Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Suite Upgrades May Not Be Usable For Stays Past Their Expiration Date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Suite Upgrades May Not Be Usable For Stays Past Their Expiration Date

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
At this time, there are no changes to the Diamond Suite Upgrade policy. We are always evaluating the Hyatt Gold Passport program and benefits, and any changes would be communicated to members well in advance.
I know I sound like a broken record--both Sandiego1K and I have said we should trust Gold Passport Concierge. I would add this is especially true if he or she has a track record of being credible--I am new too new to this forum to know whether this applies.

Note two components to what is being said: (1) No changes at this time, and (2) any changes will be communicated well in advance.

Changing the policy for DSUs earned from working towards Diamond status in 2015 for calendar year 2016 with DSU use in 2016/2017 (current rules) is NOT advance notice.

Stated differently--one is trustworthy and credible until proven otherwise. If this turns out not to be true--well--I don't know what the consequences are other than being irrelevant to FTers.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Note two components to what is being said: (1) No changes at this time, and (2) any changes will be communicated well in advance.
1. "This time" was the time it was written. Your current DSUs still work the same as always, at least from the customer POV.

2. They are already explaining the new policy to anybody that asks them. Well in advance.

We're both saying the same thing; you just have a different, more pollyanna interpretation.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
We're both saying the same thing; you just have a different, more pollyanna interpretation.
Are we? So DSUs appearing in our accounts at the start of calendar year 2016 will be valid until end-2017/early 2018?

And new policy will be effective for DSUs appearing in our accounts at the start of calendar year 2017 will be valid until end-2017/early 2018?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Are we? So DSUs appearing in our accounts at the start of calendar year 2016 will be valid until end-2017/early 2018?

And new policy will be effective for DSUs appearing in our accounts at the start of calendar year 2017 will be valid until end-2017/early 2018?
No and no.

I'd love it if you were to be proven correct. But you won't be.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd love it if you were to be proven correct. But you won't be.
Does it even matter? Can anyone actually use 4 DSUs in 12 months these days?

(And yes, I know it can be done, but wow I've been having difficulty using mine.)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does it even matter? Can anyone actually use 4 DSUs in 12 months these days?

(And yes, I know it can be done, but wow I've been having difficulty using mine.)
That's precisely WHY it matters!

You have effectively 24 months with which to use them now. That's about to be halved.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:35 am

That's precisely WHY it matters!

You have effectively 24 months with which to use them now. That's about to be halved.
More than just the 12 vs 24 months... how are we expected to apply them for March/April stays? Call Hyatt 3/1 first thing in the morning?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
to the topic... I called yesterday to apply a Feb 2016 expiring upgrade to a March 2016 reservation. I was told the policy had changed, that emails were to have gone out in November (not the case, of course) and that I could not do it. So am I to take from this thread that the agent was incorrect?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by l'etoile
to the topic... I called yesterday to apply a Feb 2016 expiring upgrade to a March 2016 reservation. I was told the policy had changed, that emails were to have gone out in November (not the case, of course) and that I could not do it. So am I to take from this thread that the agent was incorrect?
Suggest PM to GP Concierge or DM to Twitter team.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I applied a DSU 48 hours ago to a stay in the middle of the year without issue.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Upgraded Oct 2016 with DSU

Originally Posted by danger
I applied a DSU 48 hours ago to a stay in the middle of the year without issue.
I was also able to apply a DSU to an Oct 2016 reservation. (2 days ago.)

The CSR was apologetic that it was taking so long (5-7 minutes), saying she had to go into another system to apply a DSU beyond its expiration date. So maybe the other CSR didn't know how to do that?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by l'etoile
Called yesterday to get a mid-march reservation upgraded with DSU expiring in February. Agent said no issue and applied it, and shortly thereafter received a reservation change email. I asked if this was legal and she said you can apply DSU to any reservation that is eligible even well past the expiry date as long as the booking and DSU are done before the DSU expiry date.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I just used a DSU for the first time. Called to make the booking, but didn't discuss which years' DSU was being used.

Have received confirmation e-mail (a few days ago) but in my account DSUs expiring Feb 2016 still stand at 4. I cannot see where my 2016 DSUs are listed. How do I know which year's DSU has been applied?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:42 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the feedback. I got in touch with GP Concierge and should all be fine. Stranger is that the agent claimed she was taking it from my 2016 certs, which have not been issued. I questioned her about that and she said she was able to go into them already. I'm doubtful, but will definitely make certain all four are there come March. She put me on hold to pull the cert. A 2015 cert has not been taken for the reservation.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
4 DSUs are about to expire end Feb and I do not see any chances to use them... can they be extended or transferred to someone else? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.