Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:36 pm

Does anyone know how long (if ever) an award takes to redeposit once canceled?

I'm in a fairly complicated situation, but need to cancel a points booking and then rebook the same room. the property has very limited availability. Is it usually same day? Instant? Sometimes never?

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by dval44

I'm in a fairly complicated situation, but need to cancel a points booking and then rebook the same room. the property has very limited availability. Is it usually same day? Instant? Sometimes never?

Thanks
I had a similar situation a few weeks ago. I did this over the phone with a Hyatt rep and my points were re-deposited back into my account within minutes.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:53 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

Thanks
Sometimes never. There's no assurance a cancelled room booked using an award would go back into award inventory. The best way to do this is to first book the new reservation and then cancel your current booking. You also might try doing this over the phone or using your MHC, but I haven't had much success with this in recent years.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:23 am

Thanks
Data point for everyone: both the points and the room availability were instantly redeposited and available.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If as a Globalist you make a Guest of Honor reservation for someone, who can cancel it?

You, him, either?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If as a Globalist you make a Guest of Honor reservation for someone, who can cancel it?

You, him, either?
anyone with your name and confirmation number lol
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Question from former SPG loyalist:

1) does Hyatt give multiple night credit if you book multiple room as Starwood used to do? Or is it one night credit as Marriott now does?

2) what about if I book rooms in different hotels on the same night?

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Question from former SPG loyalist:

1) does Hyatt give multiple night credit if you book multiple room as Starwood used to do? Or is it one night credit as Marriott now does?

2) what about if I book rooms in different hotels on the same night?

Thanks
No and no. One night credit per one real night regardless of location/room amount.
SHLTP likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Is there any way to get Hyatt or MGM MLife status other than matching to/from each other ... or actually (shudder) earning it? (I'm vaguely aware that Carnival or Celebrity cruise status might work, but I have no cruise line status so unless there's some convoluted way to match to one of those and then to Hyatt/MLife, it doesn't help me).
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:56 am

Hi, new to the Hyatt all inclusive resorts. We're excited Punta Cana's new resort is bookable for Nov, but when I went online to book using points, I can't seem to get pass the 2 adults and 1 child (2 yrs old) as it generates an error page. I thought this may be due to the new property and searched Cancun Ziva and same results. So my question is, can we book with 2 adults and email or call Hyatt later to request a baby crib w/o being charged extra points? What's the best way to go about this? I can't imagine they will do that given this is a family resort and the 3rd person is only a 2 year old baby, but then again, I don't know their policy. If they don't charge extra points for our 2 year old, do they have a policy where they will charge more points for the 3rd person once they hit a certain age (eg. child/ren is 10+)? Much appreciation for any helpful feed backs! Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by huge
Is there any way to get Hyatt or MGM MLife status other than matching to/from each other ... or actually (shudder) earning it? (I'm vaguely aware that Carnival or Celebrity cruise status might work, but I have no cruise line status so unless there's some convoluted way to match to one of those and then to Hyatt/MLife, it doesn't help me).
If you already have Caesars, you can match into MGM in Atlantic City. I don't think they will match in Vegas but possibly at some other MGM properties around the country where they have a local Caesars property in competition. Hyatt apparently hasn't done matches for a few years.
huge likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
I'm looking for a globalist to help book with Guest of honor. PM me. Not sure if this is allowed. please remove if not.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Hi, new to the Hyatt all inclusive resorts. We're excited Punta Cana's new resort is bookable for Nov, but when I went online to book using points, I can't seem to get pass the 2 adults and 1 child (2 yrs old) as it generates an error page. I thought this may be due to the new property and searched Cancun Ziva and same results. So my question is, can we book with 2 adults and email or call Hyatt later to request a baby crib w/o being charged extra points? What's the best way to go about this? I can't imagine they will do that given this is a family resort and the 3rd person is only a 2 year old baby, but then again, I don't know their policy. If they don't charge extra points for our 2 year old, do they have a policy where they will charge more points for the 3rd person once they hit a certain age (eg. child/ren is 10+)? Much appreciation for any helpful feed backs! Thanks!
Call.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:55 pm

Read up on the Andaz Maui thread... and did the trick where you book long, then call in to reduce to the # of nights you really want. Will be traveling with some friends and wanted to book theirs as well using Guest of Honor.

Can a similar trick be done? Call in to book 8 nights GoH and then call back and reduce to 5? Or are the phone agents able to book the 5 directly if all 8 are available?

====Edit===

On second thought, since I'll be there as well, probably simpler/better for me to just book 2 rooms in my name?

Last edited by FlyingChuck; Mar 2, 2019 at 9:45 am Reason: Adding Question
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:23 pm

Anyone know the following? If I upgrade my Hyatt card to the world of Hyatt card, will I have to wait a year from upgrading before I get another annual free night certificate???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.