Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gas explosion at Hyatt Churchill London (11/21/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas explosion at Hyatt Churchill London (11/21/14)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
I prefer the churchill to the andaz

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I'm happy to, this will open up more availability at the Andaz, it's also my favorite Hyatt, can't beat the breakfast in 1901.

Welcome Back Churchill!!!
I am less keen on the andaz, I felt it was more corporate and less lively. when I stay at the churchill the location in the centre and the piano bar and AMAZING Locanda restaurant make it a winner for me. Andaz is nice enough but for me, not a patch on the Churchill (of course not everyone will agree!)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
I am less keen on the andaz, I felt it was more corporate and less lively. when I stay at the churchill the location in the centre and the piano bar and AMAZING Locanda restaurant make it a winner for me. Andaz is nice enough but for me, not a patch on the Churchill (of course not everyone will agree!)
I'm in your court>
Michael Gray GM runs a good reasonably polished show of a number of consummate professionals @ the Churchill
I found Andaz on all occasions to be inconsistent, quirky and frustrating
From a lack of service(make that nonexistent service at times) at breakfast(yes a good breakfast otherwise) to non functioning wifi
Ill pass.
That's before I say how awkward it is with the staircases as much as the architecture is interesting and attractive.
A disabled or handicapped persons worst nightmare

Churchill certainly when the rate is agreeable but my new home in London is generally
The Conrad St James
Small civilized and perfectly appointed where Diamonds have a choice every day of Club Lounge, full buffet or room service ^
If the lounge is busy or I don't like the offerings. I head downstairs and have whatever is on my mind.The beds and linens great too
Room design outstanding all frequently at a lower daily rate
Awesome.
That's coming from someone that's down on Hilton these days and their program. A cash and points rate at the Conrad puts it just a little more daily then the old Hyatt elite stay certificate which is now history

Best thing about the Churchill excellent room service and solid restaurants^
Even Montagu is worth some visits
And there is a dedicated concierge team that knows the city.
Andaz is a disaster when calling down for a gallery host who is typically inexperienced and clueless about dining or transportation as nice or as helpful as they try to be.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I'm in your court>
Michael Gray GM runs a good reasonably polished show of a number of consummate professionals @ the Churchill
I found Andaz on all occasions to be inconsistent, quirky and frustrating
From a lack of service(make that nonexistent service at times) at breakfast(yes a good breakfast otherwise) to non functioning wifi
Andaz is a disaster when calling down for a gallery host who is typically inexperienced and clueless about dining or transportation as nice or as helpful as they try to be.
I like both hotels - depends what I want and what the rate is. Whilst we have had service problems in the past at the Andaz, recently things have been better. Having spoken with the new GM (from HR Mainz) I have hopes things will be improving. He seems on the ball and aware of shortcomings.

When looking for alternatives, I realised how much diamond status is worth to me. Having dropped IC RA, Hilton Gold, Starwood platinum along the way, it costs so much more to stay somewhere else reasonable including breakfast, let alone to then pay for dinner. The Landmark was ok (although breakfast not great) so with the AMEX offer, it's good value.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by price123
I like both hotels - depends what I want and what the rate is. Whilst we have had service problems in the past at the Andaz, recently things have been better. Having spoken with the new GM (from HR Mainz) I have hopes things will be improving. He seems on the ball and aware of shortcomings.

When looking for alternatives, I realised how much diamond status is worth to me. Having dropped IC RA, Hilton Gold, Starwood platinum along the way, it costs so much more to stay somewhere else reasonable including breakfast, let alone to then pay for dinner. The Landmark was ok (although breakfast not great) so with the AMEX offer, it's good value.
Good to hear
At 100 quid or below I might go back to Andaz
that would pay for leaving the hotel to escape their room service and in house dining and mediocre service
The front of the house door guys are excellent and everyone in house
is nice even if some are clueless and inexperienced

I'd also buy some local wifi service as the hotels is inadequate
Mr Flodin now gone? Or is that who you refer too?
The rooms too and so called suite upgrades are inconsistent and confusing
I feel like I have to negotiate. For that reason alone I prefer Churchill hands down of the two
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Mr Flodin now gone? Or is that who you refer too?
Gone. Otto Steenbeek now GM.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: WN, UA, Hyatt, National
Looks like the hotel is back open again. I moved our reservation back from the Andaz
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by price123
Gone. Otto Steenbeek now GM.
Wow he didn't last too long.
Thanks for the heads up. Without going into a long narrative perhaps it really could be hope for the property to improve
It will take a very detailed individual that gets not only day to day operational protocol but strong customer relationship management skills
That's something Mr. Gray at the Churchill generally excels at
Its not an easy and glorious job as it looks !

I was told I was in a suite @ Andaz but that's certainly debatable as many others before and after have reported.
It was a spacious guest room with desk and a chair
I certainly wouldn't burn a DSU there now and wouldn't trust them on revenue or award to do the right thing
It could be an awesome property if they really followed great hospitality business behavior.But first fix the wifi in 2015 and be transparent as to what a real suite is or isn't.You don't have to guess if you are in a suite at the Churchill! They are just larger or smaller no view/ good view
Simple!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:07 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Jacob Edelman
Looks like the hotel is back open again. I moved our reservation back from the Andaz
As such, for housekeeping purposes, I'll lock this thread, please continue discussions in the propert review master thread.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.