FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1740763-hyatt-newbie-lounge-2016-ask-your-questions-here-flame-snark-free.html)

RTW1 Feb 2, 2016 12:26 am

Originally Posted by gum (Post 26114235)
"Cancellation of this reservation is subject to the hotel cancellation policy. Cancel 1 Day Prior 4pm Avoid 80 Percent of Full Stay "

I am convinced that thus a cancellation/rebooking regime is not on par with market standards and not very competitive. :p

It's been the standard cancellation policy for most German properties for a while... and in my opinion there's nothing really wrong with it. It avoids speculative bookings that people cancel at the last moment and thus provides others with more availability on the date. And how often is it really necessary to cancel on the day of your stay?

And lots of corporate rates still have the more flexible cancellation policy.

This is what is specified in your reservation conformation:

CANCELLATION POLICY:
1 DAY PRIOR AT 4PM HTL TIME TO AVOID 80 PCT OF FIRST NIGHT

BryanL Feb 2, 2016 1:39 am

How often does it happen with Hyatt that a room will show available on a third party site but not on hyatts website.

I want to extend my stay in Danang and want to book the cheapest room, king room. I'm already staying at the HR for 4 nights ( I had booked a king room and used my DSU) and want to add on another 2 nights. Agoda is showing king rooms available but hyatt.com is showing only ocean view king for much higher.

I'm hoping hyatt website will show the king room soon. If not, what happens if i book a king room with agoda to extend my stay. Will HR make me switch rooms or can I continue in my suite?

gum Feb 2, 2016 2:08 am

Thanks to all of you for the (flame-free) answers

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 26119471)
It's been the standard cancellation policy for most German properties for a while... and in my opinion there's nothing really wrong with it. It avoids speculative bookings that people cancel at the last moment and thus provides others with more availability on the date. And how often is it really necessary to cancel on the day of your stay?

And lots of corporate rates still have the more flexible cancellation policy.

This is what is specified in your reservation conformation:

CANCELLATION POLICY:
1 DAY PRIOR AT 4PM HTL TIME TO AVOID 80 PCT OF FIRST NIGHT

Thanks, RTW1! I think any percentage of the first night is ok, but 80 % of the whole stay inacceptable.

So if you have a longer stay you should work around this rule by booking consecutive one night stays.....

danger Feb 2, 2016 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Dasanii (Post 26119652)
How often does it happen with Hyatt that a room will show available on a third party site but not on hyatts website.

I want to extend my stay in Danang and want to book the cheapest room, king room. I'm already staying at the HR for 4 nights ( I had booked a king room and used my DSU) and want to add on another 2 nights. Agoda is showing king rooms available but hyatt.com is showing only ocean view king for much higher.

I'm hoping hyatt website will show the king room soon. If not, what happens if i book a king room with agoda to extend my stay. Will HR make me switch rooms or can I continue in my suite?

I don't think it's uncommon as hotels sell blocks of rooms to third parties for them to on-sell. My suggestion would be to contact the hotel directly and ask if it's possible to extend your stay by one night. I would say there's a reasonable chance they will be able to quote you an amenable rate based on your existing reservation. It might be more but given you're already there for three nights it can't hurt.

cdancer20 Feb 2, 2016 6:57 am

Originally Posted by nongsom (Post 26119368)
Thank you peteropny ^

If i have 2 consecutive booking such as sunday night and monday night and i want to use DSU.
How many DSU would apply for this booking 1 or 2 ? :confused:

One DSU can be used for up to 7 consecutive nights at the same hotel.

zebranz Feb 2, 2016 8:05 am

New to Hyatt. Did a status match. Booked Grand Hyatt, Bangkok on 24 Jan, did BRG 24 Jan and no response. Is this normal CS for Hyatt?

peteropny Feb 2, 2016 8:14 am

Originally Posted by zebranz (Post 26120719)
New to Hyatt. Did a status match. Booked Grand Hyatt, Bangkok on 24 Jan, did BRG 24 Jan and no response. Is this normal CS for Hyatt?

No, they say BRG submission would be responded to in 48 hours or less. Perhaps your submission got caught in the IT glitch where some did not go through - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...read-wiki.html towards the end for details. I would resubmit.

zebranz Feb 2, 2016 8:40 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 26120762)
No, they say BRG submission would be responded to in 48 hours or less. Perhaps your submission got caught in the IT glitch where some did not go through - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...read-wiki.html towards the end for details. I would resubmit.

Thanks- 48 hours....

Just read the last few pages of thread referred. Seems like a challenge!

GloverParker Feb 2, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm asking this without snark, I promise. I'm pretty loyal to SPG, partially because engaging with them is easy - the website and app work, the plat line is empowered to solve problems and are always efficient. I status matched to Hyatt because, like many of us, I'm concerned about the Marriott takeover and influence.

However, I'm struggling a bit with Hyatt's technology and I'm trying to establish if it's just bad luck or a known issue -- the website seems to ALWAYS be down, DSUs can only be applied on the phone, there seems to be no way to see all my reservations in one place . . .I travel enough so that when I have the time, I want to address and solve the hotel issue, whatever it may be. Is that an unrealistic expectation? Or have I just had bad timing these past few weeks? It's been enough to make me re-think my options and preferences going forward.

cdancer20 Feb 2, 2016 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by GloverParker (Post 26123855)
I'm asking this without snark, I promise. I'm pretty loyal to SPG, partially because engaging with them is easy - the website and app work, the plat line is empowered to solve problems and are always efficient. I status matched to Hyatt because, like many of us, I'm concerned about the Marriott takeover and influence.

However, I'm struggling a bit with Hyatt's technology and I'm trying to establish if it's just bad luck or a known issue -- the website seems to ALWAYS be down, DSUs can only be applied on the phone, there seems to be no way to see all my reservations in one place . . .I travel enough so that when I have the time, I want to address and solve the hotel issue, whatever it may be. Is that an unrealistic expectation? Or have I just had bad timing these past few weeks? It's been enough to make me re-think my options and preferences going forward.

Yes and no. DSUs must be booked over the phone. Make sure u call the direct Diamond line for faster service. Otherwise no. The website has been completely out of wack since their "scheduled" downtime end of last year. There's a thread here on it but long story short, they need to fire all of their IT guys!

joecool1885 Feb 2, 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by GloverParker (Post 26123855)

Back in December, the website was down for about a week for maintenance (members warned in advance)--- since then, up until today I haven't experienced it being down again, and I've been on pretty frequently (Mattress run mid Jan-Mid March) To see all future reservations in one place, log into account. You'll see a brief account summary along with your next 2-3 stays in a small box in the upper right corner. Under the stays, you should see an option to view future reservations. Clicking that will show you all your upcoming stays)
I think they recently added an option for DSU online, though if you're having to call, it may be glitchy. Up until recently, DSU was solely available via calling HGP.

Kacee Feb 3, 2016 12:47 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885 (Post 26124353)
I think they recently added an option for DSU online

Does not exist.

emiabe Feb 3, 2016 9:39 am

Hello. My GP points will expire due to inactivity. I was given 3 options to extend the expiry date.

1) Stay at any Hyatt either using or not using points,
2) purchase 1000 points online for $24USD, or
3) convert points to airline miles; at a minimum of 5,000 points.

I am considering to stay at a nearby Hyatt even though I don’t really want to. (I'm planning for a vacation in April, which is after the expiry date.)

Are there any other options?

Thanks. :)

cdancer20 Feb 3, 2016 9:46 am

Originally Posted by emiabe (Post 26126783)
Hello. My GP points will expire in about a month due to inactivity. I emailed Hyatt and was given 3 options to extend the expiry date.

1) Stay at any Hyatt either using or not using points,
2) You can purchase 1000 points online for $24USD, or
3) You can convert your points to airline miles; this takes a minimum of 5,000 points.

I am considering to stay at a nearby Hyatt even though I don’t really want to. (I'm planning for a vacation in April, which is after the expiry date.)

Are there any other options?

Thanks. :)

Hi. This thread will be useful to you http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html

However the easiest thing to do is to dine at a Hyatt hotel. Anything other than alcohol will get you points. Make sure to save your receipt as I've heard it doesn't always post correctly.

emiabe Feb 3, 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 26126831)
Hi. This thread will be useful to you http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html

However the easiest thing to do is to dine at a Hyatt hotel. Anything other than alcohol will get you points. Make sure to save your receipt as I've heard it doesn't always post correctly.

Thanks cdancer20 for a quick reponse! Did search 2 newbie threads for keywords, but could not find info. Will check out the thread you mentioned.