Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Well I would recommend the TT swim-up, I think the view is probably better since it is on the 2nd floor compared to some of the other swim-ups we walked by. I've only stayed in two swim-ups at any hotel. I had the TT swim-up on the end closest to the building but the best is in Zilara PUJ room 5101 haha but I won't ever go back there because of the extreme wind we had over New Years (I wore sunglasses during the beach celebration to keep some sand out of my eyes).
Right. Like I said, most swim ups just have a view of the resort pool and not even a good one.

I either want the TT one like you had OR oceanfront. Anything else would be worthless to me unless I had a group and/or with swim ups next to us.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:26 pm

if booking a std room with pts, and a club corner suite is avail at check in, any folks happen to know what the range of cash upgrade per night? Thx

Also, does Ziva allow a club corner suite upgrade with a GoH?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 8:36 pm

I've stayed at this property twice and am considering a 3rd family trip.

We noted during our stay last December they started charging for the previously free poolside and beachside cabanas "because of Covid".

Any recent stay reports -- is this charge sticking around? That was a major downgrade for our family, as we had used them daily our first trip.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by BookerT

We noted during our stay last December they started charging for the previously free poolside and beachside cabanas "because of Covid".

Any recent stay reports -- is this charge sticking around? That was a major downgrade for our family, as we had used them daily our first trip.
according to a recent dp on Facebook they are still charging and oversold so don't expect this to go away post pandemic.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: n/a
Im about to book a stay at this resort and all the cabana talk has me hesitant.
Should I be looking into another Ziva property?
Im only booking with points as an explorist and only the standard rooms are available for that
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by BookerT

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
according to a recent dp on Facebook they are still charging and oversold so don't expect this to go away post pandemic.
some recent visitors complained that the resort removed most of free ⛱ and installed many cabanas for a daily usage fee of almost $100 which also blocked many sides of nice ocean view; so, if wanting to secure shade & nice view, pay up! unless ppl visit the resort from Dec-Feb when may not need much shade from the sun/heat, the removal of many free beach palapas or pool umbrellas are not cool...
BookerT likes this.

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 19, 2021 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by br0wntown
Im about to book a stay at this resort and all the cabana talk has me hesitant.
Should I be looking into another Ziva property?
Im only booking with points as an explorist and only the standard rooms are available for that
booked Ziva Riviera here for Nov; will see what folks' reviews after grand opening in Sept
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:59 pm

Looking to book a room with points in Mid november. (stil trying to decide if we should split our stay up for the other cancun properties at ziva riviera, andaz maya, or GH)

Would I be able to book the TT with points? Has anyone thats not a globalist tried to upgrade to corner with either extra points or cash?
i saw one DP from user 168 who said that's not allowed but wondering if we can do points + cash.

Another question is, if you werent able to book the TT rooms or the standard corner suites, would you guys still recommend the ziva stay?

current an explorist with a WOH card
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:47 am

Looking to book a room with points in Mid november. (stil trying to decide if we should split our stay up for the other cancun properties at ziva riviera, andaz maya, or GH)

Would I be able to book the TT with points? Has anyone thats not a globalist tried to upgrade to corner with either extra points or cash?
i saw one DP from user 168 who said that's not allowed but wondering if we can do points + cash.

Another question is, if you werent able to book the TT rooms or the standard corner suites, would you guys still recommend the ziva stay?

You definitely cannot book TT with points. If you contact Marisol Garcia she will quote you cash upgrade prices it's likely going to be the price of of room you want minus the cash price of the room you booked on points. Ziva is amazing you really don't need a big room, The only things good about TT in my opinion are hydrotherapy and Punta Vista rooftop bar, nobody outside TT can access Punta Vista.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:12 am

think a corner suite can be booked with pts for 40k, not 25k
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
The only things good about TT in my opinion are hydrotherapy and Punta Vista rooftop bar, nobody outside TT can access Punta Vista.
does Punta Vista have top-shelf liquors or better drinks? besides, TT rooms r larger than std rooms & have oceanfront views, correct?

any folks have tips to get a TT upgrade for minimal $? would an upgrade request (if available) upon arrival likely be better?

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 21, 2021 at 8:57 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:30 pm

would TT even be worth it if we were bringing an infant?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:58 pm

would TT even be worth it if we were bringing an infant?
no children under 18 allowed in tt.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:10 pm

Alright guys. i did it. i pulled the trigger.
I had a tough time choosing a place in cancun but after help from this post :
Choosing cancun property
I initially booked a 4 night 5 day stay in Ziva in a Standard property view room
But like i said in the post i have this 'fear of regret" with award redemptions and traveling so after reading almost 20+ pages in here, I made a ridiculous purchase of 30k extra hyatt points with their promo 20% off.
then i contacted CS of ziva and asked if i could split up my stay 2 nights in standard and 2 nights at a corner suite with my 30k points upgrade. She told me hopefully they can just bump me up if the room is available (doubtful after reading comments on here)

THEN i contacted the comp controller email listed on this forum and he was super nice!
he replied within the same day and bumped my first 2 night stay from standard room to ocean view king.
so right now i have 2 nights in king ocean view and 2 night corner room suite.

my question is, DID I MAKE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE IN THE POINT PURCHASE FOR HTE CORNER SUITE?
did i hype it up too much after readin this forum? LOL
anyway thanks for the help everyone
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:37 am

Alright guys. i did it. i pulled the trigger.
I had a tough time choosing a place in cancun but after help from this post :
Choosing cancun property
I initially booked a 4 night 5 day stay in Ziva in a Standard property view room
But like i said in the post i have this 'fear of regret" with award redemptions and traveling so after reading almost 20+ pages in here, I made a ridiculous purchase of 30k extra hyatt points with their promo 20% off.
then i contacted CS of ziva and asked if i could split up my stay 2 nights in standard and 2 nights at a corner suite with my 30k points upgrade. She told me hopefully they can just bump me up if the room is available (doubtful after reading comments on here)

THEN i contacted the comp controller email listed on this forum and he was super nice!
he replied within the same day and bumped my first 2 night stay from standard room to ocean view king.
so right now i have 2 nights in king ocean view and 2 night corner room suite.

my question is, DID I MAKE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE IN THE POINT PURCHASE FOR HTE CORNER SUITE?
did i hype it up too much after readin this forum? LOL
anyway thanks for the help everyone
afaik, ziva never offered comp upgrade std room to club suite, likely not even club room - unless a globalist

u could ask / negotiate for an upgrade with $; I was once offered a cash upgrade to a TT room for $100/n, but didn't go for it; settling with a comp upgrade for ocean front room in pyramid tower

fyi, Marisol Garcia, room controller, is a she/female
dagangwood likes this.

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 26, 2021 at 10:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.