Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com

Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com

Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:52 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IAD, TPE
Posts: 465
Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.
fangtl is offline  
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:41 pm
  #2  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,300
Originally Posted by fangtl
Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.
I think only FHR reservations earn stay credit / points.
peteropny is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:01 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC/ NJ
Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,153
AMEX FHR Points & Stay Credit

Originally Posted by peteropny
I think only FHR reservations earn stay credit / points.
Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?
MarkP24 is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:17 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.
slm9555 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:32 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by peteropny
I think only FHR reservations earn stay credit / points.

Yes, I believe this is the case.

And, unfortunately, only pre-paid AmexTravel bookings (NOT FHR bookings) are eligible for the Amex Platinum Card 5x MR points.
yoganeck is offline  
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:53 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC/ NJ
Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,153
Originally Posted by slm9555
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.
I appreciate the data point. The 70% may be due to taxes...
MarkP24 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:40 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Posts: 6,411
Originally Posted by slm9555
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.
If it were me, I'd contact "World of Hyatt Concierge" here on FT and let them sort it out.

A year or two ago, there was a glitch where Diamonds were shorted an amount of points equal to the breakfast charges which the hotel adjusted off. I wonder if that glitch has returned?

Example: Room rate $100, breakfast charges marked as comp = $25, you end up earning points on $75 instead of the full $100.

The above is just a guess as to why your points were less than expected.
CloudCoder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.