Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[MGM] Aria Las Vegas - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

[MGM] Aria Las Vegas - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:21 pm

Something else that I noticed on my MGM Grand print-out: it doesn't show the days reserved. At least mine didn't. Why is this?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by mommafrica
Thanks a lot. I had the MGM Grand booked 11/18-21 (hopefully for the Ward-Kovalev fight) for $455. But I would like to break that up as a mattress run, but still have my SO be able to get ready for a big event in a decent hotel on the night of the fight (11-19): if you know what I mean. One still has to make a decent impression LOL.
If you do break it into two stays, there is a skybridge connecting MGM Grand and NYNY. There areally both escalator and elevator to get you to the upper level to use this bridge.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Aria isn't too far from T-Mobile Arena either.. you can walk through the Aria/Monte Carlo connector then through Monte Carlo. Bellagio could work as well if you take the tram over to Monte Carlo/Aria then walk through Monte Carlo.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:16 pm

All great and extremely helpful.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:54 pm

I have a reservation coming up. My sister's flight gets in in the morning (me at night). Do you know if she can check in before me? Can I call Hyatt or Aria or Mlife to add her name to the reservation so she can check in while she waits for me? Not sure how this would work. I know with Hyatt I can add her to the reservation, but not sure if I can do that since I booked my room via the mlife site. Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by ang2383
I have a reservation coming up. My sister's flight gets in in the morning (me at night). Do you know if she can check in before me? Can I call Hyatt or Aria or Mlife to add her name to the reservation so she can check in while she waits for me? Not sure how this would work. I know with Hyatt I can add her to the reservation, but not sure if I can do that since I booked my room via the mlife site. Thanks.
Hm, kind of curious about this too.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Call the hotel and ask (or e-mail [email protected]).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Does anyone know if Aria will take Hyatt gift cards?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by azmojo
Does anyone know if Aria will take Hyatt gift cards?
They wont accept hyatt gift card.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Here is my review of the Aria based on a Hyatt Globalist -> Mlife Gold

Check In

There is a dedicated line for MLife elites. This line is generally shorter BUT there are fewer agents so not sure if in reality if it is all that much better. But still a perk that they list on the Mlife elite page. I tried the $20 tip trick, and after 15 mintues the agent left, went and talked to a manager and was able to get me a room on a high floor but that is it. Stupid me I was thinking suites as they were only listed as $100 more per night, but he said couldn't do. However, this is my first time at this hotel so not sure if that has anything to do with the minimal upgrade offered.

Room

The room is new, clean and has automatic curtains. Carpets were still looking new and bright and clean. Bed was very soft, but comfortable. Pillows were lumpy but I slept very well regardless. As well the linens did not feel very smooth, and my wife thought they felt cheap. However as I said, we both did sleep well.

My biggest gripe with the room is there is no coffee maker? I think this is the first hotel I have ever stayed at without a coffee maker.

Bathroom

Decent size with double sinks which is a nice plus. They have the toilet behind a glass door for privacy.

A plus is there is a separate tub and shower.

Resort Area / Gym / Pools

The hotel has an expensive $39 per night resort fee. I personally feel it is a rip off, as the hotel does not provide in-room coffee maker, paper newspaper (there is some e-paper that you can download some how) and the pool area is small for a resort.

Most of the small pools are included in the $39 fee. To use one of the pools they wanted $150 so I declined and can not comment on it other than it had many available chairs, where the other pools the chairs were packed to the gills and very few free available chairs by 2pm unless you wanted to sit 4 rows back in the shade.

The gym is new and large, but only open only from 6am-8pm so you cannot use after 8pm. Also the pool had limited hours, I think 9am-6pm.

Overall

As a Mlife Gold (from Hyatt Globalist) you don't get much here. I think you get a better rate (as it was about 15% cheaper at Mlife then booking through Hyatt) but very very very little recognition. Also be AWARE of RESORT fee and TAX. Expensive especially as they often will advertise room rates of $100 ish mid week, but taxes and RESORT fee would bring that up about $60 or 60% extra. YIKES.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by smilee
As a Mlife Gold (from Hyatt Globalist) you don't get much here. I think you get a better rate (as it was about 15% cheaper at Mlife then booking through Hyatt) but very very very little recognition. Also be AWARE of RESORT fee and TAX. Expensive especially as they often will advertise room rates of $100 ish mid week, but taxes and RESORT fee would bring that up about $60 or 60% extra. YIKES.
Thank you for the report. I know that those of us who have mLife status from our Hyatt status were to be downgraded on Oct 1. However, I am still shown as platinum. Did your status actually drop to gold? I don't have the sense it will make any difference though.

Did you try either the buffet line or the taxi line where gold/plat status is supposed to give priority? If so, how well did it work? How long was a typical wait in the taxi queue?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you for the report. I know that those of us who have mLife status from our Hyatt status were to be downgraded on Oct 1. However, I am still shown as platinum. Did your status actually drop to gold? I don't have the sense it will make any difference though.

Did you try either the buffet line or the taxi line where gold/plat status is supposed to give priority? If so, how well did it work? How long was a typical wait in the taxi queue?
I didn't get status until late August/September as I had no trips planned to Vegas until this year.

As well, the hotel was not super busy. I think the shooting two weeks earlier had made the crowds less then usual for a weekend, i don't know.

I didn't eat at the Aria buffet, but when I walked by it one day, the line had just a couple of people in it. I ended up eating at the Billagio Buffet (with my gold card in hand) but there wasn't a single person in the line.

My point is though. As a MLIFE Plat set your expectations LOW, and I mean really LOW for what you will get.

I think status benefits may come more from how much you spend gambling, the card is just a pretty card.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There is actually a separate buffet line for Mlife pearl or higher. At busy times, there can be 30-40 people in the regular buffet line at Aria or Bellagio and only 4-6 in the Mlife line, so it works very well. They have a similar set up for taxis (separate line for Mlife platinum or higher), but I never used it at a busy time so I can't comment on how well it works.

Last edited by Low Roller; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:27 am
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Low Roller
There is actually a separate buffet line for Mlife pearl or higher. At busy times, there can be 30-40 people in the regular buffet line at Aria or Bellagio and only 4-6 in the Mlife line, so it works very well. They have a similar set up for taxis (separate line for Mlife pearl or higher), but I never used it at a busy time so I can't comment on how well it works.
The front-of-line taxi benefit is for Mlife Plat or higher (not Pearl like buffets). And it works wonderfully during extremely busy times. I've skipped 20+ min taxi waits with this benefit...easily the best perk IMO as it is guaranteed where all the comps and room upgrades are really just based on how much you gamble.

To the earlier poster who noticed the separate/empty pool. That was likely the "SkyPool" which is reserved for SkySuites guests. Again a nice perk if you are staying in a SkySuite (or I guess willing to fork over $150...money always talks).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
The front-of-line taxi benefit is for Mlife Plat or higher (not Pearl like buffets).
Thanks for the correction - I've edited my earlier post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.