Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by fangtl
Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.
I think only FHR reservations earn stay credit / points.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
AMEX FHR Points & Stay Credit

Originally Posted by peteropny
Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny

Yes, I believe this is the case.

And, unfortunately, only pre-paid AmexTravel bookings (NOT FHR bookings) are eligible for the Amex Platinum Card 5x MR points.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by slm9555
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.
I appreciate the data point. The 70% may be due to taxes...
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:40 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by slm9555
If it were me, I'd contact "World of Hyatt Concierge" here on FT and let them sort it out.

A year or two ago, there was a glitch where Diamonds were shorted an amount of points equal to the breakfast charges which the hotel adjusted off. I wonder if that glitch has returned?

Example: Room rate $100, breakfast charges marked as comp = $25, you end up earning points on $75 instead of the full $100.

The above is just a guess as to why your points were less than expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.