Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ceebee100
I would be interested to know what the breakfast offerings are like (and if you were able to order off the menu, which I doubt given past history of this hotel). My last stay there was pre covid and the lounge offerings were quite meagre for both breakfast and evening. Needless to say I haven't stayed there since.
Made it to breakfast and we were indeed able to order off the menu. I never even asked as the waiter proactively offered it. Now, the menu was really not that appealing and truthfully the buffet wasn't that great either. But was quite sufficient for a morning meal.

While they look good, most were quite stale.

Wife ordered the eggs Benedict. They were NOT good and sent them back, enjoyed buffet after.

Menu

Overall stay was fair. We used 10k points I received for an expired free night and also transfered 5k points from Chase UR. Not the best redemption really, but had no other use for the points for quite some time. It was quite convenient near LAX and the happy was great. I should mention, at check out there was a discrepancy on my folio which I had to check with the front desk. A $9+ charge from breakfast, not sure what it was for, but it was immediately taken off without issue. I would certainly stay again, but might also look elsewhere.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Buffett Photos looks great to my eyes 👍
I can see cut backs like no cantelope and a lack of berries etc
Hopefully the quality is still there otherwise
With the ability to order an omelette off the menu what else could you really ask for
I’m there next week and think or hope it should go great
They have been pretty good to me since inception and I’ve never set foot in anything but a suite except when
it was a Radisson which was a disgusting experience I will long remember
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Buffett Photos looks great to my eyes 👍…
Agree.
… I can see cut backs like no cantelope and a lack of berries etc
Hopefully the quality is still there otherwise
With the ability to order an omelette off the menu what else could you really ask for
I stay at this hotel several times each year, 3-4 night per stay, since it was the Concourse Hotel at LAX (a Hyatt affiliate) which it was named during the renovation from Radisson to HR.

I like the breakfast, buffet or otherwise. A year ago the buffet was closed so had to order from menu. For someone who looks down his nose at Spam, the Carnivore Scramble was surprisingly tasty. During other stays (before and after) my favorite type of fruit (that which has been cut into bite sized pieces by someone else) changes from day to day, cantaloupe and pineapple one day, honeydew and strawberries the next day. Nova (non-salty) salmon, FRESH bagels, other whole fruit every day.
… never set foot in anything but a suite …
Room (Regency Suite) #1232 is the best, terrific view of airport, close to elevator, only 1 flight of stairs (not an elevator ride) to the fitness center and (TMI alert) the same side of the bed is closest to the bathroom as at home which is important when one gets up in the middle of the night as often as this old man does !
… Radisson which was a disgusting experience …
It may have been even MORE disgusting and repulsive during the early days of the renovation, it SHOULD have been completely closed to guests at the time.

I spent a night in a worn out room (in the middle of its renovation) with some of the furnishings already removed, a bare box-spring, a stained cracked bathtub, flickering bathroom lights, only one dim overhead room light, jury rigged breakfast restaurant in a second floor conference room and was told at check-out that they don’t accept Hyatt gift cards (which had been purchased at a discount from a MegaDO). The things some of us do for a Hyatt stay and some points ! At least I got a bunch of Hyatt customer service points after that stay .

(The former Crown Plaza LAX (now Sonesta) might possibly have been even worse!)
Old Mar 13, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Buffet photos look quite similar to last Hyatt buffet I visited in DC. I'm wondering if this is the new standard-issue Hyatt 3 or 4-star buffet items. Maybe not the unique boutique dining experience of a lifetime. But if something similar offered without prodding (or excuses) at every Hyatt (or insert any other random brand supposedly offering inclusive breakfast here) I sleep at this year I'll be thrilled.

Maybe next time through LAX I won't be running for an early airplane and can try it. Looks a bit better than the AAdmirals Club.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:07 pm

FYI. We had to leave for our flight before the breakfast restaurant opened. We were confused by the person checking us in on the subject of breakfast before 6am, so we inquired (as a Globalist) to the lady at the coffee shop. She said " You can just get whatever you want". Not having time to consider any of the hot items off the posted menu, we both grabbed a cold breakfast sandwich which she warmed up for us.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Charlie9
FYI. We had to leave for our flight before the breakfast restaurant opened. We were confused by the person checking us in on the subject of breakfast before 6am, so we inquired (as a Globalist) to the lady at the coffee shop. She said " You can just get whatever you want". Not having time to consider any of the hot items off the posted menu, we both grabbed a cold breakfast sandwich which she warmed up for us.
Thank you. Relevant information for anyone on an early-bank flight. (Even if, since it is say a really major airport, like say, LAX, you would think they would have enough guests they could open in time for the early-bank flights. Not that I would want to go to work at 3 or 4 in the morning for something around minimum wage either. But I digress).
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Does anyone happen to have a valid email address from this property? Thank you so much!

Stayed here two nights ago and want to question some weird charges on my bill. Hate it when getting an email from “donotreply@…” and then you cannot find any proper reply email anywhere. Especially when my money is involved

Feedback on the hotel itself: Arrived after a long flight from Australia via Fiji and after a bit of back and forth, the checkin clerk was so lovely and tried really hard to get us upgraded (Globalist). Received an amazing suite with full frontal views of the runway, we really enjoyed it. Otherwise staff lovely, breakfast sufficient bit walls paper thin (windows isolated well though). So you hear your room neighbours rather than the airplanes.

Will stay here again if arriving at LAX from Down Under.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Does anyone happen to have a valid email address from this property? Thank you so much!
Sure, it's LAXLA-Front.Desk [at] hyatt.com
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Which I think is a format too - you can switch out the SPIRT code and get any property you want.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Hyatt is also pretty good about putting hotel email addresses in, oddly, the Maps and Transportation section of the website.

Although, as I check, of course, this property is one where that field is blank.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
Which I think is a format too - you can switch out the SPIRT code and get any property you want.
And this five-character code can be found in the URL of the hotel's main/home page.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by dkc192
And this five-character code can be found in the URL of the hotel's main/home page.
Awesome guys- thanks to all of you! Super helpful
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dkc192
So it's always that five letter [email protected]? Wow, that's insanely useful!

Also, are they no longer providing to $20 bar vouchers for those that arrive after happy hour? I arrive from MNL at 825pm and will prob walk to hotel arriving around 930pm. Was hoping to use those before heading to bed. No use for a $50 food voucher since my flight is before breakfast starts.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

Also, are they no longer providing to $20 bar vouchers for those that arrive after happy hour? I arrive from MNL at 825pm and will prob walk to hotel arriving around 930pm. Was hoping to use those before heading to bed. No use for a $50 food voucher since my flight is before breakfast starts.
I didn’t get anything other than breakfast and an upgrade but the agent was new so uncertain if he forgot
As a lifetime Globalist he asked if It was my first time staying there 😳
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I only got a $30 voucher after having received a room that had not been serviced since the last guest had checked out. It was useful to get a sandwich prior to departing the next morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.