Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry for the delay...Yes it was 50k points total per night to reserve a room for my wife, 2 kids and a baby...(baby is free). The point transfer from Chase to Hyatt was instant. I did it while speaking to the representative on the phone. It took about 20 minutes since I was making reservations using both me and my wife's accounts. We go in a couple weeks so I will post an update about our trip when we return later in July.

Originally Posted by junks2010
I am about to do the same for my family for a trip early next year. Regarding the extra nights, did you get charged 25k +12.5k +12.5k per night? Was the point transfer from Chase to Hyatt instant? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Who is the best contact to email about upgrades. There was a good contact posted here for the Zilara and upgrades. Wondering if there is something similar at the ziva. Tia
Here are the email addresses from emails I've received from Hyatt Ziva. These may not be current as I communicated with them back in March.

Concierge: [email protected]

Upgrades: [email protected]

Transportation: [email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by benosufan
Sorry for the delay...Yes it was 50k points total per night to reserve a room for my wife, 2 kids and a baby...(baby is free). The point transfer from Chase to Hyatt was instant. I did it while speaking to the representative on the phone. It took about 20 minutes since I was making reservations using both me and my wife's accounts. We go in a couple weeks so I will post an update about our trip when we return later in July.
Children under the age of 13 pay $110 a night. This may represent a better value vs 12.5K per child per night. Since you are paying 50K per night - Hopefully you reserved two rooms per night to avail your family to double the space for the exact same points cost.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Children under the age of 13 pay $110 a night. This may represent a better value vs 12.5K per child per night. Since you are paying 50K per night - Hopefully you reserved two rooms per night to avail your family to double the space for the exact same points cost.
We are staying 3 nights on points and 4 on the certificates from Hyatt CC. The 4 free nights included the kids so no extra fees using the certificates. I wanted to book 2 rooms for the extra 3 nights but I was told they did not have adjoining rooms. So I opted to keep us all together in the same room at 50k points/night.

I just confirmed with concierge that we are upgraded to Ocean view for our entire stay. The free nights certificate and booking with points only gets you resort view.

Last edited by benosufan; Jun 22, 2017 at 5:12 pm
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:05 pm

Thank you.
If it is 50k points, why not ask for 2 connecting rooms (25k each per two guests)? That is what I plan to do .
Anyway, enjoy your vacation, and I am looking forward for the review.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
My thinking exactly.
I did not know that we can pay $110 instead of 12.5k points. It is definitely better in my case. I value my pts at 1.5 cent each.
Do you know how much is for a 15 yrs old? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thank you.
If it is 50k points, why not ask for 2 connecting rooms (25k each per two guests)? That is what I plan to do .
Anyway, enjoy your vacation, and I am looking forward for the review.
LOL I just posted this but I was told they do not have adjoining rooms. Let me know if you find out they have them. Maybe the lady I talked to was mistaken.

thanks
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My thinking exactly.
I did not know that we can pay $110 instead of 12.5k points. It is definitely better in my case. I value my pts at 1.5 cent each.
You are right about paying cash instead of using points. At $110/night that's less than 1 cent per point. Where did you find that info?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:25 pm

You are right about paying cash instead of using points. At $110/night that's less than 1 cent per point. Where did you find that info?
I just got that information from CodeAdam10, the post before mine.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:33 pm

LOL I just posted this but I was told they do not have adjoining rooms. Let me know if you find out they have them. Maybe the lady I talked to was mistaken.

thanks
I have not booked my stay yet. I am still waiting for JetBlue to release their schedule for end of Feb. The air tickets are so expensive for the week.
I am not sure whether or not you can make changes to the reservation, if you can, just ask for two rooms. When you get there, you can request for adjoining rooms. The worst case scenario is you just leave one room empty.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just got that information from CodeAdam10, the post before mine.
sorry I meant to reply to him. They have already upgraded us to Ocean View so we are happy with that. I will email the hotel and ask if they have adjoining rooms. But considering we are staying at the resort for Seven Nights for free it is hard to complain. We also used our Southwest points to book our airfare so we are only paying the fees associated with the airfare. If they have adjoining rooms I will post again
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:07 pm

I wanted to book 2 rooms for the extra 3 nights but I was told they did not have adjoining rooms.
They do have connecting rooms. Not sure if you want the hassle of switching things around now (or if they still have award availability for your dates) but you can do first 3 nights in two connecting rooms and then continue the remaining 4 nights in one of the same rooms which has two double beds.

Not sure but I believe they consider anyone above 13 an 'Adult' for occupancy purposes, which is around $220 per night.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:49 pm

Just called Hyatt to book a 6 night stay using free nights (4) and points (2).

During the week that I want, the hotel seems to have a 5 night minimum restriction.
The rep could not book my stay because she had to book the free nights individually and the reservation system would not show anything available for one night when she searched. This make no sense to me because I would book 6 nights total.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Just called Hyatt to book a 6 night stay using free nights (4) and points (2).

During the week that I want, the hotel seems to have a 5 night minimum restriction.
The rep could not book my stay because she had to book the free nights individually and the reservation system would not show anything available for one night when she searched. This make no sense to me because I would book 6 nights total.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
HUACA, rinse, repeat. Hyatt phone reps, even on elite lines, have really gone down the drain. Can't remember the last time I got what I needed accomplished with them on the first call.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
HUACA, rinse, repeat. Hyatt phone reps, even on elite lines, have really gone down the drain. Can't remember the last time I got what I needed accomplished with them on the first call.
I tried 3 different times. Same result.
It is a shame that they advertise no "black out dates" for the certs, and then put in restrictions to render the free night certs useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.