FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1728427-grand-hyatt-sfo-review-master-thread.html)

Kacee Apr 16, 2019 7:50 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz (Post 31005720)
One can debate on comparable properties

There are no comparable properties, either in quality or convenience.

In addition to its convenience to the terminals, this property will be BART convenient as well, making it a viable option for those who need to be in SF.

TravelStar Apr 16, 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31006107)

I agree. I know I'd easily be willing to pay $100 more per night than the existing Hyatt Regency SFO. The new Hyatt is:

New
"Grand"
Essentially In-Terminal

iflyjetz Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31006107)

In addition to its convenience to the terminals, this property will be BART convenient as well, making it a viable option for those who need to be in SF.

well then, it's settled even though it's not much more than a shell right now.

iflyjetz Apr 16, 2019 9:36 am

Originally Posted by TravelStar (Post 31006412)
I agree. I know I'd easily be willing to pay $100 more per night than the existing Hyatt Regency SFO. The new Hyatt is:

New
"Grand"
Essentially In-Terminal

looks like $200/night more.

Kacee Apr 16, 2019 9:47 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz (Post 31006510)
well then, it's settled even though it's not much more than a shell right now.

There's really no credible basis to dispute that this property will be far superior to any other SFO hotel in both hard product and convenience. The market will determine the price, but I won't be surprised to see it command a significant premium over everything else out there. Though on the very cheapest weekends it will likely be available for under $200, similar to GH Union Square (where rates range from $150 to over $1000 per night, depending on demand).

TravelStar Apr 16, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz (Post 31006518)
looks like $200/night more.

That might work. Remains to be seen how "Grand" it actually turns out to be.
I usually park in short term parking at $36/day for the convenience. I'd be more likely to stay in Long Term and take the tram if I were to stay at the GH.

iflyjetz Apr 16, 2019 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31006560)
There's really no credible basis to dispute that this property will be far superior to any other SFO hotel in both hard product and convenience. The market will determine the price, but I won't be surprised to see it command a significant premium over everything else out there. Though on the very cheapest weekends it will likely be available for under $200, similar to GH Union Square (where rates range from $150 to over $1000 per night, depending on demand).

correct. There's also no credible basis that it will be far superior to any other San Francisco hotel.

Kacee Apr 16, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by iflyjetz (Post 31006747)
correct. There's also no credible basis that it will be far superior to any other San Francisco hotel.

Huh? Who said that it would be? It will be more convenient and have a better hard product than any SFO hotel. SFO is not "San Francisco."

iflyjetz Apr 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31006973)
Huh? Who said that it would be? It will be more convenient and have a better hard product than any SFO hotel. SFO is not "San Francisco."

I'll wait until the hotel opens before proclaiming it to be the best SFO hotel (it's a cat 5). Personally, I find the San Francisco Marriott Waterfront to be the best hotel near SFO. While I'm sure it will be competitive with the Marriott; I do not see it carrying a large premium over every other SFO area hotel.

helvetic Apr 18, 2019 11:06 am

Looks like a great new option in SF.

Hope it's not yet another of those domestic Hyatts that tries to charge guests for drinks at the "honor bar" — I hate this standard.

RichardInSF Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am

At the new terminal 1 public day yesterday, representatives of the GH were present. The rep said they expect it to open in October and it will have a Grand Club as well as a gym.

The pamphlet they handed out said it will have 361 rooms including 22 suites and 12 ADA accessible rooms. There will also be plenty of meeting space including a grand ballroom. There will be an all day restaurant called "Quail & Crane" which will include a sushi bar. There will also be a "market and bar" facility in the lobby.

dayone Jul 21, 2019 3:38 pm

"Now accepting reservations for October 1, 2019 and beyond."

But not bookable when I tried.

Fact Sheet

Maui4me1 Jul 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 31327513)
"Now accepting reservations for October 1, 2019 and beyond."

But not bookable when I tried.

Fact Sheet

i have 1 night booked in October and 1 in November

Kacee Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 31326836)
At the new terminal 1 public day yesterday, representatives of the GH were present. The rep said they expect it to open in October and it will have a Grand Club as well as a gym.

I wonder if the AirTrain connection will be done by then. Because it looks like there's an awful lot of work left on that.

JIMCHI Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 31014289)
Looks like a great new option in SF.

Hope it's not yet another of those domestic Hyatts that tries to charge guests for drinks at the "honor bar" — I hate this standard.

Why wouldn't they? Does any domestic hotel chain offer free liquor?