we had car booked for return to LHR the next morning, but they had no record of it despite my having set it up weeks before via email. No problem to schedule it, but good thing I asked.

- Ate dinner in the restaurant. Had 3-4 people waiting on us and it was a bit confusing. At one point this lady came to take our order and another guy came over and nudged her aside and said he'd take care of it. She offers him her pencil and pad, and he refuses. After giving our orders and then having him repeat and us verify, he goes away. Our food comes and my wife's simple order of Caesar salad w/no meat and dressing on the side, comes piled with bacon and chicken on it. This gets returned and brought back without the meat, dressing on the side, but dressing all over the salad too. Finally they return with an undressed salad. Guy should've accepted the pencil and pad to write down our order

Overall, I was happy with this hotel. It's about 20 minutes to LHR by car, so it doesn't quite qualify as an "airport" hotel IMO, but the location served our purposes (trip to HP Studio Tour) quite well.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Research indicates a 140 bus from LHR and a ½ mile walk, at a cost of £1.50 (as it's ouside the Airport free zone).

This compared with a £15 / £20 arrangement from the hotel.

Are there any other reasonably priced options between the airport and this hotel?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:03 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We stayed there on Friday night. Property is still pretty quiet and the front desk staff are still not really up to scratch although very pleasant. No Diamond recognition and not recognised as returning guest.

Had room X02 which was the same room but on a different floor to our previous stay. The AC wasnt on when we got to the room and it was warm. Set the AC to cool and 19 degrees but as on our previous stay stubbornly sat at 23.5 degrees all night - very warm.

Diamond breakfast seems to be sorted out. I was told that as Diamond we could have the full breakfast which is good although the cold buffet is pretty varied anyway.

Will be our regular MR replacing the Andaz as it's regularly less than half the price of the Andaz although not the same experience.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by mangoMan
- Booked a car to/from LHR via email in advance. ...
- On arrival at LHR did not see anyone holding a sign with our name. Had to call hotel. Driver was out waiting in parking area, but ended up coming in and finding us. ... Hotel staff apologized to us and didn't charge us for the transfer, so they made good in my opinion.
- ... verify we had car booked for return to LHR the next morning, but they had no record of it despite my having set it up weeks before via email. No problem to schedule it, but good thing I asked.
Understanding that they didn't charge you for the car from the airport, do you know if charges for cars they arrange from and to the airport are usually included on the hotel bill (or paid for separately)? If included on the hotel bill, do you know if they generate Gold Passport points? Thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The pictures don't at all look like HPs in the USA--they're more like some of the very new HRs.

BTW, is this the same hotel as the Heathrow Hayes HP or are they different? AFAIK there's only one HP near LHR, and it's very new.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

BTW, is this the same hotel as the Heathrow Hayes HP or are they different? AFAIK there's only one HP near LHR, and it's very new.
It is the same place ...

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by serfty
Research indicates a 140 bus from LHR and a ½ mile walk, at a cost of £1.50 (as it's ouside the Airport free zone).

This compared with a £15 / £20 arrangement from the hotel.

Are there any other reasonably priced options between the airport and this hotel?
Uber TO the airport should be reasonably cheap. (Uber from the airport has a £4 surcharge, IIRC)
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Understanding that they didn't charge you for the car from the airport, do you know if charges for cars they arrange from and to the airport are usually included on the hotel bill (or paid for separately)? If included on the hotel bill, do you know if they generate Gold Passport points? Thank you.
The car transfer was on the bill. It did not appear to generate GP points. Neither did the meal we ate in the restaurant, which I thought should generate points.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The pictures don't at all look like HPs in the USA--they're more like some of the very new HRs..
There are differences in brand standard for different continents: http://hyattdevelopment.com/brands/h...es_europe.html

I do like that the lobby area can be a bit more luxurious (like at the HP AMS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.