Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I agree that among Tokyo Hyatts, Andaz is least likely to show award space, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's due to inventory games, b/c space sometimes magically opens late. IME, Centric, HR, and GH are all readily available. PH is tougher, and often offers only the two twin room.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:04 am

Andaz TYO definitely plays inventory games.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:58 am

Dear Andaz: Stop playing games!
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Dear Andaz: Stop playing games!
I'd been checking Andaz for points stay at least 2x daily since the start of Dec, without success.
Then I post the above, and 12hrs later, voila an award room pops up!
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd been checking Andaz for points stay at least 2x daily since the start of Dec, without success.
Then I post the above, and 12hrs later, voila an award room pops up!
What are your two other wishes?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
What are your two other wishes?
2. Alaska: stop playing games and join Star alliance!
3. world peace
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
2. Alaska: stop playing games and join Star alliance!
3. world peace
love it!
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by pointsrunner
Booked for 5 nights on points for mid next year. We are a family of 4. 2 adults, 3 yr and 1 yr old. I expect to have Globalist status by then.
  1. Will we be able to fit in a twin? Concerned about space for bags and stuff
  2. During booking I didn’t see price for taxes and fees. How much is it typically for award stays? Any surcharge for kids The reservation was made for 4 persons and I was able to input the age of kids.
  3. Are there any views from standard room. I am assuming we don’t get a upgrade.
  4. Best options to get to from and back to NRT. Family plus bags will make the train option hard. And I don’t believe that the hotel has direct bus service.
I did 2 kids (similar age) and 2 adults in a twin, with a crib. Squishy, but not too bad.

The hotel told me specifically no surcharge for the kids.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
Booked for 5 nights on points for mid next year. We are a family of 4. 2 adults, 3 yr and 1 yr old. I expect to have Globalist status by then.
  2. During booking I didn’t see price for taxes and fees. How much is it typically for award stays? Any surcharge for kids The reservation was made for 4 persons and I was able to input the age of kids.
  3. Are there any views from standard room. I am assuming we don’t get a upgrade.
  4. Best options to get to from and back to NRT. Family plus bags will make the train option hard. And I don’t believe that the hotel has direct bus service.
Responses in line.

1. I fit a twin and a crib. Closet space is fairly large, you shouldn't have issues with your bags.
    1. Award stays do not incur fees or taxes
    1. Yes I think they all have views(city, tower, or palace)
    1. There is a bus service. Limosine Bus https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ar...iba_rinkai/dep
      1. Andaz is under Narita Airport → Shiba, Shiodome, Takeshiba, Rinkai Fukutoshin (Tokyo Water Front)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:27 pm

Last time I stayed at the Andaz they told me to avoid staying in the park view room because of new construction. I noticed the view from the pool had been degraded from the new building across the street. Does anyone know how many park view rooms are affected by all the new construction?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by anothertraveller12
Last time I stayed at the Andaz they told me to avoid staying in the park view room because of new construction. I noticed the view from the pool had been degraded from the new building across the street. Does anyone know how many park view rooms are affected by all the new construction?
The rooms are not affected, as they are high enough and the construction is finished. However, the pool view is now completely kaput.
downinit likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Booked four points-nights with no problem for next week. No idea if occupancy is down due to virus fears. As previously noted, TSU's not accepted and even my awesome Hyatt Concierge's efforts to secure a suite upgrade for me (Globalist, 120+ nts/yr) we rebuffed by the hotel. I'll follow-up with what room they put is in, worried...
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Booked four points-nights with no problem for next week. No idea if occupancy is down due to virus fears. As previously noted, TSU's not accepted and even my awesome Hyatt Concierge's efforts to secure a suite upgrade for me (Globalist, 120+ nts/yr) we rebuffed by the hotel. I'll follow-up with what room they put is in, worried...
View room or Andaz Large, possibly.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:28 am

TSUs cannot be used at this hotel anyway.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:23 am

worried...
There's no point worrying. At this property, if you want a suite, you'll need to book and pay for a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.