Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond

Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center

13200 E 14th Pl Aurora, Colorad US 80011

Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center REVIEW-MASTER THREAD (0 Photo)

Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center

According to the person who checked me in the hotel just opened on 29 Mar and i stayed there 9 Apr.  This hotel is right across the street from the very large Anschutz medical center.  If I had to guess I would say that they couldn't have been more than 10% capacity.  With this being said I was hoping for a possible nice upgrade as a diamond.  Unfortunately I got an executive king room that I had booked.  I had mentioned that I stay in the area once or twice a month(which is true) and said this might be my new place.  No dice though.  Still it was a nice room.  King size bed with a nice couch.  There was also a little desk in the room.  A little bit of a weird setup as the TV was more setup for watching while sitting on the couch and not while laying in bed.  Not a big deal just thought it was a little odd.  There is a regency lounge but it was not open while I was there.  They said they were not sure when it would be open.  Stopped by their restaurant Borealis.  There were only four other people in there the entire time.  Two others at the bar and two people eating dinner at a table.  We just had a couple beers and one of their pizzas which was very good.  Our bartender Michael chatted with us quite a bit since he really didn't have any other customers.  He was telling us that the chef they have is somewhat famous.  I don't know chefs but my wife who does seemed impressed.  Since the lounge wasn't open breakfast was served in the restaurant.  We got there about 9 am on Sunday and we were the only ones in there until the very end of our meal two other groups showed up.  Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.  I hope that when the lounge does open that they will still give diamonds the option of taking their breakfast there although I doubt it.  I did wonder around the property quite a bit and there is a large convention center space.  The fitness center looked pretty nice and is open 24hrs a day.  The pool is on the second floor, it is heated and pretty small.  They do have some parking spaces out front which is where we parked so we didn't use the garage.  Overall this was a very nice property.  The staff was constantly asking if they could do anything for us.  Although once this place starts to fill up I'm sure it will change.  At times it felt like staff to guest ratio was 2:1.  If you need to stay in the area this would be a good choice.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I stayed at this hotel last Friday. It was a ghost town at the hotel.

First off, getting to this hotel is quite interesting as if you go the wrong way, you will go through some interesting neighborhoods.. I get what they are doing, as they are trying to revitalize the area near the hospital, but there are some questionable areas around the property. I never felt unsafe, but it is not the typical Hyatt location

There is a parking garage next to the hotel, but I found one of the five parallel parking spots out front, that was mentioned in the OP's review - thanks for that insight. The garage is $12 per night and is apparently a city garage. The parking right out front is supposed to be signed soon to a limited time frame, but this has not happened yet. Even after that is done, there is still ample street parking, but it does fill up with the neighborhood residents... Valet parking is also available.

Front desk staff was friendly, but did not seem overly knowledgeable. They were iffy about the parking situation and just did not seem to have that finesse as of yet.

The Regency Club is on the second floor. It is a decent size, and was great since I was the only person in it at the time. If the hotel was full, it could be a little tight. Beer / Wine for fee. However, it was at the reduced prices like at other RC's. The club attendant was very nice and even waited around since I arrived close to closing. He hung out and continued to serve. The only food at that hour was dessert. The interesting thing is that I was told at check-in that the lounge was closed Saturday morning, so breakfast was in the restaurant... I was leaving too early for breakfast, so it did not matter.

Room was spacious, fresh, and not totally decorated with uncomfortable overly modern furniture. I actually found it quite comfortable. There is a semi desk / table near the TV, but his room had the alcove with the additional desk. It is indeed in a weird layout, but at least there is a desk.

Overall, I really liked the hotel and was happy that this is located so near the airport. My only issue is the parking fee as most other hotels in the area do not charge for parking. I know it is a petty thing, but if price were the same with other properties, I would likely skip due to the parking situation and the fact that there are not many restaurant options in the immediate area.
Attached Images       
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Not that much to ad to the quality review above, except be aware the garage does not have in and out privileges with your room key. Plan accordingly.

As noted the hotel primarily serves a convention center and a large medical facility. From the logos on the building I'm guessing it is a state teaching hospital. (Seemed to rub off on the hotel, which seemed "sterile").

I'm crossing my fingers about what final amount to hit my credit card will be. The Diamond thing seemed to be a mystery to the FDC.

Last edited by jayer; Aug 24, 2016 at 8:09 pm
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
I have a stay here this coming Friday night, but was considering other Hyatt options. I called today to see if the Regency Club would be open this weekend, and was told no. I am assuming that the 2500 point bonus will apply, so I'll follow thru with the stay.😁 If it turns out not to be the case, I will report as such.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was there last Sunday night and the club was open Monday morning for breakfast. I did get the bonus points still, so that was a nice surprise. The stay showed up as a Hyatt Place on my credit card.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
I have a stay here this coming Friday night, but was considering other Hyatt options. I called today to see if the Regency Club would be open this weekend, and was told no. I am assuming that the 2500 point bonus will apply, so I'll follow thru with the stay.😁 If it turns out not to be the case, I will report as such.
I just stayed there this past weekend (Friday night), the lounge was closed Saturday and Sunday. They didn't proactively post the 2500 points, but HGP @HyattConcierge added it within a couple minutes of the request.

Other information from a mini-review:
- Can confirm, still 5 spots out front for free parking, not signed yet.
- I had in & out privileges with keycard in the parking garage next door.
- I asked for a suite if available (it's fun to see the nicer rooms in different hotels). They upgraded me to a Regency Suite King. The pictures on the website are lacking - it shows the bedroom and main bathroom. The other half of the suite has a good sized pull-out couch, another huge tv (60"?), plus another bathroom (toilet/sink).
- Breakfast at Borealis was really good. I had to remind the front desk that it should be taken off of the bill, but they didn't have any problems doing so. I'm wondering if they just don't get a lot of diamonds?
- No issues with late checkout. Asked for 1:30, granted right away.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any recent reports from there?
A fairly new hotel - seems like the best choice in general airport vicinity...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I like to stay at this property when traveling to Denver every few months, as it's on the outskirts and I can avoid the heavy traffic.
- It's pretty new and generally quiet.
- I agree with the odd location and the residential neighborhood behind and to the side of the hotel. Nothing scary, just feels out of place.
- It seems most of the time I stay, the RC is closed due to low occupancy. I get free breakfast in the restaurant Borealis. Pretty good food choices and delicious.
- I always book the cheapest room and I usually get upgraded, sometimes a suite (I have been in the Regency King Suite and Presidential Suite) and sometimes a corner room on the high floor.

I'll be back again in a couple of weeks if there is anything you would like me to look into specifically.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
What's the traffic like from this hotel to Convention Center downtown? The HP, HR and GH downtown are all around $400 during Outdoor Retailer Show in January, so I'm considering staying here.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
What's the traffic like from this hotel to Convention Center downtown? The HP, HR and GH downtown are all around $400 during Outdoor Retailer Show in January, so I'm considering staying here.
It really depends on the time of day. I recall driving to the downtown area near Union Station for an 8am meeting and it took me about 40-45 minutes. However, I ended up using local surface streets (west on Colfax... tons of traffic lights), as the 225/70/25 route had heavy traffic. Since the Convention Center is slightly closer, you can probably do it in 30-40 minutes. On a good day
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
Did anybody have any meetings in one of this hotel's board or smaller conference rooms? Any feedback based on your own experience, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated. Also, any idea as to the taxi costs to and from Denver airport or does the hotel provide a free shuttle service? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just spend 3 nights here last week. Regency Club was closed for the winter due to low occupancy, reopen sometime in March. Down side is no snacks, evening appetizers, coffee anytime, Perrier or Badoit, and everything else from a RC. Replacement was breakfast in the restaurant, which was actually very nice. I had steak and eggs one morning, and crab cake Benedict the other 2 mornings. FD agent gave me 2 drink coupons for RC closure. The old 2500 points for RC closure would have been much better.

There is no desk in the room to work and plug your electronics. This is a serious drawback for anyone who is on business and need to do some work in the room.

Location is remote for Denver. There is nothing around Aurora other than the medical center complex. My corner room looked out parking garage and the back of the hotel, which is a street with residential houses. I took Light Rail to downtown Convention Center the first morning. I will never do that again, took way too long going there and coming back. I drove the other 2 days. There was hardly any traffic at 9 AM into downtown, just a lot of traffic around the Convention Center.

Last edited by CIT85; Feb 2, 2018 at 1:51 pm Reason: Added comment on desk.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I feel like if a RC isn't going to have breakfast/snacks or anything, fine, most often, I prefer a restaurant breakfast anyways and don't really 'need' the snacks all day anyways, but at least keep the coffee machine plugged in and the refrigerator stocked.
IntlSalesGuy likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Thought I'd briefly refresh this thread as I just did a 1 night stay here last night. Pretty much every Hyatt in Denver was either sold out or the prices were sky high, so we ended up here for $209 before they too sold out.

I'd say that in general, this place is "fine". Nothing special, but clean and fine in a pretty sterile neighborhood across from the massive medical complex.

On the positive side, their outdoor patio was nice, the bartender made good drinks, and rooms were clean and fine for a mid range hotel.

There was no mention of a Regency Club at check in, so I'm assuming it is gone as there is also no mention of it on their website. The discussion above about street parking appears to no longer be applicable as well. All street spots that I saw were marked as "1 hour parking". Self park in the garage with in/out privileges was $12/night.

Uber to downtown restaurants was ~20 min and DIA was a ~25 min drive at 6;30am.

All in all.....definitely nothing special, but perfectly ok for what it is.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I just stayed here last night as I wanted a full service hotel, a little closer to the airport, and not downtown. I usually stay at the Hyatt Regency Tech Center, but decided to try something new.

Pretty empty right now, but nice staff. All restaurants are closed, but globalist breakfast is room service or pickup (anything you want) now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.