Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

GPGIFT15 - 10% off Hyatt gift cards (and certificates?) if buy by 24 Dec 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

10% off gift card using promo code GPGIFT15.
Another FT poster suggests this promo code is active through Nov 24.

I bought my e-Gift Card and charged to my SPG BIZ AMEX card.
AMEX statement shows the charge as pending, with merchant listed as HYATT FULFILMENT MARYLAND.
Will hope this yields the standard 5% OPEN cashback, the same as last year.

One word of caution is that I was unable to get the GPGIFT15 discount to work fully when attempting to purchase a physical gift card.
The promo code showed the discount correctly on the Shopping Cart web page, but the discount is shown incorrectly on the final Billing Information page.
A $100 gift card shows as: $100 subtotal, -$10 discounts, $100 order total.
Would rather not hassle with any follow-up, so just bought the e-Gift Card instead.

Last edited by Colin; Nov 18, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:28 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Colin!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with our Website Team to see what is going on with the promotional code when purchasing Hyatt Gift Cards.

Thanks!

Sarah D.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
The order summary page shows the discount,but the order total appears unchanged.

Once you hit the purchase button,it shows everything correctly.

I was a bit leery to finalize the purchase ,so I took a screenshot of the summary page before actually purchasing. Once purchased,the correct total shows and is pending on my CC.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This is a new offer in a new year and deserves a new thread!!

I got the email and indeed it states the offer is open through Nov. 24 - it's clearly a black friday type deal.

Last year this generated bonus points for Hyatt hotel spend, so you don't lose the bonus that you would otherwise get when paying for rooms with your Chase Hyatt card.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:05 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Boraxo
This is a new offer in a new year and deserves a new thread!!

I got the email and indeed it states the offer is open through Nov. 24 - it's clearly a black friday type deal.

Last year this generated bonus points for Hyatt hotel spend, so you don't lose the bonus that you would otherwise get when paying for rooms with your Chase Hyatt card.
Done - split off current offer into new thread.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The order page still shows the arithmetic error. Also very annoying that Hyatt will not ship to a secure PO Box (even though USPS First Class is an option) but insists on a street address where anyone can steal you mail. Fedex is even more problematic when you are traveling for the holidays.

I guess I will just have to order the e-cert and forget about using these in Europe next summer.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
What is the difference between the physical gift card and the e-version? I am going to be in Asia next month and wondering if I can use one or both to settle room and other charges? I wouldn't mind shaving something approaching 10% off those charges...
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

worthless to get the certs for outside US - you will lose the 10% savings when the hotel converts the USD cert value into local currency at the hotel exchange rate, the same rate that is used if you gave the clerk $100 cash and asked for local currency
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

10% is better than nothing but considering all of the headache last year from properties not understanding how to apply the e-cert, I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Colin
worthless to get the certs for outside US - you will lose the 10% savings when the hotel converts the USD cert value into local currency at the hotel exchange rate, the same rate that is used if you gave the clerk $100 cash and asked for local currency
I know there are different reports all over the forums about some hotels really shafting folks on the conversion rate, but other hotels giving market rate (almost overly fair). I wish Hyatt would address the conversion rate specifically for Hyatt certs so that we could know we wouldn't get shafted when buying these for ourselves or as gifts. With that said, I wonder if I could call in to get the daily rate at the hotel and see how bad it is relative to market?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aschuett
....but other hotels giving market rate (almost overly fair)......
I would like to know where they are? Properties I have checked all use cash conversion rates at front desk which are all poor. I never use certs outside of USA/Mexico/Caribbean where bills are in USD.

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 22, 2015 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

the paper checks aren't worth it - the savings vaporize on the USD to local conversion while you give up the ability to recover the value if they are lost or stolen.

the e-Gift Cards have laughable security - I had the value stolen from last December's purchases - Hyatt did right and replaced the stolen value without too much hassle

The physical Gift Cards are the way to go.

I can also confirm the GPGIFT15 code works fine on actual purchase, despite the display Order Total mistake I showed in the original post
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TerryK
I would like to know where they are?
Guess I was looking at a thread from 2011. Even with the few positive stories, it still sounds like it's inconsistent.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ed-fairly.html

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Excellent Hyatts (<1%)

PH Buenos Aires. Gave official rate.
Bali Hyatt. Gave official rate.
Kathmandu Hyatt. Gave official rate.
Originally Posted by Firewind
Grand Hyatt Hong Kong: I had superb treatment all around at this hotel, and this was a part of it. (Still need to write a review.) I asked if the rate could be pegged to what was in the newspaper the day I handed my cert across, and it was done. ^
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aschuett
Guess I was looking at a thread from 2011. Even with the few positive stories, it still sounds like it's inconsistent.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ed-fairly.html
Thank you. However, official rate at BA is actually a poor rate. I have taken note of others.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Is the PH Maldives a good place to use these? From what I understand, everything is charged in US dollars anyways. Do employees there know how to use them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.