FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1702676-will-i-earn-points-stay-credit-if-booking-through-amextravel-com.html)

fangtl Aug 14, 2015 10:52 am

Will I earn points and stay credit if booking through AMEXtravel.com

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.

peteropny Aug 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl (Post 25271029)
Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything definitive.

With the $100 off $600 discount AMEX travel actually has better rates than hyatt.com, if I were to book it directly through amextravel.com (not FHR) will I be earning Hyatt stay credit and GP points? I am a active Diamond.

I think only FHR reservations earn stay credit / points.

MarkP24 Sep 5, 2017 9:01 pm

AMEX FHR Points & Stay Credit

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 25271601)

Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?

slm9555 Sep 5, 2017 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24 (Post 28781477)
Does anyone know if AMEX FHR reservations earn Hyatt points and stay credit?

I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.

yoganeck Sep 6, 2017 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 25271601)

Yes, I believe this is the case.

And, unfortunately, only pre-paid AmexTravel bookings (NOT FHR bookings) are eligible for the Amex Platinum Card 5x MR points.

MarkP24 Sep 6, 2017 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555 (Post 28781689)
I just finished an Amex FHR stay at a Hyatt unbound property. My FHR offer was 3rd night free and I stayed 3 nights. I got Hyatt credit for 2 nights and Hyatt points. However, I only got awarded about 70% of the points that I expected so I need to have it sorted out.

I appreciate the data point. The 70% may be due to taxes...

CloudCoder Sep 6, 2017 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555 (Post 28781689)

If it were me, I'd contact "World of Hyatt Concierge" here on FT and let them sort it out.

A year or two ago, there was a glitch where Diamonds were shorted an amount of points equal to the breakfast charges which the hotel adjusted off. I wonder if that glitch has returned?

Example: Room rate $100, breakfast charges marked as comp = $25, you end up earning points on $75 instead of the full $100.

The above is just a guess as to why your points were less than expected.