Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

We tried to take a look at the Zilara construction yesterday but were turned away by security citing safety concerns around a lot of construction. That said, we see people working constantly. Earlier today new light fixtures went up in the old buildings. The kids club on the ground floor of building 2 is being actively worked on. Christmas decorations went up around the lobby. It has been pouring pretty much al day today and much of yesterday, so it is hard to say whether Zilara construction is on schedule.

Dropped by the club last night, 5th floor of building 2. It's not on any map, but you can find it if you walk down the hall closest to the main elevator (wouldn't hurt if it was noted on the fire evacuation maps posted on the floor, but hey, those are new).

It's hard to say what will happen on the 20th, but from talking to others who are staying in the new Ziva wing (commercial building), there are no issues in the newly built rooms. So maybe if the Zilara wing opens, it won't be plagued by hot water, etc problems that many people in the old Ritz towers had to deal with.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:36 pm

We have been staying at Ziva for 3 days after originally booking at Zilara. To echo everyone else- the staff, food, and drinks are top notch. In regards to the state of Zilara, it is difficult to assess due to security limiting access to the area. As of today, stacks of boxes in multiple rooms as well as furniture out on patios are clearly visible, and the beach/outdoor area appears unfinished.

I will tell you this, Ziva is still an active construction zone, contractors(while not enjoying the buffets and coffee shop) and workers are everywhere- in some rooms, hallways, stairwells. Our room as well as others in Ziva building 3 are still without phone and continue to have electrical issues. After having a few drinks at the upstairs bar, two members in our party discovered they had paint all over their legs from the walls under the seat cushions (no "wet paint" signs anywhere). Fire alarms have been going on sporadically this afternoon. The kids playground and business center are still being built. The gym has broken cardio equipment, hot tubs, sauna, and steam room are all not operating.

In my opinion, there is a zero percent chance Zilara is fully functioning on Saturday. I would not recommend that anyone come to Ziva or Zilara now or in the next few weeks.

Last edited by zorro22; Dec 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:16 pm

I echo the previous comment about the status of Building 3. There is a ton of work going on and no phone in our room. We were told to go across the building and down a level to order room service. Really?
The Ziva pool is not heated and neither are the hot tubs that are down by the beach.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

The hot tubs were cold (pool temperature) since the beginning, then randomly hot one day, then back to cold.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Have one more night after tonight and have to say that things went downhill since Day One. There have been some outstanding employees that my family and I dealt with, but there have been a ton of customer service failures as well. Right now, I have a hate/love relationship with this property...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by wackydream
The hot tubs were cold (pool temperature) since the beginning, then randomly hot one day, then back to cold.
For a second, I thought the hot tubs were decorative pools until I saw the steps but yeah the water was cold.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by wackydream
Dropped by the club last night, 5th floor of building 2. It's not on any map, but you can find it if you walk down the hall closest to the main elevator (wouldn't hurt if it was noted on the fire evacuation maps posted on the floor, but hey, those are new).
Is the club even worth a visit? I wonder if HGP Diamonds are allowed access to these clubs since I'm currently in Building 1 (former RC building). The main lobby lounge is nice, so not too big of a deal..
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Is the club even worth a visit? I wonder if HGP Diamonds are allowed access to these clubs since I'm currently in Building 1 (former RC building). The main lobby lounge is nice, so not too big of a deal..
they have some finger foods up there with a couple of tvs and the same alcohol but once the resort is finally up and running, i don't see a real need to visit the lounge. personal concierge is there, but most of our time was and will be spent at the actual resort so we didn't really need it.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:38 am

We arrive at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall on Friday (12/19) for a week stay. "We" are myself, my 2 year old son, and my wife. My brother, sister-in-law (a Virtuoso travel agent) and their two kids are coming a couple days after us, also for a week stay. We are staying in a swim-up concierge butler suite. I will definitely be writing a detailed trip report and posting it in the trip report section when we return. The report will be focused on the accommodations (the room, food, etc), the kid-friendliness of the resort, and whatever else peaks my interest. Anything specific along those lines people want me to check out?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by trev555555
We arrive at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall on Friday (12/19) for a week stay. "We" are myself, my 2 year old son, and my wife. My brother, sister-in-law (a Virtuoso travel agent) and their two kids are coming a couple days after us, also for a week stay. We are staying in a swim-up concierge butler suite. I will definitely be writing a detailed trip report and posting it in the trip report section when we return. The report will be focused on the accommodations (the room, food, etc), the kid-friendliness of the resort, and whatever else peaks my interest. Anything specific along those lines people want me to check out?
I'm staying for six nights at the Ziva in early April. Some questions I have are:
- are there enough activities to keep wife and 15 year old son busy for six nights at the property
- what type of off property excursions are available thru the concierge
- you booked up a swim-up butler suite, nice! What room type does a DSU certificate book into for this property?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:31 pm

New Pictures of Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall

Check out Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Facebook page. They have posted some 'real' photos and its looks really nice. I'm headed that way later in Jan. and glad to see the pictures and looks like things are getting on track!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:55 pm
Company Representative, Hyatt Hyatt Ziva & Zilara Rose Hall

Hi everyone, we wanted to give you all a look at the property as it stands today. These images have all been taken within the last week and we will be continuing to keep you all updated as more photography and information is available.

Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:13 pm

As posted on FB... this is the common area, not the private Zilara section.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:31 pm

Those pictures are all common area Ziva pictures - they don't have anything to do with Zilara because Zilara is still very much under construction. They also don't show what the real issues have been with the resort so they are really misleading until the whole resort is really finished - misleading just like they have been before.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:56 pm

My family and I will be arriving at Ziva on December 25th and would like to get an accurate update as to what we should expect when we arrive. If possible, I would like to find out which building we should try and request prior to our arrival. Currently we are set for bldg 3 on the concierge floor. I am happy to hear over and over that both the staff and food are exceptional. Hopefully that has not changed. Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.