Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Based on recent posts (May 2023) the Grand Club is open with a nice-looking evening spread and is accessible via room key at other times.

AirTrain is generally recommended, but if you really want to walk from the terminals to the hotel, it's entirely possible (pictorial instructions in post 344)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:03 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver

Reported quotes from airport official states that a Grand Hyatt will be built near SFO and completed in 2019. Preliminary sketches in link. Will be on an Airtrain stop and not attached to the terminal.
http://travelskills.com/2015/12/01/n...irport-at-sfo/
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Reported quotes from airport official states that a Grand Hyatt will be built near SFO and completed in 2019. Preliminary sketches in link. Will be on an Airtrain stop and not attached to the terminal.
http://travelskills.com/2015/12/01/n...irport-at-sfo/
Should drop the $ on the Burlingame property. Look forward to it.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Should drop the $ on the Burlingame property. Look forward to it.
+1

So the average rate in Burlingame will drop to $300.

Crazy prices in the area at the moment, 8k or C+P is a steal for the property...

Years ago, they barely reached a three digit amount on weekdays.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by FD1971
+1

So the average rate in Burlingame will drop to $300.

Crazy prices in the area at the moment, 8k or C+P is a steal for the property...

Years ago, they barely reached a three digit amount on weekdays.

Cheapest I see on the norm is 180. (corp rate) Sad. My corp rate goes up about 10-20/year at all Bay area properties).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb New Grand Hyatt San Francisco Int Airport Hotel

Wow
This is a major announcement for a significant airport
My apologies if this has been previously shared

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...nd-hyatt-hotel

I am excited for this and only wish we had one in LA and JFK coming
Having said that a real Hyatt in Los Angeles is on the major wish list.A Grand or a Park. Even another Regency
2019 seems like light years away right now. Perhaps I'm just impatient
Cheers
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
That's great news, no more waiting for the airport shuttle as of 2019!!!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Wow
This is a major announcement for a significant airport
My apologies if this has been previously shared

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...nd-hyatt-hotel

I am excited for this and only wish we had one in LA and JFK coming
Having said that a real Hyatt in Los Angeles is on the major wish list.A Grand or a Park. Even another Regency
2019 seems like light years away right now. Perhaps I'm just impatient
Cheers
Isn't the LAX Concourse going to become a HR after the renovation is finished?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't the LAX Concourse going to become a HR after the renovation is finished?
Yes but that's a Regency
While it looks like it may be reasonably nice property
Its not a Grand like Grand Hyatt DFW one of our nations best managed airport properties with a delightful hard product
Not to mention one of the most Diamond friendly properties in the nation
I can think of a major hotel in a major city that could learn a thing or two from the Grand Hyatt DFW the only place I'll stay @ DFW
LAX Hyatt Regency will be certainly be welcome but the culture and experience wont likely be up to Hyatt Grand standards
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:39 pm
Suspended

I stay at the Grand Hyatt DFW often and I love it, but I would not throw out "one of the most Diamond friendly properties in the nation." I've stayed at many US Hyatt's from NYC to SF, that have been just as Diamond friendly!

\ns best managed airport properties with a delightful hard product
Not to mention one of the most Diamond friendly properties in the nation
I can think of a major hotel in a major city that could learn a thing or two from the Grand Hyatt DFW the only place I'll stay @ DFW
s
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I stay at the Grand Hyatt DFW often and I love it, but I would not throw out "one of the most Diamond friendly properties in the nation." I've stayed at many US Hyatt's from NYC to SF, that have been just as Diamond friendly!
Hi Radiant F you know I love a good challenge on my comments
To be clear everything's subjective and the eyes of the beholder and of course YMMV.
But lets look at their track record compared to other Hyatt properties including New York Properties and the other Hyatt's in San Francisco all of who I like very much
For an airport hotel and for Diamond guests you have the following attributes in my many years of staying with the property
A professional team with a friendly professional attitude at the front of the house and a management culture to make anything right that may fail.
Among the highest ratings/scores of any Hyatt Hotel in North America
They have come in number one before
More Diamond specific :
Upgrades consistently as available each and every time to a large lovely jr suite no DSU necessary and no need to even ask for an upgrade
Upgrades to the stunning presidential suite with complimentary wine cellar and free mini bar.Even on sold out nights and booked on an award booking ^
Double diamond amenity on select occasions
Outstanding breakfast typically no quibbles on dollar amount spent
Are you going to say the 5 star Park Hyatt in New York cough/choke does exactly the same?

Perhaps Andaz 5th Ave (but you must request and build your relationship with the hotel)
Personally cant think of to many other Hyatt properties that has that standard of recognition and I'm going on 30 years plus with Hyatt moving towards 4 million GP points
Some hundreds of nights in NYC and San Francisco in Hyatt hotels.
I don't congratulate properties or get gushy over others as some of the bloggers do out there unless historically they have proven themselves
Could argue that my stay there was better than the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo the last time I was @ Grand Hyatt DFW
There is Diamond friendly and there are those that exceed Diamond friendly
Having the Grand Hyatt @ SFO may make me leave the Downtown more if its good enough!
Which property wins in your estimation as equal or better in the cities you mention ?
Please share!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:52 pm
Suspended

I'll keep my reply short, my first interaction with the brand was at age 12, SF Regency a few years later I worked there, so I've had a very long relationship with the brand, as an employee and guest. I know the Grand DFW rates high, if you read my prior post raving about this property I mention that. BUT...in my Hyatt experience there are several properties that rate just as high, a few international properties that rate even higher.

I'm treated very well at all Hyatt's, I've had a few bumps like at the Park Hyatt NYC, but that is rare.

Hi Radiant F you know I love a good challenge on my comments
To be clear everything's subjective and the eyes of the beholder and of course YMMV.
But lets look at their track record compared to other Hyatt properties including New York Properties and the other Hyatt's in San Francisco all of who I like very much
For an airport hotel and for Diamond guests you have the following attributes in my many years of staying with the property
A professional team with a friendly professional attitude at the front of the house and a management culture to make anything right that may fail.
Among the highest ratings/scores of any Hyatt Hotel in North America
They have come in number one before
More Diamond specific :
Upgrades consistently as available each and every time to a large lovely jr suite no DSU necessary and no need to even ask for an upgrade
Upgrades to the stunning presidential suite with complimentary wine cellar and free mini bar.Even on sold out nights and booked on an award booking ^
Double diamond amenity on select occasions
Outstanding breakfast typically no quibbles on dollar amount spent
Are you going to say the 5 star Park Hyatt in New York cough/choke does exactly the same?

Perhaps Andaz 5th Ave (but you must request and build your relationship with the hotel)
Personally cant think of to many other Hyatt properties that has that standard of recognition and I'm going on 30 years plus with Hyatt moving towards 4 million GP points
Some hundreds of nights in NYC and San Francisco in Hyatt hotels.
I don't congratulate properties or get gushy over others as some of the bloggers do out there unless historically they have proven themselves
Could argue that my stay there was better than the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo the last time I was @ Grand Hyatt DFW
There is Diamond friendly and there are those that exceed Diamond friendly
Having the Grand Hyatt @ SFO may make me leave the Downtown more if its good enough!
Which property wins in your estimation as equal or better in the cities you mention ?
Please share!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Would much rather see a Grand Hyatt in downtown Oakland. This seems somewhat redundant given the SFO HR.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Would much rather see a Grand Hyatt in downtown Oakland. This seems somewhat redundant given the SFO HR.
Or an Andaz, PH (maybe downtown SF somewhere). Somewhere, (almost) anywhere.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:51 pm

I'll keep my reply short, my first interaction with the brand was at age 12, SF Regency a few years later I worked there, so I've had a very long relationship with the brand, as an employee and guest. I know the Grand DFW rates high, if you read my prior post raving about this property I mention that. BUT...in my Hyatt experience there are several properties that rate just as high, a few international properties that rate even higher.

I'm treated very well at all Hyatt's, I've had a few bumps like at the Park Hyatt NYC, but that is rare.
Do Share your bumps/special recognition in the PH NYC forum
I believe in my original post I did say within the nation
Congrats on being a past Hyatt Alumni!
I too go back many years with Hyatt
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
I have stayed here several times and GH DFW is far from it. Diamond check in is instead used by AA and I had to wait 30 minutes to check in. Also their service in the restaurant is sub par.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.