Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019 | 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Is it a fully safe walk with traffic? I’ve always taken the shuttle
I am always going to/from T7 - not as easy as T1/2/3 but you are always crossing with a crosswalk / walk signal. No issues, just look both ways before crossing
Old Aug 7, 2019 | 7:50 pm
10 Years on Site

I always walk from T7. It’s not super well signed but everything is properly protected for pedestrians. You walk through a cool little park by those lighted columns.
Old Aug 7, 2019 | 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The walk is fully along sidewalks and marked pedestrian crosswalks. The path I recommended from T7 (mentioned in my earlier review here) involves one crosswalk that does not have a traffic signal.

It is possible to cross from the T7 side to the T1/2/3 side, in which case the walk to the hotel should be entirely on sidewalks and marked pedestrian crosswalks at traffic lights.
Old Aug 8, 2019 | 6:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
20 Years on Site

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Do you find as an Explorist (sounds like Exflorist) some Hyatt properties upgrading to suites?
Yes, I have been upgraded as an Explorist; the best was an amazing ocean-view suite at the Hyatt Place in Marathon, FL. I mentioned my experience at LAX for the benefit of other Explorist members who are curious as to what level of upgrade to expect.
Cairo is def one of a kind!
Agreed!
My only complaint is that the Sheraton and a few other 4 star properties nearby can be 50 to 75 dollars less a night and offer amenity points at check in
and a choice of club lounge or breakfast in the restaurant for top tier elites so I don't go as much to the Hyatt Regency LAX as I use too
.Its still my favorite hotel at LAX hands down none the less but they have gotten a bit out of hand with pricing
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How much is it worth to be able to walk to/from the terminal?
My previous go-to property at LAX was the Renaissance; great breakfast in the restaurant and a short walk to Hertz. Then, my Gold status was devalued and I lost free breakfast. I found a really good AAA rate at the Hyatt of $150/night. That's about $30 more than my rate at the Ren, but given the sorry state of affairs of LAX's traffic, I gladly paid more for the convenience of being a short walk to/from my terminal. The proximity to cheap short-term and overnight parking is also a plus.

It's safe; I have done the walk to the Courtyard next door after midnight and Sepulveda is well-lit and heavily traveled. The foot traffic out of the airport seems to have increased, likely due to the congestion at the lower level and rise of rideshare vendors like Uber and Lyft. As stated above, I walked from T2; the only issue is that you need to weave a bit through the T1 passenger traffic and the sidewalk out to Sepulveda is a little narrow when dragging luggage.
serfty likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019 | 8:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Potential Bad News

I've heard rumors from a few reasonably reliable sources today after I flew in from Sydney this morning that the HR LAX may be sold to another owner or investment group
Worse it could potentially mean the loss of the Hyatt Regency brand @ LAX.I truly hope that whatever happens it remains a Hyatt
I'm a huge fan of the hotel most things considered and they have been just great to me
For whatever reason the word on the street the hotel isn't doing all that well on their ROI
IMHO its the best @ LAX and they typically command a premium in the area from what I have observed.
Its a proud Hyatt and I hope it all works out in the end for all parties and we can still stay there as WOH guests
Have to see how this all plays out fingers crossed
Old Oct 16, 2019 | 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
That would suck - love the walkable location, views, good gym, etc.
Old Oct 16, 2019 | 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

I've heard rumors from a few reasonably reliable sources today after I flew in from Sydney this morning that the HR LAX may be sold to another owner or investment group ......
Sold doesn't mean re-flagged. I sure hope it stays with Hyatt, sold or not. Some properties were re-flagged without ownership change.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019 | 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
For whatever reason the word on the street the hotel isn't doing all that well on their ROI
Hard to believe they are suffering on ROI as the best-located hotel to LAX. Just too much competition?
Old Oct 17, 2019 | 8:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
30 Countries Visited40 Nights5M15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by gengar
Hard to believe they are suffering on ROI as the best-located hotel to LAX. Just too much competition?
A room for Monday night is offered opaquely on Hotwire for $115.
Old Oct 17, 2019 | 11:02 pm

A number of associates were talking about it including one who doesn't work in the hotel but has a partnership with the hotel
As I shared if anything happens I fully hope it remains The Hyatt Regency should a sale take place
It has a good Club, helpful wonderful associates delicious breakfast in the club as well as the restaurant and a decent small fitness center
Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome for all parties
steve64 and 59Impala like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019 | 9:10 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
There about two weeks ago and was going to comment when I got home. I'm home now, but I see the thread has already been bumped to current.

But what I was going to say is the evening hot dish has been pulled from the club. Attendant blamed Hyatt, which sounds more like a line than anything. The hotel just has that "money is tight" feel to it.

Really hope it survives, More practical place to stay than anywhere else, just because it is so close, and has a decent pool.
Old Oct 22, 2019 | 10:18 pm

They had these fantastic chocolate mousse cakes back when they were making an effort over the past few years
to wow guests from an impressive commercial local French bakery they were sourcing from
Breakfast for me here is always great better than the Park Hyatt New York and no upcharges!
They have some of the best smoked salmon in the world most mornings
I did hear from other guests about the cutbacks at night but other than the occasional dessert I always went out to eat with LAs vast selection of amazing restaurants
However I do sympathize with those that like dining in the club at night
Meanwhile whatever is or isn't happening I see availability in January when I return from the Asia Pacific so its business as usual for now
Can't worry I suppose till we hear one way or the other
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019 | 7:37 pm
15 Years on Site

From the AA terminal (I am arriving on American Eagle, if that makes a difference), which is best: shuttle or walk?
Old Oct 31, 2019 | 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited60 Nights5M15 Years on Site

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The AA area is about as far away from the Hyatt as one can exit from a terminal at LAX.

You could conceivably do a bit of a shortcut by walking through the parking garage but it's confusing and difficult to avoid going up/down stairs with no obvious elevators or escalators in sight along the path.
Old Oct 31, 2019 | 10:42 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
On average, the shuttle is probably quickest coming from the AA terminals. Although I always prefer walking when practical. I did it from TBIT once, which was really refreshing after a 14 hour flight.

If you do walk, the quickest way that I'm familiar with would be to take the shuttle to T5 from the Eagle's Nest and walk east towards T6. On the arrivals level between T6 & T7, there's a road that runs north (with sidewalk) that cuts across to T1. From there walk east to the Hyatt. I think from reading up thread, there's a way to get there by continuing to walk past T7 & T8 that may be quicker, but I haven't tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.