Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - closed 31 OCT 22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Quite a negative pre-arrival experience so far:
  • The hotel apparently doesn't read their email at the moment. Even after I called and an agent promised to get back to me nobody ever did
  • I booked because of the Heathrow transfer service which is advertised on their website. I called up and apparently they've decided not to offer it any more. No particular reason, but there's now an added hassle and expense to get to and from the place
Was there previously any free or even discounted transport to this hotel being arranged by this hotel? After tFl no longer had the free Bath Rd/airport zone, I assumed there were only the options that cost something (unless wanting to do the not so nice walk from close to the LHR central bus terminal).

I just take the public tFl buses to get to the hotel. They take contactless bank cards, covers more hours than the Hotel Hoppa bus, and is cheaper than the Hotel Hoppa bus and taxis (some of which may not be too thrilled about having a short distance ride).

The hotel staff follow-through is sort of weak. i found them to be reasonably pleasant in person with me, but that doesn’t do much when responsiveness and follow-through is needed.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 1, 2022 at 12:31 pm
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Not free or discounted, but their website advertises 25 pound Heathrow pickups which are a lot easier than hoping for an Uber in the middle of hell travel week and a lot cheaper than Blacklane which comes in at 80 pounds. Public buses are not so useful when you're one guy with 4 suitcases.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Was there previously any free or even discounted transport to this hotel being arranged by this hotel?
When this hotel first opened back in 2016 or 17 I arranged for the hotel pick-up from Terminal 4, precisely to avoid the hassle of getting to T3 then the city buses. Can´t recall how much it cost but I don´t believe it was a hotel-branded shuttle bus.

Once the HP on Bath Road opened, this hotel in Hayes basically dropped any pretense of being a "Heathrow" hotel...

Hayes is only a feasible option for people using Terminals 2 or 3 and travelling light.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by craigthemif
When this hotel first opened back in 2016 or 17 I arranged for the hotel pick-up from Terminal 4, precisely to avoid the hassle of getting to T3 then the city buses. Can´t recall how much it cost but I don´t believe it was a hotel-branded shuttle bus.

Once the HP on Bath Road opened, this hotel in Hayes basically dropped any pretense of being a "Heathrow" hotel...

Hayes is only a feasible option for people using Terminals 2 or 3 and travelling light.
Is it because:
  • the (N/X)140 is perhaps the only reasonable (no transfer required) rail/bus option connecting LHR and the hotel,
  • there's still a good 10-15 minute walk between the bus stop and the hotel, and
  • this bus only runs from the LHR-bus terminal which is adjacent only to LHR-2 and LHR-3?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I completed a one-night stay here last weekend - I had a ~27 hour layover at LHR on my way home from Europe. We decided we’d kill the time by renting a car for a day and driving around various parts of west London we’d never seen. This hotel accommodated three people in a room and at only 5k points was a good bargain compared to paid rates around LHR.

Parking is £13/nt and was waived since we were on an award stay. We booked and received a king bed with sofa bed room, no upgrade as far as I could tell but the hotel seemed very busy. The area isn’t very pleasant, mostly industrial, but there are a couple restaurants across the street. We ate at Lock and Quay which was located at marina nearby, around a 7 minute drive, which was very pleasant.

The room was clean and quiet, some of the furniture was a bit worn down but nothing major. I appreciated the sofa bed (which seemed pretty plush) was already made up for our son when we arrived. There’s only a few inches of clearance between the sofa bed and bed so it would be very tight to have 3+ people in this room for more than a night.

The property doesn’t look like a typical HP inside and I would have assumed it was built for another brand. Breakfast was a bit nicer than Typical HP (fixings for the full English) and they cook eggs to order on the weekend.

I wouldn’t use this as a LHR layover hotel unless I was going to have a car anyway.

Room: King Bed with Sofabed

Bathroom

View from room
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by River in Sight
The property doesn’t look like a typical HP inside and I would have assumed it was built for another brand. Breakfast was a bit nicer than Typical HP (fixings for the full English) and they cook eggs to order on the weekend.

FWIW This hotel was purpose-built as an HP. The empty lot next door was ear-marked for a HH, but that project clearly isn't happening any more.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:51 am

I completed a one-night stay here last weekend -

View from room
Man, that picture belongs in the Crappy View From My Hotel Room thread
River in Sight likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:30 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I
I wouldn’t use this as a LHR layover hotel unless I was going to have a car anyway.
Thanks for the recent review. I wanted to home in on this line as we'll have a layover at LHR in January. (We actually have one on either end of the trip due to bad connect timing, but the inbound has a bit more time so we're going into London at a Hilton).

We arrive at 16:20 and leave the next day at 13:50, so less than a full day. We would not plan to have a car, but love to wander about if there are any places nearby to wander- even a local pub or something.

For transport from/to the airport it seems like there are a variety of options. I've seen prices like GBP 25, assuming that is one trip and would include both of us (amusingly, advance purchase on HEX all the way into London can be had for GBP 22 return ).

I also see that it is possible to walk from/to LHR T5 (and I'm assuming that AA will still fly out of T5 by that time, but those speculations are housed in another forum ). We actually love to talk, and this doesn't seem too bad- along the airport perimeter. (And, yes, I'm inherently cheap, but the base is that we really do love to talk and this is only about 2 miles ).

Thoughts from those that have been there?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp

Thoughts from those that have been there?
You appear to be confusing this hotel in Hayes with the HP located on Bath Road on the airport perimeter. There is zero chance of walking from Hayes to Terminal 5 to catch a flight...
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:02 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
You appear to be confusing this hotel in Hayes with the HP located on Bath Road on the airport perimeter. There is zero chance of walking from Hayes to Terminal 5 to catch a flight...
Yikes. Yes, I do appear to have the wrong thread. Apologies!

Cheers.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Kacee
(June 2016) They shouldn't advertise it as "Heathrow" if they don't offer free airport transport. …
They shouldn't advertise it as "Heathrow" if it’s 6 miles and 20-30 minutes driving time from Heathrow. In fact, as per Hyatt.com it’s not “Heathrow” anymore, it’s “Hyatt Place West London Hayes”.

… confusing this hotel in Hayes with the HP located on Bath Road on the airport perimeter. ...
Originally Posted by brp
Yikes. Yes, I do appear to have the wrong thread. Apologies! Cheers.
Mods: suggest changing the thread title, might decrease confusion. Maybe “The Hotel Formerly Known as Hyatt Place London Heathrow Hayes, now Hyatt Place West London Hayes” or “THFKAHPLHH now Hyatt Place West London Hayes” (even though (TAFKAP) probably never stayed there as it opened a month after he passed).
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs down Hyatt Place Hayes UK Closing For Good 31 Oct 2022

Received this message this morning Dear Guest,

Thank you for confirming your reservation at Hyatt Place West London Hayes. We thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and Hyatt hotels worldwide.

At this time, we would like to inform you that, for reasons outside our control, Hyatt Place West London Hayes will close as of 31 October 2022 and will no longer be operating as a hotel.

We will start to relocate your reservation to the Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, The Grove, Bath Rd, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0DG, UK under the same conditions.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this unexpected situation may have caused, and we hope to welcome you to another Hyatt hotel in the future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Warm regards,

ROBERTO SANZO

GPS Support Manager

Global Property & Guest Services

EAME

Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Hotel is closing as of 31st October as indicated in another thread. Have asked moderators to merge the threads.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"for reasons outside of our control"?!?!?!

I'd be willing to bet that this hotel becomes a refugee centre or something where the owners will make far more money from the government than operating as a hotel. But something fully within the owners control for sure...
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:51 pm

Bummer. This was my first choice Heathrow layover hotel and my "London"-when-I-can't-afford-London hotel. Nice grocery store nearby. I'll miss it.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.