FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1740763-hyatt-newbie-lounge-2016-ask-your-questions-here-flame-snark-free.html)

WilcoRoger Jan 29, 2016 2:45 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 26094446)
If you don't see anything within 24 hours, I would call GP to make sure. You should definitely be able to see the different room type. When you received the confirmation email, did it show your room as a suite? It should have there.

Nearly a week gone by. The e-mail says "Premium Suite" which I'm happy with, the website still "King, non-smoking"

Going to call/tweet soon

skiladyldp Jan 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I need some guidance on Passport use. My husband has the Hyatt Passport account and it's at a platinum level since his Chase card gave it to him. We have recently applied for a Hyatt Credit card and are waiting for it to arrive. We also have a Hyatt Timeshare that allows us to dump and convert our timeshare points to Goldpass port, which I did this year. We are going on a big vacation in 2017 to Paris and I want to save up points for a nice hotel there.

Since I have never made reservations using Goldpassport I would like to know if I make reservation about 6 months to 9 months in advance, is the availability pretty good for standard rooms in Paris in the 5-star hotels?

DCF Jan 30, 2016 6:55 pm

I have a DSU question, as a newly minted Diamond.

I have applied DSUs to several bookings originally made at the AAA rate. But the confirmation emails (and website) now show a much higher nightly rate than I originally booked.

Is this normal? Does the original rate still get honored?

Gold Passport Concierge Jan 31, 2016 7:45 am

Could you please PM me the stay details and I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Rebecca S

Kacee Jan 31, 2016 7:48 am

Originally Posted by DCF (Post 26107779)
Is this normal? Does the original rate still get honored?

Yes it's completely normal since Hyatt "upgraded" its IT (lol).

Sometimes it changes back to the proper rate, sometimes it does not. I've not had a problem at check-in showing my original confirmation and pointing out this is a DSU reservation.

serpens Jan 31, 2016 10:38 am

I had read of this phenomenon even before the system upgrade (and I think I even experienced it), so I don't believe it is related. Since the system upgrade, I have applied only one DSU. For that one, the confirmation email did not have a higher price (although the agent warned me it might happen).

SportsTech Jan 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by skiladyldp (Post 26106541)
I need some guidance on Passport use. ...
Since I have never made reservations using Goldpassport I would like to know if I make reservation about 6 months to 9 months in advance, is the availability pretty good for standard rooms in Paris in the 5-star hotels?

There is only one 5 star Hyatt hotel in Paris, the Park Hyatt Place Vendome- one of my personal favorites, and one of Hyatt's most popular destination for points stays. Points room availability is generally quite good 6+ months out, with the exception of major events and perhaps some special holidays. I have stayed at the PH Paris on points 4 or 5 times and have always been able to book my target dates 4 or more months ahead. Cash and Points bookings have been less accessible.

The Hyatt Paris Madeleine is another favorite; haven't stayed in the Louvre property yet. Each of these properties has a specific thread with tons of additional info; well worth the read. Have a great trip!

skiladyldp Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

@Sportstech- thank you that is what I needed to know.

Virginia

nongsom Jan 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Just Match Diamond with SPG
1.In MY AWARDS it shows

The following awards are available in your account.
Free Night Award – Category 1 – 4

Your free night award is available to use at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide. Your award is valid for use through October 31, 2014
Awards
Earned:
Redeemed:
Available:
Expiration:
29 Feb 2016
Call to Redeem:
1-800-228-3360

Is it DSU or is it really free night ?

2.Where i can locate my DSU after login ?

gum Feb 1, 2016 4:59 am

What is the sense of the Daily Rate if not rebookable on short notice?

Dear GoldPassport Concierge,
dear fellow FTers,

please let me ask a question concerning the Daily Rate - which had in contrast to some promotions respectively weekend rates the option of rebooking and cancellation on short notice.

I searched prices for a stay in February in Cologne, Germany and got the
following "rate rules":

"Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.
Cancel 1 Day Prior 4pm Avoid 80 Percent of Full Stay "

Is this unabashed?

Many independently operated hotels still offer a cancellation policy 4pm/6pm local time free of charge.

Is this (relatively) new for Hyatt to charge 80 percent of the full stay?

Info or forwarding within the company by Gold Passport Concierge would be fine.

I am convinced that thus a cancellation/rebooking regime is not on par with market standards and not very competitive. :p

Mary2e Feb 1, 2016 6:44 am

In some hotels, the cancellation policy is 7 days or loose the full deposit.

However, I have never heard of losing 80% of the full cost of the stay.

peteropny Feb 1, 2016 7:07 am

Originally Posted by nongsom (Post 26112863)
Just Match Diamond with SPG
1.In MY AWARDS it shows

The following awards are available in your account.
Free Night Award – Category 1 – 4

Your free night award is available to use at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide. Your award is valid for use through October 31, 2014
Awards
Earned:
Redeemed:
Available:
Expiration:
29 Feb 2016
Call to Redeem:
1-800-228-3360

Is it DSU or is it really free night ?

2.Where i can locate my DSU after login ?

It's an IT glitch - the 4 free nights are really DSUs - since the free nights for cat 1-4 are only for credit card renewals, they shouldn't show more than 1 anyways. You're looking in the right place for the DSUs.

Originally Posted by gum (Post 26114235)
Dear GoldPassport Concierge,
dear fellow FTers,

please let me ask a question concerning the Daily Rate - which had in contrast to some promotions respectively weekend rates the option of rebooking and cancellation on short notice.

I searched prices for a stay in February in Cologne, Germany and got the
following "rate rules":

"Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy.
Cancel 1 Day Prior 4pm Avoid 80 Percent of Full Stay "

Is this unabashed?

Many independently operated hotels still offer a cancellation policy 4pm/6pm local time free of charge.

Is this (relatively) new for Hyatt to charge 80 percent of the full stay?

Info or forwarding within the company by Gold Passport Concierge would be fine.

I am convinced that thus a cancellation/rebooking regime is not on par with market standards and not very competitive. :p

While I never have seen an 80% fee for cancellation, the free cancellation up to the afternoon before the stay is the norm for Hyatt properties unless overridden by some corporate contracts

gum Feb 1, 2016 7:23 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 26114664)
While I never have seen an 80% fee for cancellation, the free cancellation up to the afternoon before the stay is the norm for Hyatt properties unless overridden by some corporate contracts

Thanks for clarification, peteropny!

I always thought it was some percentage for the first night and not the whole stay. I am sure that Hyatt should rethink this calculation.

The "Daily Rate" (aka rack rate) at other hotels is something like a business class fare - rebookable nearly anytime before take-off respectively check-in.

Lesson learnt, thanks.

Update 15:35 CET: Astonishingly enough the Hyatt in Cologne is offered with a flexible, "hot" rate at a booking portal. This is cr*p if the own site quotes the nearly same rate which much less flexibility. :eek:

joecool1885 Feb 1, 2016 8:02 am

If it says "Avoid 80 percent full stay" I would think that'd mean you only pay 20%.

nongsom Feb 1, 2016 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 26114664)
It's an IT glitch - the 4 free nights are really DSUs - since the free nights for cat 1-4 are only for credit card renewals, they shouldn't show more than 1 anyways. You're looking in the right place for the DSUs.

Thank you peteropny ^

If i have 2 consecutive booking such as sunday night and monday night and i want to use DSU.
How many DSU would apply for this booking 1 or 2 ? :confused: