FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1728427-grand-hyatt-sfo-review-master-thread.html)

Xyzzy Feb 2, 2016 10:03 pm

The location is pretty darned close to where the on-airport SF:eek: Hilton used to be many years ago.

777 global mile hound Feb 2, 2016 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by siliconflyer (Post 26124580)
I have stayed here several times and GH DFW is far from it. Diamond check in is instead used by AA and I had to wait 30 minutes to check in. Also their service in the restaurant is sub par.

I don't doubt that you have had service failures
They need to be reported
Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns IMHO
If you have service issues you should address them in the individual property thread and or report it to Hyatt Guest Relations

siliconflyer Feb 3, 2016 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 26124757)
I don't doubt that you have had service failures
They need to be reported
Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns IMHO
If you have service issues you should address them in the individual property thread and or report it to Hyatt Guest Relations

Dear 777: "Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns". Why so? I am a Hyatt Diamond and this is my evaluation of Diamond recognition at this property. Does it not count?

And yes, I have complained and got some points in compensation. As well there is a standing open invitation for free lunch or dinner from this property. But I do not think I will take them up on it.

I had stayed several times at this property and do not think they are outstanding. YMMV as you are a regular at this property and ex-Hyatt-alumni. I just stated my opinion. Hope you do not mind.

777 global mile hound Feb 3, 2016 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by siliconflyer (Post 26128001)
Dear 777: "Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns". Why so? I am a Hyatt Diamond and this is my evaluation of Diamond recognition at this property. Does it not count?

And yes, I have complained and got some points in compensation. As well there is a standing open invitation for free lunch or dinner from this property. But I do not think I will take them up on it.

I had stayed several times at this property and do not think they are outstanding. YMMV as you are a regular at this property and ex-Hyatt-alumni. I just stated my opinion. Hope you do not mind.

Hi Siliconflyer
Upgrades and amenities that make up Diamond recognition are separate from service issues that aren't Diamond specific.
Your experience is certainly respected and understood as well as appreciated
To be fair this thread is really dedicated to the new Grand Hyatt in SFO
Stay experiences good and bad really belong in the Grand Hyatt DFW thread as do all our comments related to that property
Be nice to get back on topic!
Though we are all guilty of going off topic from time to time :eek:
I'm the champion there :D

In closing hotel failures happen all over the world if a property makes a gesture that means a lot to me as a guest which says we expect you to have a good experience.
In almost all cases I will be back unless the property have really crossed the line.Many concerns are likely to be isolated and forgiving is a good thing
if its a good establishment and you can likely have a positive experience on a future stay if not by all means move on!
We appreciate your participation on Flyertalk and the Hyatt forum^
Cheers

siliconflyer Feb 4, 2016 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 26129352)
Hi Siliconflyer
Upgrades and amenities that make up Diamond recognition are separate from service issues that aren't Diamond specific.
Your experience is certainly respected and understood as well as appreciated
To be fair this thread is really dedicated to the new Grand Hyatt in SFO
Stay experiences good and bad really belong in the Grand Hyatt DFW thread as do all our comments related to that property
Be nice to get back on topic!
Though we are all guilty of going off topic from time to time :eek:
I'm the champion there :D

In closing hotel failures happen all over the world if a property makes a gesture that means a lot to me as a guest which says we expect you to have a good experience.
In almost all cases I will be back unless the property have really crossed the line.Many concerns are likely to be isolated and forgiving is a good thing
if its a good establishment and you can likely have a positive experience on a future stay if not by all means move on!
We appreciate your participation on Flyertalk and the Hyatt forum^
Cheers

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we were all off the topic of the thread. My bad.

Andaz5 Feb 5, 2016 6:15 pm

This is good news for for Bay Area travelers, as I hate waiting for the shuttle when you arrive late and want to go to bed, bonus points that it's going to be a Grand Hyatt!

joecool1885 Jun 21, 2018 11:01 pm

As of the last day or two, GH SFO appearing when searching for hotels in San Fran. No bookable dates yet though. New images as well.

notquiteaff Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

What does the construction site look like today? I had completely forgotten about this project and didn't pay attention when I was last driving by the site four months ago.

jameswes Jun 22, 2018 11:09 am

Looks like it should have some really nice tarmac views!

Imagine that; three years after it was announced, and the opening is still on track for 2019!

Here's the hotel website:
https://sfo.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Located at the entrance to SFO Airport, Grand Hyatt at SFO will sit on a 4.2 acre site close to terminal buildings and parking garages with direct accessibility via an AirTrain station to the terminals. Slated to open in summer 2019, the 351-room hotel will have a fitness center, restaurant, bar and 15,000 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space.

Pat89339 Sep 9, 2018 11:33 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 29895024)
What does the construction site look like today? I had completely forgotten about this project and didn't pay attention when I was last driving by the site four months ago.

I took a couple of photos when we were stuck in traffic on the way to the International Terminal last week.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4d26fdcd1.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...75321847f.jpeg

BullishGS Sep 9, 2018 3:23 pm

Any word if there'll be a grand club on the property?

caliform Sep 9, 2018 3:25 pm

Was this the reason the Airtrain was out for almost all of last month?

Kacee Sep 9, 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 30185953)
Was this the reason the Airtrain was out for almost all of last month?

Not exactly:

SFO is extending the Blue Line AirTrain from the Rental Car Center to the Lot DD Long-Term Parking Structure. This project includes two new AirTrain stations (one at Lot DD and one at the new on-Airport hotel) and system upgrades. As a result, periodic shutdowns of some roads around the Airport, as well as periodic nighttime shutdowns of the AirTrain, will be necessary through 2020 when the project is complete.
SFO Travel Alert

There is also construction on the new T1 which is impacting the AirTrain.

AFAIK, it's closed 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., not all day.
​​​​

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 30185383)
I took a couple of photos when we were stuck in traffic on the way to the International Terminal last week.

The new SFO normal, thanks to Uber and Lyft (which I am guilty of supporting).

caliform Sep 10, 2018 7:17 am

The AirTrain was out all day for several of the days I was passing through SFO last month, so I am guessing there's closures on top of that.

Aventine Sep 10, 2018 7:39 am

Originally Posted by erickliu (Post 30185950)
Any word if there'll be a grand club on the property?

A brand standard. There definitely should be.