Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 9:50 pm

I just confirmed with over Twitter with Hyatt that the end date for those enrolling now is February 2017.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; May 31, 2015 at 9:52 pm Reason: Edited to make screen shot smaller
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Called CS and spoke to manager. She claimed that everything she has says through Feb 2016 even if they enroll today. This conflicting info is getting annoying. I'm going to Tweet Hyatt Concierge.

Last edited by cdancer20; Jun 1, 2015 at 9:39 am
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Called CS and spoke to manager. She claimed that everything she has says through Feb 16th even if they enroll today. This conflicting info is getting annoying. I'm going to Tweet Hyatt Concierge.
Reached out to gold passport and they said a hotel has to sign you up...Call the hotel and they are confused as to what it is...then the front office manager says yes we can offer it but only during check-in? Pretty confusing...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
@HyattConcierge on Twitter just replied to someone's message that there are currently no offers available. I guess just like when this started, it'll take a couple of days before everyone gets the correct information.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:21 am

@HyattConcierge on Twitter just replied to someone's message that there are currently no offers available. I guess just like when this started, it'll take a couple of days before everyone gets the correct information.
OK. So I got multiple sources now confirming that people who enroll now get the Feb 2017 expiration date.

However managers advised me that there is no way that I can enroll in the new offer since I'm already enrolled. I'm like It's not fair that I won't get the extra year though I do the exact same things as someone that enrolls today. My travel literally starts in June.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:15 pm

That was me Thanks for following up with them.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

However managers advised me that there is no way that I can enroll in the new offer since I'm already enrolled. I'm like It's not fair that I won't get the extra year though I do the exact same things as someone that enrolls today. My travel literally starts in June.
Stop whining and plan better.....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Stop whining and plan better.....
It's quite impossible to plan ahead for something that hasn't been told will happen. I'm not psychic.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Just spoke with a friendly rep on hyatt gold passport number and asked about the elite trial offer. He was very knowloadgeable about the offer and he explained to me the 6 nights for plat and 12 for diamond within 60 days to have the status until feb 2017. He was able to enroll me in the trial. He told me that usually you have to be sponsored by a hotel but they can also enroll me directly.

This is awesome! I want to try diamond to see if I can do 50/50 on SPG and Hyatt instead of 100 on SPG... Even though its weird. There are places I go in South America were there is only Hyatt and not SPG hotels
After hearing all of these different datapoints I decided to call back HGP again to confirm my registration and the lady I spoke with confirmed to me that I am registered for the promotion and it is as follows:

Stay 6 elegible nights within 60 days to enjoy Hyatt Platinum Status though Feb 2017

Stay 12 elegible nights within 60 days to enjoy Hyatt Diamond Status though Feb 2017

In addition you will get 1,000 points each night up to 6,000 points for your first nights in this promotion.

She also told me that Sweet Dreams Sweet Rewards promo was being send and that if I am not able yet to register for one of the links its because I have not been assigned one yet but they are still in the process of doing it.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
It's quite impossible to plan ahead for something that hasn't been told will happen. I'm not psychic.
You can take a calculated risk that everything that has happened in the past will repeat again. If the potential for Diamond status confirmed through Feb 2017 is worth more than the assurance of Diamond status through Feb 2016, then that's the plan of action you should have taken.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:12 am

Just thought that I would post an update:

Thanks to the wonderful Gold Passport Concierge account here on FT (Sarah to be exact), I was able to get this taken care of yesterday. She was the first to realize that the next Elite Tier Offer is a new offer and thus was able to register me for it. I called in to verify and the HGP rep saw the new offer start date of 06/01 and read me details about the offer including Diamond through 02/2017! So alls well that ends well.

Also if anyone is considering applying I gathered that this offer is supposedly available through April of next year but call to verify for yourself.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:19 am

Based on the recent reports, I find it more confusing than ever if you have to get enrolled through a hotel or can sign up directly via Hyatt (Flyertalk or Twitter team).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by heakja
Based on the recent reports, I find it more confusing than ever if you have to get enrolled through a hotel or can sign up directly via Hyatt (Flyertalk or Twitter team).
To be sure, just sign up through a hotel. It was actually pretty easy from my viewpoint and they were able to take care of it same day.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:52 am

Diamond Quick Qualify

I was signed up for the new offer yesterday and was told I am signed up for the "Diamond Quick Qualify" offer.
Complete 12 nights in 60 days for Diamond through Feb.2017
1000 bonus points per night for the first 6 nights.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by heakja
I did 3 calls in total to HGP:

1st Call: Rep said: I know about the offer, yes I can register you but the system is down for maintenance right now (Saturday night)

2nd Call: Rep: I know about the offer but no, we cant register you, maybe my manager can do it hold on. Manager comes, hello no we cannot do it, it has to be through a hotel and you have to be targeted, no one told you that and our system was not down, so you are lying to me (thanks manager you were very polite)(Sunday).

3rd call: Rep: I dont know about this promotion let me check with my manager. Okay I am back, I did not know this offer existed, it is awesome, I just registered you congratulations! (Monday)

So YMMV....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.