Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:15 am

My favorite Andaz ever. What a great leader + amazing team. Congrats.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:44 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Planning a visit to Tokyo next June with friends, (4 nights) would love some advice.

Currently booked at Park Hyatt with a DSU for $320/night. But after reading so many rave reviews about Andaz, am having second thoughts.

Seems like everyone would choose Andaz over PH if it's apples to apples, but what about comparing a suite at PH or standard/deluxe (whatever a Diamond may get) at Andaz?

Stayed at Ritz in Roppongi last December, was not impressed.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by htang333
Planning a visit to Tokyo next June with friends, (4 nights) would love some advice.

Currently booked at Park Hyatt with a DSU for $320/night. But after reading so many rave reviews about Andaz, am having second thoughts.

Seems like everyone would choose Andaz over PH if it's apples to apples, but what about comparing a suite at PH or standard/deluxe (whatever a Diamond may get) at Andaz?

Stayed at Ritz in Roppongi last December, was not impressed.

Thanks in advance for any insights.
Depends if I'm alone or having roomies for PH suite vs. Andaz King. Alone, the standard Andaz King is fine. The showers and bathtub are the same throughout King to Skyview suite so you're not missing out there. Japanese breakfast is better at Andaz. Nutella brioche!

Swimming Pool would be a draw. Both are lovely but the difference is PH's sauna and spa area shows it's age with the Gordon Gecko era black relaxation chairs.

Location as well. You will either need to walk a bit for the subway or use taxis. I consider it a wash.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 8, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:45 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Depends if I'm alone or having roomies for PH suite vs. Andaz King. Alone, the standard Andaz King is fine. The showers and bathtub are the same throughout King to Skyview suite so you're not missing out there. Japanese breakfast is better at Andaz. Nutella brioche!

Swimming Pool would be a draw. Both are lovely but the difference is PH's sauna and spa area shows it's age with the Gordon Gecko era black relaxation chairs.

Location as well. You will either need to walk a bit for the subway or use taxis. I consider it a wash.
Thanks, Aventine!

you've answered me in both threads (hyatt in tokyo thread).

Nutella Brioche sounds intriguing!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
The only reason I'd consider staying at PHT over Andaz anymore is if you needed a suite and wanted to use a DSU for it. Other than that, I think Andaz is better all-around. I'd reconsider if they decide to renovate PHT, but for now Andaz is my favorite place to stay in Tokyo.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htang333
Thanks, Aventine!

you've answered me in both threads (hyatt in tokyo thread).

Nutella Brioche sounds intriguing!
Depending when you're there and occupancy but you might get a nice sweet life surprise. They do their best to take care of Diamonds.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:27 am

Depending when you're there and occupancy but you might get a nice sweet life surprise. They do their best to take care of Diamonds.
Are you referring to the possibility of a complimentary upgrade to a suite?

Are multi caregory upgrades common for Diamonds booking standard rooms?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Are you referring to the possibility of a complimentary upgrade to a suite?

Are multi caregory upgrades common for Diamonds booking standard rooms?
No guarantees but we both know they treat Diamonds very well here. He could also book the Andaz XL to get on the suite upgrade path.

I'd still rather be at Andaz in a standard room than the Park suite in Shinjuku.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 9, 2015 at 2:33 am
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:54 am

No guarantees but we both know they treat Diamonds very well here. He could also book the Andaz XL to get on the suite upgrade path.

I'd still rather be at Andaz in a standard room than the Park suite in Shinjuku.
I agree. For a long time the PH was my favorite, but given its decline in overall quality in recent years, I think Andaz is a much better choice for me. As I have said before, it is not only my favorite Hyatt in Tokyo, but possibly my favorite hotel in Tokyo period.

I do not have Diamond status anymore, but I am sure it helps with upgrades. In terms of recognition and service quality, I'm already extremely well treated by this property.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I agree. For a long time the PH was my favorite, but given its decline in overall quality in recent years, I think Andaz is a much better choice for me. As I have said before, it is not only my favorite Hyatt in Tokyo, but possibly my favorite hotel in Tokyo period.

I do not have Diamond status anymore, but I am sure it helps with upgrades. In terms of recognition and service quality, I'm already extremely well treated by this property.
Being a friend of the hotel helps too MikeFromTokyo . You get yours.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:54 pm
formerly htang333

Wow! I don't see how I can not stay at Andaz! Thanks!

I will be going in mid-June, not sure if that's peak but I'm certainly going to keep my Diamond status for it.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Japanese breakfast is better at Andaz.
With this I must strongly disagree.

Park Hyatt Tokyo Japanese breakfast is cooked to order by an actual Japanese restaurant. My wife calls their yudofu the best she has ever eaten.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
With this I must strongly disagree.

Park Hyatt Tokyo Japanese breakfast is cooked to order by an actual Japanese restaurant. My wife calls their yudofu the best she has ever eaten.
I had mine via room service and while it wasn't bad but nothing exciting either. To each their own.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I don't think anyone ever reported back on whether comped Diamond breakfast is available through room service (and I mean as a standard Diamond benefit, not just a perk for "friends of the manager", big spenders, etc).
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I don't think anyone ever reported back on whether comped Diamond breakfast is available through room service (and I mean as a standard Diamond benefit, not just a perk for "friends of the manager", big spenders, etc).
I am pretty sure it is not a "published" benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.