Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
The pool? News to me, and to the scores of "guests" I've seen there with their demon spawn, at all hours of the day and night.
lol yes I believe it’s a 6pm or 7pm cutoff (until closing at 10)
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyLikeARegal
All of this said, I really hope the Andaz ends up having a few days open up the week I'll be there. I would feel so much more comfortable booking that one with points... but as has been echoed in this thread, it doesn't really seem like I can go horribly wrong either way.
From my somewhat limited observation, I'd imagine your chances are pretty good that availability will open up at some point. I was searching rates for this hotel (and booked it) a number of times over a month-long period, and widespread availability opened, then closed, then opened, then closed, then opened again across that time. They play some kind of weird game, I don't know, but I would put big money on at least some of your dates opening up at some point.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:46 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
From my somewhat limited observation, I'd imagine your chances are pretty good that availability will open up at some point. I was searching rates for this hotel (and booked it) a number of times over a month-long period, and widespread availability opened, then closed, then opened, then closed, then opened again across that time. They play some kind of weird game, I don't know, but I would put big money on at least some of your dates opening up at some point.
They also almost always open up close in, as long as there isn’t some occasion that causes them to be sold out.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
That's news to me too, as I didn't see any touts (African or otherwise) in Roppongi when I was there last week. May be the poster got confused by my suggestion to the OP of visiting Kabukicho in Shinjuku ? LOL
Literally saw several when I was there last year. Of course I see them in shinjuku also but it was particularly bad when I was in roppongi. Must be my bad luck.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Literally saw several when I was there last year. Of course I see them in shinjuku also but it was particularly bad when I was in roppongi. Must be my bad luck.
There are absolutely still touts working Roppongi, but it is much less than it was ten years ago. Minato City hates them more than anyone and tries to crack down.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'll have a one night stop in Tokyo before my return flight home from Haneda and since its such a short stay I'm debating which hotel is best - Park Hyatt (before it closes for renos!), Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency (or even the Centric in Ginza?). Easy access to/from Haneda via train would be helpful although I'm not opposed to jumping into a taxi if needed (unless Tokyo one of those cities where traffic/taxi is really not recommended). Thank you!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lily23
I'll have a one night stop in Tokyo before my return flight home from Haneda and since its such a short stay I'm debating which hotel is best - Park Hyatt (before it closes for renos!), Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency (or even the Centric in Ginza?). Easy access to/from Haneda via train would be helpful although I'm not opposed to jumping into a taxi if needed (unless Tokyo one of those cities where traffic/taxi is really not recommended). Thank you!
If you can get the Park Hyatt Tokyo before it closes, I would think that that is a no-brainer choice.
lily23 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you can get the Park Hyatt Tokyo before it closes, I would think that that is a no-brainer choice.
You can take the airport limousine bus from Park Hyatt Tokyo to Haneda
lily23 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:21 pm

Just stayed at GH and PH. (Have stayed at Andaz and HR Shinjuku in the past.)

Globalist, no upgrade at either hotel.

I did not feel that the level of service at PH was on par with Conrad or Andaz. Both PH and GH had turndown service, but you get nothing other than towels replenished and bed tidied.
GH actually had better amenities, as their slippers were high quality, bath towels fluffy, Globalist welcome snack more substantial and valuable, bath salts better ito quality and quantity. Bath towels in the room at PH were pretty poor quality and rough on the skin. The pool towels were much softer.

Globalist breakfast at GH is only complimentary at the Grand Club, but it is very high quality, I would even say on par with the restaurant breakfast buffet at PH. GH gives you the additional merit of lounge dinner if you’re a Globalist, and the dinner is also of exceptional quality and selection. The PH breakfast buffet at the Girandole is okay but underwhelming for what you might expect at a top 10 Tokyo hotel.

Andaz has the best pool complex. GH’s pool is clean and fine; there are no windows. PH’s pool is really high up, but unfortunately you can only look over the north side… west and east views are blocked by the gym. And the other problem is that there is no poolside jacuzzi. You have to go back down go the 45th floor for the sex-segregated jacuzzis (have to used naked).

GH is a better location if you want to be able to walk outside the hotel and be immediately surrounded by things to do and eat. PH just has nothing within its 7-8 minute radius. Transportation-wise, PH is just too far of a walk from Shinjuku Station to my liking. GH is good for Hibiya line, but it is a bit of a trek to get to Oedo line. You really need to budget 15+ min from your room to the train, probably 20+ min the first time.

GH is great for walking nearby, although Roppongi is way more sedate than I remember at night. It was kind of dead on a Fri night. On the other hand, Shinjuku is crazy busy at night even on a weeknight. PH is walking distance from that craziness although again it’s a a hike to get to it.
lily23 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:40 pm

Unless the PH breakfast has seriously declined since I was last there a few years ago, the notion that the GH breakfast is superior by a little (to say nothing for being far superior) is beyond insane to me.
nycnyc and hailstorm like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Unless the PH breakfast has seriously declined since I was last there a few years ago, the notion that the GH breakfast is superior by a little (to say nothing for being far superior) is beyond insane to me.
The generous PH room service is also another plus vs GH's Grand Club offerings.
nycnyc and lily23 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for all the details! Hm...between PH / GH and Conrad, would Conrad actually be a better choice location wise then? I do want to just wander around for a bit and find a cool place to eat and check out the neighborhood but not necessarily any serious sightseeing. Also Hilton Diamond if that matters.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:58 pm

I have a soft spot for the Conrad as it's the first place I ever stayed in Tokyo 15 years ago and still a beautiful property and I had an amazing room and view. That being said, I would not stay there as a tourist wanting to walk around (or otherwise, except for a random mothers day kind of thing as we did a couple years ago, but we live in town). I am also not a fan of Shinjuku, so have been to but never stayed at the PH. I like the GH as a property but mostly due to the location. I am a walk/train/bike person. I hate getting in cars/taxis. Not that you can't get around via train from the Conrad, you certainly can - it just feels far from all the places I like to go. My personal choice would be GH, then Conrad, then PH. TBH the Hyatt House Shibuya wasn't bad at all (I didn't stay but set some friends up there recently). Not sure what your Marriott situation is but I am also a fan of the Edition and the Prince Gallery (though not the location so much on the latter).
lily23 and quicksilver42 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thank you for all the details! Hm...between PH / GH and Conrad, would Conrad actually be a better choice location wise then? I do want to just wander around for a bit and find a cool place to eat and check out the neighborhood but not necessarily any serious sightseeing. Also Hilton Diamond if that matters.
I personally think the PH offers the most interesting walking course, between the walk through Shinjuku Central Park to Hyatt Regency, the "retro futuristic" area around the Tokyo capital building, and the grit and immensity of central Shinjuku.

But if opulence is your thing, GH is within walking distance of the Tokyo Midtown and Azabudai Hills complexes, along with the Roppongi Hills complex that GH is a part of.
lily23 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
It hasn't declined. If anything, it's in better shape now than before. The GH is a good solid high-end business hotel, and that's about it. The PH is something special, even if you have to enter the spa naked and in a separate floor from the pool. I am not a big fan of the PH location, so if location is a top consideration, there are better Hyatt options (my favorite on that: Hotel Toranomon Hills, the GH is not bad).
nycnyc and lily23 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.