Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
Can a SUA be applied to a reservation thats 3 nights on points and a reservation thats 3 nights in cash or do those need 2 SUAs? obviously same hotel and consecutive nights or can those be combined into one reservation?

Never had a situation like this before
Best and simplest way to do this is just to book using the “Pay My Way” Feature this is shown under the Member Rate or Standard Rate.

If you book this way you can easily apply (1) SUA for the entirety of the stay.
writetorich likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Best and simplest way to do this is just to book using the “Pay My Way” Feature this is shown under the Member Rate or Standard Rate.

If you book this way you can easily apply (1) SUA for the entirety of the stay.

Unfortunately this is allready booked and rebooking is not a possibility due to category change of the hotel
Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:36 am

Unfortunately this is allready booked and rebooking is not a possibility due to category change of the hotel
If you’re a Globalist just ask MHC and see what they say.

I ended up burning (2) for a stay of (3) nights + (2) Nights all consecutive same hotel, same room type booked because of the Category change.

Was told they could merge them and it would cost me the full points difference (25k) or I could use (2) SUA’s I used (2) for the stay. This was what MHC told me, but other MHC’s jump through hoops for their loyal Globalists so maybe yours is a good one.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

I ended up burning (2) for a stay of (3) nights + (2) Nights all consecutive same hotel, same room type booked because of the Category change.

Was told they could merge them and it would cost me the full points difference (25k) or I could use (2) SUA’s I used (2) for the stay. This was what MHC told me, but other MHC’s jump through hoops for their loyal Globalists so maybe yours is a good one.

Thanks,I am a globalist but I dont have a MHC yet till november so I guess I will just pass ok upgrading this stay 😀

Bummer but it is what it is 😀
Old Jun 8, 2024, 9:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, Mlife Noir, invol FT beta tester
Thanks,I am a globalist but I dont have a MHC yet till november so I guess I will just pass ok upgrading this stay 😀

Bummer but it is what it is 😀
In the absence of an assigned concierge you could also try calling the number from App > Contact > Globalist line, or Twitter/X DM to @ HyattConcierge
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 5:51 pm

Hi everyone. Is the current 30K bonus points bonus good? (I know it's up to 60k but the other 30k requires spending.) Or should I wait?
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
In the absence of an assigned concierge you could also try calling the number from App > Contact > Globalist line, or Twitter/X DM to @ HyattConcierge
I went this route, lets see what happens thanks
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:39 pm

I went this route, lets see what happens thanks
in the end I got denied by agent 1 and when I replied saying no problem I understand another agent replied saying sorry for the mistake we can take care of this for you and I ended up in the suite for all 6 days 👍 very nice outcome, just took a little work but thats ok

Thank you all for your advice
Old Jun 10, 2024, 5:07 am

in the end I got denied by agent 1 and when I replied saying no problem I understand another agent replied saying sorry for the mistake we can take care of this for you and I ended up in the suite for all 6 days 👍 very nice outcome, just took a little work but thats ok

When in doubt HUCA
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

So just to be clear, you used a single TSU for two separate but back-to-back reservations at the same property?
Old Jun 12, 2024, 4:07 am

When in doubt HUCA
indeed
Old Jun 12, 2024, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by danger
So just to be clear, you used a single TSU for two separate but back-to-back reservations at the same property?
yes that is correct however today when I checked my reservation the cash reservation has been changed to full suite price so 4x my room rate...
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:43 pm

Add one day to my reservation
I booked a hotel room for 10 days at Hyatt few months ago, I'll stay there next month. The daily price is about $300.
I need to stay 1 day earlier, the current price is $310. I tried to modify my reservation, I expected the first day is $310, and the original 10 days would stay at $300 each day.
After adding 1 more day, now it shows $310 for all 11 days. It doesn't make sense to me.
Is this Hyatt's normal way for modification?
Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by HSBC
Add one day to my reservation
I booked a hotel room for 10 days at Hyatt few months ago, I'll stay there next month. The daily price is about $300.
I need to stay 1 day earlier, the current price is $310. I tried to modify my reservation, I expected the first day is $310, and the original 10 days would stay at $300 each day.
After adding 1 more day, now it shows $310 for all 11 days. It doesn't make sense to me.
Is this Hyatt's normal way for modification?
Thanks!
Yes - I feel like this happens with most hotels. When you modify you’re essentially rebooking at the current rate.

What most here would do or recommend is just to book a separate reservation for the first night at whatever the going rate is which will keep your original reservation at the rate you booked.
HSBC likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:55 pm

Yes - I feel like this happens with most hotels. When you modify you’re essentially rebooking at the current rate.

What most here would do or recommend is just to book a separate reservation for the first night at whatever the going rate is which will keep your original reservation at the rate you booked.
+1 In this case, wouldn't I need a 2nd club access (or suite upgrade) award for the separate reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.