Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Chase" - Game Chasing 3 Trunks Around the World

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I'm Diamond...no card. Got invite...just played - found 2 trunks. 10%/100 pts. Took the 10%
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
Diamond, with card - 2 trunks at the end - 10% off or 100 points - took the points.

Would have taken just about any other (larger) prize - but hey, cute idea, and I'm sure it's informing folks who aren't aware of a number of point earning features and the current bonus promo.

Nice job educating customers in a fun/different way - and apparently ticking off a handful of obsessive customers who are systematically ineligible for some reason
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Eight grand for some stupid trunks? I don't care how hot the redhead is! Which begs the question, were any females targeted for this? And what kind of handsome stranger you were following?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by betterbydesign
... Would have taken just about any other (larger) prize ...
Folks, per skywalkerLAX - and confirmed - everyone has access to the 15% discount until January 31st!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, skywalkerLAX. Based on your post, I proceeded to give it a try for one hotel, and found this...

Similar to your observation, it wasn't as low as other - even non-prepaid - rates on the page. But if one doesn't have access to those, it could be a winner.
I tried to use the 10% discount at an upcoming stay in Kauai where my room rate on AAA discount was $332. Per Diamond Desk, using the standard room rate of $500, I would have only gotten a rate of $450, so just a bit less with the DISC15.

So what hotels never offer discount rates of AAA, AARP etc where this could be useful?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by silver springer
I tried to use the 10% discount at an upcoming stay in Kauai where my room rate on AAA discount was $332. Per Diamond Desk, using the standard room rate of $500, I would have only gotten a rate of $450, so just a bit less with the DISC15.

So what hotels never offer discount rates of AAA, AARP etc where this could be useful?
Sort of on another level, there's an ongoing discussion on this board involving people who either won't or are intimidated about using one of those rates if they're not entitled. (I'm not indicating that I would be - and please - to watchers - I'm not trying to ignite that one again here!)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalker's,

There were issues with the server that have since been fixed. Members that received the email to play and were told they already received a reward even when they hadn't can try to play again and will be able to earn a reward.
Can you elaborate on the targeted qualification criteria (secret sauce) ?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear Flyertalker's,

There were issues with the server that have since been fixed. Members that received the email to play and were told they already received a reward even when they hadn't can try to play again and will be able to earn a reward.
It still tells me I have a reward already, so I think the thing I "won" is the sweepstakes entry.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Smile

Originally Posted by yousavvy
I played the game for fun to narrow down the choices. This is the combo that gets you to choose from all three trunks:

paris
hong kong
spa
las vegas
chicago

one of those 3 boxes likely contains a better prize than 10% off
Did this and got 10% or 250 points took the points THANKS
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Ineligible . Perhaps targeted at people who use their chase Hyatt card more than me.
I use my Hyatt card a lot and still not eligible.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, skywalkerLAX. Based on your post, I proceeded to give it a try for one hotel, and found this...

Similar to your observation, it wasn't as low as other - even non-prepaid - rates on the page. But if one doesn't have access to those, it could be a winner.
just tried it at several places - it's lower than AAA and not prepaid - seems like a good option.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Rarely use my Chase Hyatt (only use it for award nights and Hyatt stays). Got the email. 10% off next stay. Meh..
Old Sep 20, 2013, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Rarely use my Chase Hyatt (only use it for award nights and Hyatt stays). Got the email. 10% off next stay. Meh..
i don't have hyatt card (canceled long time ago) but stil got the promo email
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:14 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The Discount code is universal 'DISC15' so no need to select that one.

Needless to say it is (as expected) useless for 5 properties I tried.
Well now I feel exploited for taking the 15% off code which is a general anyone can use it code..technically then I didn't really "win" anything like it said I did??!

I now take back some of my positive feedback about Hyatt and this promo

And even worse, in checking a few hotels using the code..it is pretty unless so far..AAA rate is lower and the code wasn't even valid at some others!

I want a retry or at least the 100 points please.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Eight grand for some stupid trunks? I don't care how hot the redhead is! Which begs the question, were any females targeted for this? And what kind of handsome stranger you were following?

I can't believe Hyatt would condone stalking in such a manner. This is an outrage!

I'm a female and I, too, was following the redheaded woman. Or rather, the trunks.

Got 3 trunks-10% (15%?)/250 points/enter to win the free nights in the sweepstakes.

I haven't stayed at a Hyatt in quite a while-I'm wondering when they will expire, and I do not have the credit card.

I thought it was a clever promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.