Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Maybe the comments will turn around when some start to win the sweepstakes, but at the moment it looks like they're having a hard time keeping this train on the rails. Also looks like Hyatt knows it, with Gold Passport Concierge ringing in above. Hopefully, they're delving in to do some serious repairs before they have another 'Yattit on their hands.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Maybe the comments will turn around when some start to win the sweepstakes, but at the moment it looks like they're having a hard time keeping this train on the rails. Also looks like Hyatt knows it, with Gold Passport Concierge ringing in above. Hopefully, they're delving in to do some serious repairs before they have another 'Yattit on their hands.
We won.. and no 15% code when the trunk opened. Bit lost what to do now.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:47 pm

I was a winner too. Don't hold your breath, after emailing Hyatt twice they have yet to reply.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ACC2008
Hope someone at Hyatt CS is reading this thread.

I got a 15% off after playing the game.

Looked at Haytt Berlin and the rate was 144.5 euro per night for our 5 night stay. I was hoping it can take 15% off but NOT the case. When I use the code, it still gives me 144.50 rate which is 15% off.

Something is not right. The room type does not change either so not sure if this is really a deal or just promo.

If you are really suppose to get 15% off, can someone help me get this off the rate I got.

Thanks
Is the rate you are looking at a prepaid rate (which tends to be a 15% discount for many properties)? I thought the discount only applies to the Hyatt Daily Rate. I tried the code at the HR Warsaw, and it was also the same rate before and after. But before the discount, it was a prepaid rate. Afterwards, it was a cancellable rate.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:30 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers,

If you won a prize from a trunk but did not receive your prize, please PM us here and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Also, if you are having trouble using the discount codes, please feel free to PM us the hotel and dates of stay for which you wish to utilize the discounts. We would be happy to look into the rates for you.

Safe travels,

Abrea H.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:43 am

% Discount - New or Existing?

Can this be applied to an existing reservation or is it only applicable to new ones? Have an upcoming stay in November and would LOVE to use a discount (though it's a fantastic rate... not sure if it was a Costco one).
Any advice?
TIA
Carolyn
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Can this be applied to an existing reservation or is it only applicable to new ones? Have an upcoming stay in November and would LOVE to use a discount (though it's a fantastic rate... not sure if it was a Costco one).
Any advice?
TIA
Carolyn
My first thought is that you can cancel the one you have and make a new one using your prize. But since you've probably thought of this, too, perhaps you're asking if it's stackable? The way I understand it is that it's not.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Any advice?
TIA
Carolyn
Call Hyatt Gold Passport and ask to apply your discount on your current reservation. Technically, all rate changes result in their system reservations to cancel, but they'll honor the rate you have, and if the discount qualifies to be applied on the type of rate you have, then they'll readjust your rate.. by creating a brand new reservation with the new details.

To you, its having the same reservation but having the discount applied. For HGP system, they'll cancel the reservation and make a new one. Seems like a weird system, but that will be the way they conduct the change to the existing reservation.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:39 pm

Thanks all

I'll give it a shot... but highly doubt it's possible...
got a really great rate in Feb. for November stay using a now expired Diamond Suite Upgrade (esp since we rarely use them... still have 4 left for this year -- usually we're quite lucky getting comp upgrades on short stays). Guess I'll try and call Diamond Line to see if code is applicable just for the heck of it... just pray it doesn't cancel out the old ressie since it may be pricing out higher. ==
OK, I'm probably being "greedy" but I've learned here on FT that "you never know... sometimes asking gets you "something" and GP has been very generous with us the last couple of years.
Will give it a try.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Small beans, but it seems as though GPPAR3 (bonus points for Hyatt stays in France) does not stack where DISC is used. The webpage plug for GPPAR3 says "Members must mention GPPAR3 at time of reservation and check-in." But when I called Hyatt after booking with DISC15, they were unable to enter GPPAR3.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by honey4life12
... Ends 10/31/13 ...
So, technically this has at least another week to play out. We've heard that the sweepstakes winners would be announced sometime after. Does anyone have a hunch as to when the sweepstakes part of this will p(l)ay out?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Still no response to the rate discount code. Ah well, a promotion that started off nice, but due to technical glitches, did not receive the discount code, nor a followup to inquiry to Gold Passport.

Not a big deal. Love the GP program.^
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:36 am

I just got contacted as a winner of the 5 free nights!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by GroundedTraveler
I just got contacted as a winner of the 5 free nights!
Congrats !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.