Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which DC area Hyatts give a bonus to Diamonds when Lounge is closed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

This came to mind when staying at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta - Buckhead on a Sunday night where they gave me an additional 2,500 Hyatt Gold Passport points + free breakfast in the main restaurant for being a Diamond since the Club Lounge was closed.

I have a Sunday night stay planned in the DC area and my schedule is flexible so I can stay at nearly any area hotel and want to maximize points so....

First question might be "which of the following have Club Lounges?" Next question is "Which of the hotels with lounges offer a points bonus to Diamond members when the lounge is closed?"

(Edited to include supplied by responses)
  • Grand Hyatt Washington - Grand Club w/ extended hours, small chance of extra points
  • Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill - Regency Club, hours??
  • Park Hyatt Washington - NO CLUB
  • Hyatt Arlington - NO CLUB
  • Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
  • Hyatt Regency Bethesda - Has Regency Club but said to be disgusting, small chance of extra points
  • Hyatt Regency Reston - Regency Club, hours??
  • Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes - NO CLUB
  • Hyatt Dulles - NO CLUB
  • Hyatt Regency Baltimore - Regency Club w/ normal hours

Thanks!

Last edited by jmgriffin; Oct 18, 2013 at 8:52 am
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
"Which of the hotels with lounges offer a points bonus to Diamond members when the lounge is closed?"
This is a common benefit. The issue is finding hotels that have reliably (such as "weekends") closed lounges, if you're looking to boost your points per stay with this trick.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Park Hyatt and Hyatt Arlington don't have lounges.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

HR Crystal City does not have a RC either.
GH has a GC, which is open ALL the time (very extended hours at least!) so this is not your option!
HR Baltimore has a RC with typical hours.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses, I've updated my original post with the info. Sounds like my best bet will be either:

Any first hand experience on getting extra points when the Regency Club is closed?

Last edited by jmgriffin; Oct 18, 2013 at 9:03 am Reason: to remove "Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport"
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks for the responses, I've updated my original post with the info. Sounds like my best bet will be either:

• Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport

Any first hand experience on getting extra points when the Regency Club is closed?
I don't think the third hotel on your list has a lounge but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can verify this, although I thought someone already said this earlier in the thread.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think the third hotel on your list has a lounge but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can verify this, although I thought someone already said this earlier in the thread.
Oops, you're right--removed it. Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:01 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Reston's Club is closed on the weekends... Thats where I usually go for my "points run". Typically doesnt post automatically and I have to call, but I get them
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
If it is just for the extra points, then Reston is the place to stay. This hotel, however, is typically more expensive than its brethren and it kind of out of the way. If neither the cost nor the location is an issue, have at it Hoss.

Cheers -
Old Oct 23, 2013, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston on Sunday night. I didn't get the extra points though because the Regency Club is open for breakfast on Monday morning. You only get the bonus points for Friday & Saturday night stays since the RC is closed Saturday/Sunday mornings:

At least I know for the future now!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:30 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston on Sunday night. I didn't get the extra points though because the Regency Club is open for breakfast on Monday morning. You only get the bonus points for Friday & Saturday night stays since the RC is closed Saturday/Sunday mornings:
Write to HGP Customer Service (or contact Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk. You are entitled to the DN bonus because the lounge was closed during part (the first night) of your stay.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Write to HGP Customer Service (or contact Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk. You are entitled to the DN bonus because the lounge was closed during part (the first night) of your stay.
+1
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Thanks for all the suggestions. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston on Sunday night. I didn't get the extra points though because the Regency Club is open for breakfast on Monday morning. You only get the bonus points for Friday & Saturday night stays since the RC is closed Saturday/Sunday mornings:

At least I know for the future now!
One of the best excuses I have heard over the last years.

Please contact customer service to get the 2500 points.

I am a little bit shocked that the Regency Reston is coming up with such nonsense, I recommended this place multiple times over the last years...

Just another Hyatt taking the biscuit...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Originally Posted by FD1971
One of the best excuses I have heard over the last years.

Please contact customer service to get the 2500 points.

I am a little bit shocked that the Regency Reston is coming up with such nonsense, I recommended this place multiple times over the last years...

Just another Hyatt taking the biscuit...
Thanks for the suggestion, just called Gold Passport support and the rep said that she's added the additional 2,500 points to my account!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.