Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by serfty
Seems ok - but the first time I stayed at the HR I had arrived at T6 ... three completely full shuttles came past before I was able to get on one.

I was surprised how quick the trip was and realised I could have walked in half the time.

I walked back to T3 the next morning and have been a walking advocate since.
LAX can be a cluster* granted on any given day and shuttle drivers can be good or bad
The reason why typically historically The Hyatt Regency LAX has been one
of the best most frequent shuttles is it’s run by a parking lot company
so they have to service not only the Hyatt Regency customers but all those that park there
Is it a perfect situation sometimes.Coming out of COVID not a ton of
data first hand points except for the return pick up back to the airport
In the rare situation they mess up a call to the hotel typically solves the problem as they have a working relationship with the lot drivers
In the decades I have come to take one of the shuttles only the big rental car companies have as many or more shuttles

The Westin more than once kept me waiting an hour or more
Typically a 5 to 15 min wait to get the Hyatt shuttle to the hotel however YMMV as the summer surge in travel
may affect your experiences and getting enough drivers back to work.
Having said that I don’t have evidence anywhere that walking is a better solution
I walk miles when I don’t have luggage or possible concerns about the hood I’m walking in
Know this is a creepy thing to do but google the local crime statistics shootings murders robberies
I do this all over the country just to have a barometer of a given area.For me it’s the ultimate reality check even if I think my chances are still pretty good
I’m an ex New Yorker and most of my family have been victims of crimes over their lifetime even though it was rare but a few horrible instances
that I’d rather not post about
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 23, 2021 at 10:07 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Does the business center at this hotel have the capability to scan paper documents into PDF files? If not, are there any open business centers at LAX?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by auandagbug
Does the business center at this hotel have the capability to scan paper documents into PDF files? If not, are there any open business centers at LAX?
Get a scanner app on your phone.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Get a scanner app on your phone.
And, for when a PDF isn't required, but a JPG will work, just take a photo of the document and email/upload that.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
If you have too many pages for your phone, you might want to try the FedEx Office in the LAX Marriott. I have had decent service there in the past, but that was pre-covid, and they might still have limited hours/services, esp. if you're not a guest there
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
EDIT: incorrect info, sorry.

Last edited by gengar; Jul 15, 2021 at 12:15 pm
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm currently outside the U.S. and flying to LAX on Saturday. I have a nearly 8 hour layover there so I will call them after I clear immigration and customs.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by gengar
It's a FedEx Office ...
On my most recent stay in April 2021, the hotel's Business Center was closed.

On most recent pre-COVID stay in December 2019, hotel's Business Center was not FEDEX Office or any other commercial business center, just a small room, large windows facing south (greenhouse effect) with poor AC so almost always too warm, 3 computers, 2 full-function Apple and 1 dedicated Airline Check-In, 2 laser printers (not multifunction, no scanner capability), 4 chairs, 1 cabinet with extra supplies (paper, paper clips, staples). The staff at the hotel is universally gracious, if you just have a few pages to scan to PDF I suspect the front desk (back office?) staff would be happy to assist.

The Regency Club (closed this past April) in December 2019 also had a computer and printer (not multifunction), typical Hyatt PC hotel workstation limited function computer.

No experience with business centers near the hotel. There is a UPS Store 0.6 miles north on Sepulveda and a Staples another 0.3 miles north on the same road. I’ve walked or jogged past those stores (from the hotel) many times. Not sure if they are currently open or closed.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jul 15, 2021 at 6:14 am
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In May 2021, the business center was still closed. The front desk was willing to print stuff that you emailed to them, using an email address on the information page I was given at check in. I did this for boarding passes and don't recall a page limit.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
On most recent pre-COVID stay in December 2019, hotel's Business Center was not FEDEX Office,,,
Sorry, just realized I was thinking about the one in the Marriott. My mistake.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In May 2021, the business center was still closed. The front desk was willing to print stuff that you emailed to them, using an email address on the information page I was given at check in. I did this for boarding passes and don't recall a page limit.
I stayed here a couple weeks ago.

Business center is open (and I printed boarding passes).

I really liked how they handled their breakfast benefit. Instead of a typical benefit, they gave you a per person amount ($25? I can't remember exactly) and you could use it at their 24 hour quick service and snacks place by the lobby. I didn't have time before a flight to order real menu items, so I picked up a bunch of clif bars and things like that. But you could use it any time of day, so you could easily grab a dinner or snack or drink whenever you wanted to. And they had a better selection

Also, as an aviation enthusiast, I loved the workout room on the top floor. It's a great view of the In 'n Out side of LAX, and ok view of the other side and I greatly enjoyed seeing the planes come and go while I was running on the treadmill.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Just finished another stay here, 4 nights. Walked both ways (from and to terminal 4), very slight detour (1 minute) due to construction. Bob Hope USO open with limited service (no chili-cheese hotdogs ), must eat and drink all refreshments in the outside table area.

Keycard required for all guest floors. Regency Club still closed. Bottled water (apparently unlimited) offered at check-in. Breakfast is now buffet or menu, Globalist given 1 or 2 vouchers per day for buffet. No check produced, nothing to sign, if tipping is desired must do so in cash. At check-in without prompting, I was also given two $20 vouchers good for grab-and-go or restaurant.

Fitness center is fully open, now (again) with two small coolers stocked with unlimited bottled water. Pool open. Business center open but marginally useful, one dedicated boarding pass computer and 2 Apple computers with PC (Microsoft) keyboards which are not 100% compatible, perhaps 80%. The manager approached me in the lobby, I asked and she said the business center, specifically the computers and WiFi speed, is going to be updated.

Significant staff turnover, many new faces from prior stays. Staff remains universally gracious and helpful. The hotel does have lots of staff, 2 or 3 security folks in lobby area, bell-people, many “assistant front desk manager” etc. Excellent response to request for extra hangars or bathrobes. I ordered a sandwich from the grab-and-go and when it was ready 5 minutes later than promised, I wasn’t charged for it.

Area construction appears to be progressing nicely. Several newly paved roads around the hotel, significant progress for the APM and ConRAC construction.

While running one day, I asked a construction worker at the Hyatt Place/House LAX Century Blvd how the renovation was going, he said it was supposed to open “next month”. I said “really” and pointed to construction debris along the side of the hotel, he said “the inside is finished”. The front of the hotel looks good to go, no debris, no scaffolding. Will be nice when it opens, additional Hyatt choices at LAX which might be more appealing to non-Globalists for whom the appeal of the Hyatt Regency LAX might be lower due to no free breakfast and no lounge access. Hyatt website currently allows bookings starting December 1st.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I just had a great one night stay here.

I got two $20 food vouchers and a breakfast voucher. On a Sunday, the bar was open for dine-in until 11 and drinks until 12 (and a lovely group of fellow travelers stayed around until 1ish). The drunken noodles were surprisingly decent (not at all authentic, but very tasty) and the portion was huge, easily enough for 3.

The front desk agent at check in said that if I didn't want the breakfast buffet, I could get something else and ask them to take care of it. Instead, I passed on breakfast altogether (I was still full from the late night meal) and returned the voucher at checkout, and the agent gave me another $20 credit against my dinner/bar tab.

Bonus: the bar has some great selections (Monkey 47 gin, for example) and generous pours, and friendly staff. All in all, a great stay.
dpb132 and ChurnieEls like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I just had a great one night stay here.

I got two $20 food vouchers and a breakfast voucher. On a Sunday, the bar was open for dine-in until 11 and drinks until 12 (and a lovely group of fellow travelers stayed around until 1ish). The drunken noodles were surprisingly decent (not at all authentic, but very tasty) and the portion was huge, easily enough for 3.

Bonus: the bar has some great selections (Monkey 47 gin, for example) and generous pours, and friendly staff. All in all, a great stay.
Thanks for the food and beverage tips. I'm migrating away from Hilton towards Hyatt, so more exploring to do at LAX. I will miss the LAX Hilton.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
I will miss the LAX Hilton.
Why on earth would that be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.